It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:44 am

Do you enjoying playing agasint Golems?

A place where you can talk about your strategies
  • Author

Deep Blue

Re: Do you enjoying playing agasint Golems?

PostWed Apr 09, 2014 6:53 am

Dragon_Warrior wrote:
your archers were in such a great position

archers was dealing 1dmg each shoot :P

shame on you for not switching to ferocious vs ram :P
Closed beta tester - Ram & Wolf player

Useful links:
AP army calculator (by Hod): http://dogsofwar.eu.pn/

Dragon_Warrior

PostWed Apr 09, 2014 8:24 am

Deep Blue wrote:
Dragon_Warrior wrote:
your archers were in such a great position

archers was dealing 1dmg each shoot :P

shame on you for not switching to ferocious vs ram :P

at the time 4/5 games i play against Ram and mostly only one of it contains HB golem :P
ign: Draconnor, Cynwall player, 23 years in computer games, 14 years in battle games, 8 years in Confrontation Universe, 4 years of making own battle games.

Deep Blue

PostSun Apr 13, 2014 1:18 pm

haven't seen a golem in a while, are they gone? :O same with the chimera or worg

Useful links:

Dragon_Warrior

PostSun Apr 13, 2014 2:12 pm

same with the chimera or worg

big part of top Lions companies have Chimera at the time :P
ign: Draconnor, Cynwall player, 23 years in computer games, 14 years in battle games, 8 years in Confrontation Universe, 4 years of making own battle games.

Astralwyrm

PostTue Apr 15, 2014 2:42 pm

Came up against a level 5 worg with level 2/3 guardian of runes yesterday, lost 3 times in a row x.x i just can't make a move in on him so i know that i need to change tactics some where. I think one thing i could do is give my predator of blood fierce and spread out more. Use him to wall the worg otherwise the worg will just 2 hit anything and everything with war fury and impacable. if i do that though i lose the awesomeness that is blood lust predator of blood. =(

Recently i've been running a 4 man setup, i know that deep blue sees this as blasphemous but too late. =p

level 5 guardian of the runes with hymn of destiny, exalted, mortal insolence and piety.
level 4 predator of blood with ruthless, master strike and bloodlust.
2 level 3 wolfen fangs with ruthless and mighty blow.

Thats for 385 AP, i was thinking when i get POD to level 5 i would give him war fury but i'm not sure if i want to gamble on that -6 toughness since he works pretty well as he is now.

I find this works really well for VIP matches and usually respectable against large or medium groups. I have run a more mage heavy setup too with 2 level 4 lonewolves with two opposing talents trees nuker with ring of ice and healer with ring of mist. But i haven't made much use of them since especially when they rely on each other pretty heavily. Atleast how i play them they do.

edit: met one guy with a chimera and valkyrie today and no luck trying to defeat him either, 2 losses in a row, i subbed one of my fangs for a wolfen crossbowman with instinctive firing and harassment to try to find a use for it but i couldn't get a good shot atleast against this legendary. It doesn't help that 4 out of 5 of these legendary matches has been in the map with all the rocks and bushes in grass/dirt level (lanever i think?). Guess i really need to pull out my mages against one of those.

Deep Blue

PostTue Apr 15, 2014 6:54 pm

Astralwyrm wrote:Came up against a level 5 worg with level 2/3 guardian of runes yesterday, lost 3 times in a row x.x i just can't make a move in on him so i know that i need to change tactics some where. I think one thing i could do is give my predator of blood fierce and spread out more. Use him to wall the worg otherwise the worg will just 2 hit anything and everything with war fury and impacable. if i do that though i lose the awesomeness that is blood lust predator of blood. =(

Recently i've been running a 4 man setup, i know that deep blue sees this as blasphemous but too late. =p

level 5 guardian of the runes with hymn of destiny, exalted, mortal insolence and piety.
level 4 predator of blood with ruthless, master strike and bloodlust.
2 level 3 wolfen fangs with ruthless and mighty blow.

Thats for 385 AP, i was thinking when i get POD to level 5 i would give him war fury but i'm not sure if i want to gamble on that -6 toughness since he works pretty well as he is now.

I find this works really well for VIP matches and usually respectable against large or medium groups. I have run a more mage heavy setup too with 2 level 4 lonewolves with two opposing talents trees nuker with ring of ice and healer with ring of mist. But i haven't made much use of them since especially when they rely on each other pretty heavily. Atleast how i play them they do.

edit: met one guy with a chimera and valkyrie today and no luck trying to defeat him either, 2 losses in a row, i subbed one of my fangs for a wolfen crossbowman with instinctive firing and harassment to try to find a use for it but i couldn't get a good shot atleast against this legendary. It doesn't help that 4 out of 5 of these legendary matches has been in the map with all the rocks and bushes in grass/dirt level (lanever i think?). Guess i really need to pull out my mages against one of those.

it is blasphemous indeed :-) You can play whatever it makes you happy of course but let me point you out why 4 wolven comp is not very good.

4 wolven is a suicide as vs legendaries you will miss probably an extra encirclement bonus but also extra "meat" and damage.

4 wolven means that one (or two) of your units are very expensive. Any decent player will aim for the PoB and it will wreck it...and bam you lost almost 50% of your AP army! I really do not like PoB (and mind you i really tried it!)

What i found to be a successful comp with the PoB is the following comp (note: i used this comp only vs wolven and lion NEVER vs ram as fear destroys it):

- PoB lvl 2 ruthless (but also elusive is nice)
- Lonewolf lvl 4 (ring of ice, regen, mortification)
- lonewolf lvl 2 (ring of the mist)
- 2x fang warrior (ruthless)

if i remember correctly it is 400 AP or 398 AP (too lazy to check sorry).

This build gives you very good support to your PoB making it a pain in the ass to deal with as people will be afraid to waste arrows / spells (ring of ice + mist) and 5 units which means you PoB will probably have more encriclement bonuses and will maybe parry a bit more - you win the more the PoB stays alive.

Useful links:
Previous

Return to Strategy Forum