It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:59 pm

New kid on the block.

Chat with other players about your DoWO experience!
  • Author

DeadRaven

New kid on the block.

PostFri May 30, 2014 8:49 am

I don't know if this is the right place to put this, i'm new so i'm clueless.

Anywho, i've started playing this game about a day or so ago, and i must say there are things about this game i love and others i feel like are a huge turn off for me, as a new player.

the combat system is amazing, i love the idea of that and the look of the game. the lvl system i feel like it's pointless, why should i increase my ap limit so much trying to fit a max lvl unit in my group when i could put another two guys in.

Another turn off is no coop, as a new player having to 1v1 everyone is kinda scary and boring, now i'm not new to these kinda games but i know the feeling of being new and having to 1v1 a vet and get face pwned. not a very fun feeling.
But then again it's beta so people shouldn't expect everything up front at once, takes time and i understand that.

On the p2w note, i have noticed this game is slightly p2w but i will admit it's not that bad, compared to many others. this game is no where near p2w. i hope it stays like that in the future, hardcore p2w are a huge turn off for me and other New players, *in my opinion*

And i understand that free games will have slight p2w for income and that's understandable, as long as it doesn't get out of hand like so many others.

If i had to rate this game in the state that it's in i'd give it a 6/10 and a 9/10 rating on what it could become if done right.

Astralwyrm

Re: New kid on the block.

Astralwyrm

PostFri May 30, 2014 10:57 am

There will be a new game mode which is a 500 ap match with Heros who are atleast for now all 200 ap and the rest of the ap is used up with troops. With new game rules which you can read up on in these threads. They are doing away with talent trees in favour of splitting the different units into roles. Wolfen Crossbowman for example has 3 different profiles, Assault (close combat shooter) Herasser (Mobile Shooter) and Harpooner (Hits like a truck shooter). They are going to be returning all the used ducats and cyans back to the players since the update will erase all current units. They are doing away with the injury system if not completely then it will only stick around superficially.

I agree on Co-op, it's been brought up a few times and we'll just have to keep bringing it up till there are signs of it happening. =P I agree that the game shouldn't move down towards pay to win but i think there needs to be more avenues of progression so that you can never feel finished with the game.

DeadRaven

PostFri May 30, 2014 11:38 am

those changes sound interesting, i hope they bring this game to life, kinda feel alone when i play dogs of war.

But for me personally i'm looking forward to 2v2 or atleast a free for all.
because 1v1 just get's lonely.

MhBlis

PostSat May 31, 2014 12:29 am

Hey I think we may have had a chat and a game a few days ago.

At the moment the game does seem a little empty since everyone is kind of in a holding pattern for the changes.

At first glance it does look pay to win but to be honest there is nothing that you can buy with $ that you can't buy with free in game currency in under a week. What may be a tricking you is the way they hampered unit leveling which is a system that was removed, not replaced and won't appear at all in the new version.

I agree getting steam rolled in my first week was a huge turn off but under the new system the starting companies will be more competetive and eventually hopefully there will be a less punishing starting bracket for new players

Return to General Forum