It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:17 pm

The great feedback thread

Let's talk about official announcements.
  • Author

ShadeAvatar

Re: The great feedback thread

PostThu Jun 19, 2014 12:49 pm

-About unit limit I agree with DragonWarrior: 10 is not a limit. Make it for example 3, this should really affect builds,help with balancing and cause army builds to be more challenging to make

-morbid puppets does not cout for KoTH but they affect the color of the zones and its very confusing, so please change that

-about elixir spawning, it should be less random. You could introduce some restrictions for example 2 spawns could be at least 8-10 spaces away from each other. Second solution that comes to my mind is that you could divide map into spawning zones (zone borders would be invisible for players), than the 2 consecutive spawns could have some reasonable restriction like no spawns in adjacent zones.

-I also agree with other players about champion costs-legendary like champs should cost more or non legendary champs should cost less

-more over as mentioned earlier: swarms have advantage over elite armies, because you have to do both things: gather elixirs and dominate if you do only one thing and the opponent the other it would be a draw (of course I assume that both players are equally efficient in killing their enemies).
Last edited by ShadeAvatar on Thu Jun 19, 2014 1:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Almanro

PostThu Jun 19, 2014 12:56 pm

Dragon_Warrior wrote:
The number of units in a match is much higher than in the Confrontation game

nope :P

This happens when commenting something only from reading the rules and not trying to play (I'm speaking of myself), don't know why but I had the feeling that you could deploy more than 20 units... and I was also thinking about the usual 200-300 AP games, not 500... second point seems still valid, I'll comment again as soon as I get to try it...

Dragon_Warrior

PostThu Jun 19, 2014 1:45 pm

Almanro wrote:
Dragon_Warrior wrote:
The number of units in a match is much higher than in the Confrontation game

nope :P

This happens when commenting something only from reading the rules and not trying to play (I'm speaking of myself), don't know why but I had the feeling that you could deploy more than 20 units... and I was also thinking about the usual 200-300 AP games, not 500... second point seems still valid, I'll comment again as soon as I get to try it...

there was limit of 5 units per 100ap but most of players used 10-15 units in 300-400ap games.
Currently only skelly/sparkling bands have more than 10 units
but in Confrontation there was more attacks per units mostly (9 ap kelt had war furry with up to 3 strikes ;) )
ign: Draconnor, Cynwall player, 23 years in computer games, 14 years in battle games, 8 years in Confrontation Universe, 4 years of making own battle games.

Astralwyrm

PostFri Jun 20, 2014 5:16 am

Yeah i can see why Lions are dominating this new game mode. The sparklings are being way overused. They can dominate the map and spread out to pickup all of the elixirs and contribute to the control zone, they aren't hard to take down but because there are so many even if you dominate the match they can still beat you to 7 elixirs just because they can cover more of the map than a group of 6 wolfen can.

On the upside the Wolfen Assault Crossbowman is working pretty well for me, it really did need fierce.

MhBlis

PostFri Jun 20, 2014 8:56 am

I would request that we get some feed back from the Devs.

1. What is working as you intended.

2. What is not working as you intended.

3. What are some of the success you see from your end.

4. What are some of the problems.

Really we as players need to get some sense of your idea of the current state of the game. With that we can start focusing our testing. And get a dialogue going.

Dr.Ido

Site Admin

PostFri Jun 20, 2014 10:01 am

MhBlis wrote:I would request that we get some feed back from the Devs.

I agree and I'd be very happy to give you feedback, but it's a bit too early for that especially since there was a bug on the first day of the patch preventing new players from playing multiplayer games...

Just give us a few days to look at the data and discuss between us. I wouldn't want to rush to post something and have to correct it a few days later.

Dragon_Warrior

PostFri Jun 20, 2014 10:05 am

Just give us a few days to look at the data and discuss between us. I wouldn't want to rush to post something and have to correct it a few days later.

But a fix changing value of Legendaries +100/150ap + all heroes immune to KO would be nice ASAP ;)

all other changes can wait :P
ign: Draconnor, Cynwall player, 23 years in computer games, 14 years in battle games, 8 years in Confrontation Universe, 4 years of making own battle games.

MhBlis

PostFri Jun 20, 2014 11:30 am

Personally I would go another way:

Leave the Heroes as they are but remove "Outright kill" from the game except where it is tied to specific skill with Elixer cost on Heroes.

This way Heroes are still powerful and there is still risk and some randomness but it can be planned for and it comes at a cost.

If we remove it completely then we can't test it at all. There is nothing stopping them removing it later but it will be very hard to bring it back.

--------

As for the cost issue I don't think that is going to solve the problem since it is more tied to the units that go with them. I'd get the mechanics working better before we tweak unit cost and number balance.

I'm much more for a cap on individual units that is meaning full. 3-4 may be the sweet spot.

Though either way would work.

Astralwyrm

PostFri Jun 20, 2014 12:02 pm

Another possibility could be to attach the Sparklings to other units and add their points cost to them. That would force a Sparkling cap of sorts rather than an across the board unit cap.

Dragon_Warrior

PostFri Jun 20, 2014 3:56 pm

Leave the Heroes as they are but remove "Outright kill" from the game except where it is tied to specific skill with Elixer cost on Heroes.

currently auto KO is only reasonable way to take down Golem/Chimera

I'm much more for a cap on individual units that is meaning full. 3-4 may be the sweet spot.

After some more tests my opinion is that skelly/spark swarm can abuse mostly random pickups - that should be changed somehow (random pickups).

So in order of importance (1,2,3)

Major problems:

1. Far to cheap Legendaries.
2. Auto KO that will throw away most of new players very fast.
3. Random Pickups

Minor problems:

1. Unlimited swarm units (3 per type instead 10 for group)
2. Affinity Markers over units to check their type without pointing a unit.
3. Fixing some affinities to be more usefull (mostly 3'rd type is visibly weaker that first two becouse of its high price)

Annoying bugs:

1. KotH marker reacting on sumons
2. teleportation bug
3. Game searching bug that forces restarting of the game.
PreviousNext

Return to News