It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:20 am

The great feedback thread

Let's talk about official announcements.
  • Author

MhBlis

Re: The great feedback thread

PostThu Jun 19, 2014 6:59 am

Also it might be worth putting a clear indication that this is a brand new playstyle for the game since a number of people I've seen come in today have mentioned how unpolished this looks for a beta. Once made aware that this is day one of a new game they were much more relaxed about it.

Deep Blue

PostThu Jun 19, 2014 8:37 am

MhBlis wrote:To be honest I like the direction you guys are taking this in but overall this whole patch seems to have been badly tested.

1. The randomness kills the game. Out right kills, Elixer spawns. Strategy plays no part in this game any more just dumb luck.

exactly this. The thing is.... as a first impression when somebody tells me "all your unit can be oneshotted by a random guy" and elixir pop up randomly my first idea would be... luck only game!
Closed beta tester - Ram & Wolf player

Useful links:
AP army calculator (by Hod): http://dogsofwar.eu.pn/

Vahire

PostThu Jun 19, 2014 9:28 am

The game is to unbalanced and random to be fun right now.I hope the next patch come fast

Ahramir

PostThu Jun 19, 2014 10:00 am

I really like the new game !

Obviously there is still a lot of work to do on balancing, but I'm confident that you will handle it correctly.

About insta-kill, I really think all champions should be immuned to it, but I don't mind about insta-killing the troops, and I don't mind about random elixir pops.

Champions should have different AP costs, too. I'm still sad about the loss of leveling, and I'd really like to have more parameters to build my companies ; the cost of the Champion may be such a parameter. From a fluff perspective, a lone archer hero should not be as costly as THE Chimera.

I'm surprised by the huge Ducats cost difference between troop tiers (and even more so between Champion tiers) : aren't you afraid it will make the game appear as a pay-to-win ? I'm not saying it is - everything is far too cheap, but a new player may think "the first tier is for free-players, the third tier is for paying-players, meaning this game is pay-to-win". I don't even understand why such difference exists. Why not making all troops 200 ducats, for instance ?

Anyway, congratulations for the patch, it looks great overall !

MhBlis

PostThu Jun 19, 2014 10:46 am

I like the idea here but right now the sheer randomness of where the Elixers pop up and how game breaking a outright kill can be makes testing balance on units near impossible. We are in a place at the moment where we will need to equalize some of the game mechanics before we can test how units are valued.

I've now had a number of games where 0 damage was dealt because all the Elixers showed up on on side and the map was such that there was no reason to move out of the control zones.

Dr.Ido

Site Admin

PostThu Jun 19, 2014 11:00 am

We hear you about the instant kill. We won't rush into a decision but we get what you're saying :)

Keep posting, even though we don't reply we read and it's very helpful.

Dragon_Warrior

PostThu Jun 19, 2014 11:33 am

no limitation for troops must go away ... becouse 10 is not a limit at all...
10x16ap sparkling = 160 ap and 10 seal + sacrifice bombs + whole map covered with these guys mov... sparklings were great support units while limited to 3 per band (and without gathering orbs)

new unit diversity is nice but im afraid that mostly one of three is mostly weakling (in term of cost efficient)

and new War Fury on units is really great - game was lacking of it from the beggining!!!
ign: Draconnor, Cynwall player, 23 years in computer games, 14 years in battle games, 8 years in Confrontation Universe, 4 years of making own battle games.

Almanro

PostThu Jun 19, 2014 11:50 am

I've still to find the time to play the new version, but the instant-kill problem I think is due mainly to two factors:

- The number of units in a match is much higher than in the Confrontation game, so the probability to see instant-kills during a match rises considerably -> focusing all attacks on the enemy hero will probably kill it well before his hit points hits zero;

- In confrontation, killing the enemy most costly unit (the hero) don't give you also 4/7 of the game points necessary to win a match.

While I personally dislike randomness, it may be a good way to speed up the games, but having a single unit so important (the hero) subject to it makes the random factor too important and decisive.

More feedback tomorrow, as soon as I'll have time to effectively try the game.

Dragon_Warrior

PostThu Jun 19, 2014 12:03 pm

The number of units in a match is much higher than in the Confrontation game

nope :P

another game

so two first places in rank are dominated by spark swarm lamers ... while Tiberix switched Chimera for Royal Guard that maybe don't have 60 hp, legendary stats and 2 celestial scourges in a turn + attack but still can allow to seal + spark dive in one activation.

so srsly unlimited sparks + Chimera discounted from 350+ ap to 200 + able to cast guardian angel on herself + 5 devoting and healing sparklings around her ? even unlimited pursuits of Ryskar is not enough for that.

Really i have enough for two days - right now i feel more like in work that in a game or even beta tester.
Especially when game get so much untested changes that brought fully random game where main factors of winning are:
50% about army composition (would be ok if not based on so small number of devastating combination)
40% of luck
10% of skill

since yesterday i win not even one game thx to skills - all wins/loos was about luck or army ...
ign: Draconnor, Cynwall player, 23 years in computer games, 14 years in battle games, 8 years in Confrontation Universe, 4 years of making own battle games.

Vahire

PostThu Jun 19, 2014 12:23 pm

I cant mute or report anymore ? Not fun playing against a douchbag spaming you to leave the game.
PreviousNext

Return to News