It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:23 pm

The great feedback thread

Let's talk about official announcements.
  • Author

Vahire

Re: The great feedback thread

PostWed Jun 18, 2014 9:37 pm

Lost my chimera turn 1 because of a dispersion shot that got her instant kill :cry:

Dragon_Warrior

PostWed Jun 18, 2014 9:39 pm

Vahire wrote:Lost my chimera turn 1 because of a dispersion shot that got her instant kill :cry:

O - thats you
sorry for that :P

and post before you i agreed that that was wrong
ign: Draconnor, Cynwall player, 23 years in computer games, 14 years in battle games, 8 years in Confrontation Universe, 4 years of making own battle games.

Vahire

PostWed Jun 18, 2014 9:41 pm

np.To be honest it was hilarious.

Orochi

PostWed Jun 18, 2014 9:58 pm

On the matter of insta kills, convinced my PoB hero is cursed, 2 out of 3 games insta'd from full health... I'm in agreement that the rate is too high, something like that should not be a common occurance (from what I can tell from others posting about it).

I'll stop whining now and carry on playing some more ;)

Dragon_Warrior

PostWed Jun 18, 2014 10:03 pm

another bug

sparkling warrior mage - is pure mage - and it makes his disturbing aura even weaken - while it is (aura) terrible weak already :P
i need some more tests with second aura (blinding one) to confirm if its working or not.
ign: Draconnor, Cynwall player, 23 years in computer games, 14 years in battle games, 8 years in Confrontation Universe, 4 years of making own battle games.

Vahire

PostWed Jun 18, 2014 10:05 pm

Ok i played 9 games.I think only 3 lasted longer than 3 turns.4 elexirs for a hero kill is too much,the game end way too fast.

Dragon_Warrior

PostWed Jun 18, 2014 10:24 pm

I think only 3 lasted longer than 3 turns.4 elexirs for a hero kill is too much,the game end way too fast.

i think that this one is good - the problem is when enemy gets rest of the points from random popups ;)

and legendary heroes are still so hard to kill eficiently that i would agree even for 6 points for them or +100 ap cost ;)

ShadeAvatar

PostThu Jun 19, 2014 12:37 am

First of all:

I like new interface and troop profiles. New game mode looks okay for now, its something different which i need to test more. Champions are also nice thing. What I notice:
-in mission tab there is one typo: galn (the word before description off what you will gain for completing mission), it should be gain
-there is still old description for taumatergic power - it still contains that taumatergic power increase automatically at lvl 3 and 5

Now cutting to the chase. There is one thing that screws everything, literally everything; the game, fun, plans. it's: RANDOMNESS. Which implies to crit hits and orb spawning. I have played three matches with one guy. In first one my champ was insta kill. In second I was really lucky with orb spawning and scored undeserved victory (I really hate such things). In third one his champ was insta kill. What is worse both insta kills originated from attack opportunity during disengagements!!!! Generally I feel that crits are scored to often. You don't have to rigorously stick to confrontation rules you have chance to improve them, so my advice for you is to do this. Hope this will help.

Astralwyrm

PostThu Jun 19, 2014 1:42 am

Haven't had much time to play today but i'll have more time tomorrow. In Kelrys' description; your missing the of in descendant of y'llia.
Last edited by Astralwyrm on Thu Jun 19, 2014 7:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

MhBlis

PostThu Jun 19, 2014 2:45 am

To be honest I like the direction you guys are taking this in but overall this whole patch seems to have been badly tested.

1. The randomness kills the game. Out right kills, Elixer spawns. Strategy plays no part in this game any more just dumb luck.

2. Board control is king and so the horde armies are just dominating. The meta is worse now than before.

3. You have oddly reversed many of the balance changes you made in the past with the new profiles and surprise surprise the same old problems cropped up.

4. Yes there are some balance changes that need to be made to many of the profiles number wise but only more testing will tell.

5. Tank units? why a PAR increase when TOU would have more impact in distinguishing them and also no DOD?

6. Build variety is actually still lacking but with further tweaking it may become a reality.

7. Map too small or scoring happens too early. I can't comment which one it is yet but I'm leaning to the scoring since you have no hope of planning a strategy with all the randomness.

To be honest I think right now there is too much going on. The low unit count armies don't have the model count to be able to send a unit off to collect a Elixer and still contest the Zones. At the same time because of how fast scoring comes they also can't just try kill all the enemy units since you just cannot deal that much damage fast enough.

With the current map Melee based armies struggle since they have to pretty much stand out in the open.
PreviousNext

Return to News