It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:33 pm

Undead version of mobility

A place where you can talk about your strategies
  • Author

Splagadou

Re: Undead version of mobility

PostMon Mar 17, 2014 7:04 pm

Ok thanks for all, I will try some new compos.

For Hod's Calculator, I'm already using it but in french. That saves a lot of time, truly :).

For the competition, as I sadly have a job that takes me a lot of time, the top 100 will be enough to catch some golds and buy new units with it. For now, it is not that hard to be around place 50-60. I'm sure being in the top 10 is much more difficult and hope that I could some day meet you there.

Once again, thanks for the help, I will come back (and back again) after some tests.

Deep Blue

PostMon Mar 17, 2014 10:29 pm

Splagadou wrote:Ok thanks for all, I will try some new compos.

For Hod's Calculator, I'm already using it but in french. That saves a lot of time, truly :).

For the competition, as I sadly have a job that takes me a lot of time, the top 100 will be enough to catch some golds and buy new units with it. For now, it is not that hard to be around place 50-60. I'm sure being in the top 10 is much more difficult and hope that I could some day meet you there.

Once again, thanks for the help, I will come back (and back again) after some tests.

Top 10 right now beside VERY few cases is more a matter of time available than skill. Being in the top 10 doesn't mean your are better than a guy in the top 100 beside few cases. I think it happened more than once that some people had more losses than wins , yet were on the top 10 :-)

right now since it is a beta im trying to test as many things as possible..often using some wacky comp just to try some skills and even then top 100 shouldn't be a problem ;-)
Closed beta tester - Ram & Wolf player

Useful links:
AP army calculator (by Hod): http://dogsofwar.eu.pn/

Splagadou

PostWed Mar 19, 2014 6:33 pm

Ok i tested a few combinations during my units levelling and for now it works quite good.

2 necro, 2 gargoyles, 2 archers and 1 warrior.

I had surprisingly no problem with a company with 2 PoB and a hunter. Surrounded and dismissed in no time. Even with 2 dead necros at the end.

The true challenge was against a lion team in 250 when levelling.

There was 1 mage, 2 archers and maybe another thing. I had 1 necro, the gargoyle, 1 archer and 2 warriors. VIP mission.

Defeat. The scheme in 250 could happen in 400 I think (even if it would be surprising to see lions with only archers but, who knows).

The strategy was to hardly rush as there was not much melee fighter but the mage is really powerful :) and the VIP healed much than what my wounded skeletons could do. Maybe with more puppets my necros could come close enough to make them explode but I'll think about the putrefaction or wave spell.

Deep Blue

PostWed Mar 19, 2014 9:06 pm

Splagadou wrote:Ok i tested a few combinations during my units levelling and for now it works quite good.

2 necro, 2 gargoyles, 2 archers and 1 warrior.

I had surprisingly no problem with a company with 2 PoB and a hunter. Surrounded and dismissed in no time. Even with 2 dead necros at the end.

The true challenge was against a lion team in 250 when levelling.

There was 1 mage, 2 archers and maybe another thing. I had 1 necro, the gargoyle, 1 archer and 2 warriors. VIP mission.

Defeat. The scheme in 250 could happen in 400 I think (even if it would be surprising to see lions with only archers but, who knows).

The strategy was to hardly rush as there was not much melee fighter but the mage is really powerful :) and the VIP healed much than what my wounded skeletons could do. Maybe with more puppets my necros could come close enough to make them explode but I'll think about the putrefaction or wave spell.

i think you did a mistake by rushing, i believe. I would have waited until my puppets would engage the two archers and then start moving the whole army. You had the advantage that you could turtle and send endless waves of units.

Useful links:

Splagadou

PostSat Mar 22, 2014 1:11 pm

No the rush was the only viable strategy I think as i one turn, my VIP got 15 hp left (no cover map, the one with a big statue in the middle).

So after a few more try (tries ?), I could say it is not always a good solution.

I have for now 3 defeats, but 2 were because of tiredness (even against good players, I had necros, they had lions not fully upgraded), one victory should have been a draw or maybe a defeat as I was popped on a KotH map (even not asking for it) against a Golem.

The defeats were for the follonwing reasons :

- morbid explosion has only a range of 4, which is in fact really short against, for example, a HB Worg :).

- I do nothing against Golem in a map where you score 500 points in 3 rounds. I need so much more time to pop the puppets, make them explod, flee, recast.

- KotL could be much more efficient as I thought, my mistake :). Maybe a Skull Warrior could have teach him more respect for the deads but he was on holidays, that happens.

As for now the army calculator was overcharged, I can't check fast but here is a compo that could be more efficient :

- 1 necro lvl 4 - Morbid / Regen / Wave = 101
- 1 Skull Warrior lvl 3 - HB / Taunt = 137
- 1 Gargoyle lvl 3 - Elusive / Sneak = 64
- 2 Archers lvl 2 - Ferocious = 80

382 ap. You could add the poursuit movement on SW for 8 more and give the gargoyle HB instead of elusive for +9 which gives a 399 ap company.

I am not used to play without a lot of puppets so I don't know if it is a good idea, but I think I'll try something like this. 2 necros lvl 3 could waste their mana with morbid as it can't be cast as often as it should.

The problem is that I see the SW as nothing but an evolved body guard for the necro. Does someone play it often and could tell me if it could beat hard Wolfen or Lions ?

EDIT : maybe take double shot for the archer but it gives them 1 PRE (9-8) ? What can they hit with that ?

