It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:33 pm

Changelog beta 0.12.11

Let's talk about official announcements.
  • Author

p122ab0y

Re: Changelog beta 0.12.11

PostFri Apr 11, 2014 7:11 am

well just because 6 of top 10 are lion doesnt necessarily mean their lion composition is overpowered. Top 10 does not indicate they are the top 10 best players, it just simply means top 10 scores. Which means as long as you have a positive win/loss and you play a high volume of games then you can get a top 10 score. 3 of them currently have 2:1, 1:1, 1:1 win/loss ratios (rounding) which does not in anyway indicate they win an overwhelming number of times.

Also if you expand your view to top 20, you'd see that there are 3 ram players and 3 wolf players with a 4:1 win/loss ratio or better.

jedihowling

PostSat Apr 12, 2014 11:53 am

I hear ya pizzaboy but I find it too coincidental that the leadership board would change like this right after the nerf-patch on the legendaries.

You are correct in terms of the volume of games played and the win-loss ratio being very important factors in rankings. Taking this into account, if you check closely, you will not see a Wolfen faction that has played more that 30 games with a decent win-loss record. You will see some 25-28, 20-15 but nothing like the 30-5, 38-8, etc. which you see now on Lion factions mostly. As you mention the top 20 players, still 9 are actually Lion players which is almost 50% of the top 20 players. So using your perspective, nothing has really changed. I still see 6 top Lion players out of 10 or 20 or 100 players after the patch.

If you ask me, I dont really want to count those who play less than 35 games in a week (which is about 5 games per day) as I feel that these players either wont be around too long and are just trying out the game.

I hope I am wrong but I fear that Wolfen players may have lost their taste in playing because of the alleged imbalance. It is entirely possible that the few Wolfen factions with good win-loss ratios at the bottom of the leaderboard got stuck there because they are not playing as much as they did in the past or may have even completely stopped playing altogether. I certainly felt this way after the patch but because I like the game, I continued to play around with other Wolfen compositions.

I admit these may all be speculation from my end, only one thing can clear my doubts, that is if I see a very dominating Wolfen player like in the previous weeks before the patch.

You are now 49 wins and 3 defeats with you main faction, Lion. If you still feel that composition balance for the Wolfen faction was not negatively and drastically affected by this last patch, I dare you to be as dominating on Wolfen next week with this patch in place. If you or anyone else can do this, I will rest my case my friend :)

Dragon_Warrior

PostSat Apr 12, 2014 2:19 pm

I dont really want to count those who play less than 35 games in a week (which is about 5 games per day) as I feel that these players either wont be around too long and are just trying out the game.

lol...
ign: Draconnor, Cynwall player, 23 years in computer games, 14 years in battle games, 8 years in Confrontation Universe, 4 years of making own battle games.

jedihowling

PostSun Apr 13, 2014 7:47 am

..And 8 out of the top 10 now are Lion.

Dragon_Warrior

PostSun Apr 13, 2014 10:08 am

jedihowling wrote:..And 8 out of the top 10 now are Lion.

but next lion after 10'th is 23 :P

and still many of them are propably Chimera players counting on easy newbies charging them with all units at once (http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/331 ... EE1A1602D/) ... and another part (bigger) have 4-5 bowmans :P

so form 9 players we probably have 3-5 zerg bowmans and 2-4 Chimeras :P

both compositions can be defeated (at least by RAM) but it needs time, moderate luck and some patience ;)
ign: Draconnor, Cynwall player, 23 years in computer games, 14 years in battle games, 8 years in Confrontation Universe, 4 years of making own battle games.

jedihowling

PostMon Apr 14, 2014 5:33 am

That is exactly the point, Dragon_Warrior..

10 out of 23 is 43% of the entire 23. Most of them are bunched up at the top of the rankings, obviously you wont see them in the mid or bottom part of the list. Over-Powered.

Deep Blue

PostMon Apr 14, 2014 11:17 am

jedihowling wrote:That is exactly the point, Dragon_Warrior..

10 out of 23 is 43% of the entire 23. Most of them are bunched up at the top of the rankings, obviously you wont see them in the mid or bottom part of the list. Over-Powered.

lion has been always (in my opinion) the best faction since closed, which is why i found slightly hilarious people complaining few patches ago.

Other than that, there are different lion warbands used by high tier players which in a way is good.
Closed beta tester - Ram & Wolf player

Useful links:
AP army calculator (by Hod): http://dogsofwar.eu.pn/

Dragon_Warrior

PostMon Apr 14, 2014 11:29 am

Other than that, there are different lion warbands used by high tier players which in a way is good.

not exacly different only 2 types + bonus
Chimera, bowman zerg, and p122somethings ;)

but RAM have much more different bands that can be in top.

Deep Blue

PostMon Apr 14, 2014 11:40 am

Dragon_Warrior wrote:

not exacly different only 2 types + bonus
Chimera, bowman zerg, and p122somethings ;)

but RAM have much more different bands that can be in top.

lionx3 + swordsman x 5 (or 4?) + 1x archer +1x sparkling --> high tier lion player.
Closed beta tester - Ram & Wolf player

Useful links:
AP army calculator (by Hod): http://dogsofwar.eu.pn/

Dragon_Warrior

PostMon Apr 14, 2014 12:08 pm

lionx3 + swordsman x 5 (or 4?) + 1x archer +1x sparkling --> high tier lion player.

im not sure if someone except p122 would take this chanelge... 4 swordsmans is to much crap even for me ;)
but 2 weeks ago i played with 3 sparklings so maybe... but to be honest same players would manage to get into top 10 with some Wolfens bands also :P
PreviousNext

Return to News