It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:32 am

Change is coming : Kain the Scourge

Let's talk about official announcements.
  • Author

Dr.Ido

Site Admin

Change is coming : Kain the Scourge

PostThu Jun 05, 2014 10:18 am

Hey there,

Let's continue our preview of the nine Heroes with another one from Acheron : Kain the Scourge. Don't worry, Wolfen Heroes will come soon !

(Click on the image for the full size picture)

Kain has no memories of his life prior to finding the Fist of Kain on a battlefield, the terrifying Scourge he will defeat countless foes with. He has even forgotten where he came from and what his real name was. The evil weapon, shaped by an inhuman power took control of him while he was seizing it for himself. The legend of Scourge is not the story of a man, but of a weapon.

After years and years of victories, after writing the Scourge Codex, Kain was granted by the Fathers of the Houses of Acheron, the right to create the order of the Black Paladins. Even though the cast doesn't have many members, it already has a great reputation in battle.

Many Heroes of the Light secretly hold Kain and his warriors in high esteem and regard them as opponents as brave as they are themselves... but devoted to the Darkness.

Detailed information :
Kain the Scourge
Price : 20 000 Ducats or 49 Cyans
AP : 200

Movement : 4
HP : 40
Theurgic Power : 3

Accuracy : 13
Parry : 13
Dodge : 10
Damage : 11
Toughness : 12
Willpower : 12

Hero Ordrer :

Special order :

Skills : Exhausting touch, Somatic Transfer*, Fist of Kain** (cost 1 Elixir Point)

Attributes : Strategist (2), Codex of the Scourge**, Iconoclast, Fear (14), Hard Boiled, Honor of the Black Paladins, Exalted, Living-Dead, Righteous, Master Fencer

*Fist of Kain : Automatically grants the “War Fury” ability to Kain for this turn. The first enemy attacked by the Fist of Kain cannot strike back against this attack.

** Codex of the Scourge : Grants Exalted to Kain. When Kain is eliminated from the game his spirit possesses the closest Black Palladin in his Faith Zone. This effect can only be applied if a Black Paladin is present within his Faith zone and is triggered only once per game.

So, will you take Kain to lead your company ?

Next, we'll look at a Wolfen Hero.

Dragon_Warrior

Re: Change is coming : Kain the Scourge

PostThu Jun 05, 2014 10:53 am

** Codex of the Scourge : Grants Exalted to Kain. When Kain is eliminated from the game his spirit possesses the closest Black Palladin in his Faith Zone. This effect can only be applied if a Black Paladin is present within his Faith zone and is triggered only once per game.

So closest Black Palladin become exact copy of the hero?

- What with Elixirs for killing him? Can enemy can get Elixirs twice? (would be like in C4)

- *Fist of Kain : Automatically grants the “War Fury” - War fury stayed the same as it was?

Less spectatular than the Crane but Hard Boiled and miracles should do the work.

Im only conserned about Another quite high Strategist Value... Current version Acheron is strongest faction even with Strategist 0...
ign: Draconnor, Cynwall player, 23 years in computer games, 14 years in battle games, 8 years in Confrontation Universe, 4 years of making own battle games.

Astralwyrm

PostThu Jun 05, 2014 12:09 pm

I'm starting to see a pattern in the strategist stat distribution. My prediction is this:

Light____ Dark_____ Destiny
Silienne 1 Kain____ 2 Emerok 3
Arinius_ 2 Melmoth 3 Ryskar 1
Chimera 3 Kerberos 1 Kelrys 2

Seems to fit the kind of heroes they are too. Atleast i would expect a Predator of Blood to be a less capable strategist than a Worg, but then maybe i'm wrong.

Dragon_Warrior

PostThu Jun 05, 2014 12:27 pm

Light____ Dark_____ Destiny
Silienne 1 Kain____ 2 Emerok 3
Arinius_ 2 Melmoth 3 Ryskar 1
Chimera 3 Kerberos 1 Kelrys 2

While current Sillienne<Ram is already werid (but lets say its a price for only sniper in game) - your shoots would be terrible if true.

As i said before for current balance RAM with Discipline 0 is still stronger than Lions with Dis 3... so if units will be keept at similar strenght as now - giving Ram equal values (1,2,3) would be so much terrible... both for balance and whole setting.

So when as long only one Lion Hero will be crippled with bottom discipline - making whole factions equal would be a disasaster.

In case of Royal Guard i Expect no less than 5 Strategist Value.
ign: Draconnor, Cynwall player, 23 years in computer games, 14 years in battle games, 8 years in Confrontation Universe, 4 years of making own battle games.

Astralwyrm

PostThu Jun 05, 2014 12:30 pm

I almost forgot to do this.

Dr.Ido wrote:Kain has no memories of his life prior to finding (on a battlefield) (the Fist of Kain), the terrifying Scourge he will defeat countless foes with. He has even forgotten where he came from and what is real name was. The evil weapon, shaped by an inhuman power took control of him while he was seizing it for himself. The legend of Scourge is not the story of a men, but of a weapon.

After years and years of victories, after writing the Scourge Codex, Kain was granted by the Fathers of the Houses of Acheron, the right to create the order of the Black Paladins. Even though the cast doesn't have many members, it already has a great reputation in battle.

Many Heroes of the Light secretly hold Kain and his warrior in high esteem and regard them as opponents as brave as they are themselves... but devoted to the Darkness.

1. Swap on a battlefield and the fist of kain around, it's easier to read that way because you don't have to pause as your reading it.
2. his
3. man
4. warriors

Thats all i could find.

Dr.Ido wrote:Next, we'll look at a Wolfen Hero.

I hope so, i'm really enjoying all this new information but the wolfen are who i'm really waiting for!

Dr.Ido

Site Admin

PostThu Jun 05, 2014 3:16 pm

Thanks for the proofreading :)

I updated the post

Sernior

PostThu Jun 05, 2014 8:02 pm

Astralwyrm wrote:
Dr.Ido wrote: and what is real name was.

Or my english is getting really rusty or something isn't working.

Dragon_Warrior

PostFri Jun 06, 2014 7:27 am

maybe he lost "H" from his ;)

Astralwyrm

PostFri Jun 06, 2014 10:48 pm

At risk of delaying my beloved wolfen hero information, there is one thing i'd like to hear about/discuss. Whats the direction going to be on the game hub/interface and other game systems. Will they be undergoing changes? Things like missions, the random events, the mail system. The removal of injuries must have had an effect on these systems right? Even if it's just to say you have taken them out to focus on the core of the game. I might be sad to see some of what little content the game has that isn't pvp based go, but at the same time alot of it as currently implemented doesn't contribute much to the overall experience. Even more so after injuries are removed.

roder

PostSat Jun 07, 2014 12:39 am

can we get an estimate on when this patch is coming ? June 20th?
Next

Return to News