Deep Blue

PostSat Mar 22, 2014 3:03 pm

double shot is terrible with archers especially if you have no possibilities to increase their ACC.

also, careful with recovery + wave...i think it has 85% with that which is very risky as it can fizzle in the moment you need the most (and you usually you always need it ). I also think it works better in a swarm strategy rather than with few units. I would really go for something else.

Useful links:

Splagadou

PostWed Apr 02, 2014 1:50 pm

Ok, new compo :)

Some facts I understood for the moment :

- necros are really frail. They have a master power with the puppet invocation but one wounded lion archer can shoot them without too much difficulty. Morbid explosion has a range of 4, which means = die on the battlefield as everyone can charge you. In the most common cases :). I won some battles against a KotL and an archer with one dying necro, but indeed.

- Gargoyles, like any other assault unit, is really tough to play good with. I like them a lot but they shouldn't be in a company with too few followers.

- Skull warrior is great, and much more with hard-boiled. In fact I crush beginners fast only with him.

My first compo with 2 necros works well but I wanted something else to change.

So I have 2 new compos to test :

399 Company
- 1 Skull Warrior - lvl3 - HB / Taunt = 137 AP
- 1 Black Paladin - lvl 4 - Occult / Loyal / Exhausting = 106 AP
- 1 Necromancer - lvl 3 - Respite / Mastery = 76 AP
- 2 Skeleton Archer - lvl 2 - Ferocious = 80 AP

398 Company
- 1 Black Paladin - lvl 4 - Occult / Exalted / Exhausting = 108 AP
- 1 Gargoyle - lvl 3 - HB / Sneak = 73 AP

399 Company : Necro to heal. BP with loyal only for the AP cost as it's useless, has to counter the caster on the other company, works with archers against legendaries (if i can find the faith needed). SW to damage all the others.

398 Company : No heal, the gargoyle is here to shoot the archers/mages/VIP. BP can take more damages without missing the cast.

I prefer the first even if I miss the martyr skeletons in both.

For now, on 250 as I train the SW (with one necro with morbid and an archer) it works. The archer miss quite all his shots, I will offer his soul to some dark god someday.

Deep Blue

PostThu Apr 03, 2014 4:31 pm

Splagadou wrote:Ok, new compo :)

Some facts I understood for the moment :

- necros are really frail. They have a master power with the puppet invocation but one wounded lion archer can shoot them without too much difficulty. Morbid explosion has a range of 4, which means = die on the battlefield as everyone can charge you. In the most common cases :). I won some battles against a KotL and an archer with one dying necro, but indeed.

- Gargoyles, like any other assault unit, is really tough to play good with. I like them a lot but they shouldn't be in a company with too few followers.

- Skull warrior is great, and much more with hard-boiled. In fact I crush beginners fast only with him.

My first compo with 2 necros works well but I wanted something else to change.

399 Company

398 Company

399 Company : Necro to heal. BP with loyal only for the AP cost as it's useless, has to counter the caster on the other company, works with archers against legendaries (if i can find the faith needed). SW to damage all the others.

398 Company : No heal, the gargoyle is here to shoot the archers/mages/VIP. BP can take more damages without missing the cast.

I prefer the first even if I miss the martyr skeletons in both.

For now, on 250 as I train the SW (with one necro with morbid and an archer) it works. The archer miss quite all his shots, I will offer his soul to some dark god someday.

if i've to choose i would say the second one but there are some tweaks i would suggest.

- paladin with e-touch is strong but vs the golem (where you need it the most) won't be easy to obtain 2 faith as often there will be only the golem in range - assuming your opponent isn't silly of course. 1 skeleton with martyr maybe? also is priceless to apply e-touch as fast as possible, instead of waiting 1 turn for the faith and possibly have a dead pala.

-archers with ferocious: i dont know if i mentioned before but USE sideboard tactics. My undead comp so far changes vs every faction. In this case, use them vs undead to be safe vs the golem but vs wolven or lion go for fierce. (so in total you should have 4 archers which you rotate depending on the enemy). Fierce on archers especially vs wolven is really amazing.

- skull warrior : consider scourge:living especially vs wolf or lion. A flat +3 damage which is often a +6 from scourge: cowards is insane. Skull is right now the only elite worth levelling to 4-5. I approve the choice of taunt...counterstrike is powerful but too easy to play around. I've to admit that testing skull warrior was one of the most pleasant surprises (currently my list has 6 victories and 0 losses...unfortunately i do not have enough time to play more :( )

-

Useful links:

Almanro

PostThu Apr 03, 2014 9:56 pm

Splagadou wrote:Ok, new compo :)

399 Company

398 Company

As Deep Blue already said, Skull Warrior may be worth to lvl it to 4 and get Scourge: Living and it may be very useful to have different companies depending on the enemy you're going to face: in general, the Skull Warrior is very strong against Wolfen/Lions (thanks to the Fear and Scourge/Cowards bonuses) while it is not so effective against other Acheron armies. So a Skull Warrior lvl4 + Black Paladin lvl4 with Somatic + 2 Skeleton Archers with Fierce against Lion/Wolfen may be a good group, while 2 Black Paladin lvl4 (one with Exhausting) + Skeleton Warrior HB/Martyr + various if playing against Ram - e.g. I usually have a second Necro lvl4 with Putrefaction, since the Exhausting Touch against the Golem may be passed around to the other units or dispelled killing the pala - the combo Exausting+Putrefaction usually makes the enemy give up the match if he's playing the Golem ;) ).
Previous

Return to Strategy Forum