It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:49 am

Lion nMelee

A place where you can talk about your strategies
  • Author

skydancer

Re: Lion nMelee

PostThu Apr 17, 2014 6:44 pm

That prevent infinite counterattack of 2 unit that have counterattack ability and high DEF vs low ATT.

I think it's ok like it is.
~ work in progress ~

p122ab0y

PostThu Apr 17, 2014 6:57 pm

Just make it so that counterattack provides only one extra retaliation. think that's how it is currentlyone riposte. Also I think that's how it is now

Deep Blue

PostThu Apr 17, 2014 11:55 pm

p122ab0y wrote:
Deep Blue wrote:unless they changed it....counterattack does not trigger on the enemy's riposte...

Well that makes for a pretty crappy counterattack doesnt it.

yeah. The problem with counterattack is that it is easy to play around, sometimes too easy. It would be nice if it would work like the stances but maybe with limited charges...the thing is that it is a bit tricky to balance in my opinion. With ambidextrous the valkyrie could become a powerhouse as it basically gets an inverse bornkiller
Closed beta tester - Ram & Wolf player

Useful links:
AP army calculator (by Hod): http://dogsofwar.eu.pn/

p122ab0y

PostFri Apr 18, 2014 12:43 am

Deep Blue wrote:unless they changed it....counterattack does not trigger on the enemy's riposte...

Your right it doesnt trigger on an enemy riposte but the tooltip doesnt reflect that at all. it says riposte on "each strike" it parries. So either counterstrike needs to be fixed or the tooltip needs to be updated.

MhBlis

PostFri Apr 18, 2014 2:03 am

Thanks folks. Now to buy me some more lions and maybe another Valk.

MhBlis

Re: Lion Melee

PostFri Apr 18, 2014 11:17 am

So I've been trying out p122ab0y suggestion of lions and mage. Though I ran into some question.

- Are any of the tier 3 and 4 abilities worth while on the lion? Assassin seems nice but expensive for what it does.

- I'd love to get a Knight in their but for the points cost that;'s 3 swordsmen.

I'm limited by my level and so company slots.

Currently my list is

2x Lion (1x lvl2 with mobility, 1x lvl1)
3x Swordsmen lvl2 with Parry
1x Valk lvl2 with Favorable Auspices
1x Mage lvl4? with Seal.

Now I would like to swap the Valk for a level 1 one to free up the points but currently that's not an option and the mage is still leveling. Any other suggestions here to make it more competitive or glaring no no's please speak up.

p122ab0y

PostFri Apr 18, 2014 4:53 pm

Not enough units to take advantage of last turn activation and why use valk with auspice when urn not using archers? Here's 3 two variations to my Comp that can work. Ultimately the original is what Id go with

Original comp: lvl 4 mage w/ chast+seal, 2x lvl2 spark with parry, 1x lvl1 spark, 3x lvl1 lion, 1x lvl 1 valk.
Variation: swap 1x lion for extra valk. (greater heal potential, but less firepower)
variation: swap 3x lion for 5x parry swordsman ( This was the initial comp I tested with but later went 3x lion. Guaranteed last activation + great swarm potential. Severe lack in firepower and must rely on mage. If mage goes you go.

MhBlis

PostFri Apr 18, 2014 9:56 pm

I'm stuck using units I currently have sadly. I'm trying to get more game time in so I can raise my renown and open up a few more slots.

Thanks for the further info. i'll keep tweaking and see how it goes.
Previous

Return to Strategy Forum