It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:20 pm

Nuker Priest

A place where you can talk about your strategies
  • Author

IConquer

Nuker Priest

PostSun Mar 02, 2014 6:24 am

Priest - level 5
take Inversion, Exalted, Spiritual aggression, and Conscience.

3x Skeleton Warrior - level 3
take hard boiled and martyr

2x necromancer - level 3
take Respite of the Dead and Mastery of the Arcana

Essentially, the skeleton warriors are both mid-line tanks and faith batteries. Each one spends their activation going into a defensive vantage point and giving the priest 2 faith. 3 of them using martyr causes the priest to have its maximal 6 faith, which is enough to cast spiritual aggression twice in a round. The necromancers heal the skeleton warriors and create additional barriers composed of skeletons. The spiritual aggression spell has a power of 19, which is enough to two-shot anything with 9 TOU (I think. this build is theoretical. in any case, it does tons of damage, and is assuredly at least 20 damage against an 8 TOU target, meaning the priest will almost always be blowing something up on his turn, from the other side of a wall 6 tiles away.)

Just something I've been cooking up. My main problem with levelling this build is that the priest will be almost completely useless until I can make him hit level 5. Any thoughts or possible improvements?

Almanro

Re: Nuker Priest

PostSun Mar 02, 2014 8:05 am

Nice build, I was thinking me too something similar.

To lvl up the priest, you have however to use another build, since you can't do any damage before it hits lvl4 (at least). Try to use it in tandem with 2 Black Paladins lvl3-4, 2 Skeleton Warriors Martyrs and a Necro lvl2, it works pretty well.

PS: at lvl5 a nice alternative would be to take Enlighted with the Priest instead of Conscience: it will get +3 damage per spell, one-shooting an enemy unit with 12 TOU or less per turn. Moreover in this way with the remaining APs you can also upgrade both Necros to lvl4 giving them Putrefaction (exactly 400AP), that would make the Priest even more lethal (it would kill any unit with an original TOU of 14 or less (or 11 plus Hard-boiled) in two shots! In this way it will hit not only as hard as a Flesh Golem but also twice per turn!) ;)
Last edited by Almanro on Sun Mar 02, 2014 8:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

IConquer

PostSun Mar 02, 2014 8:15 am

Almanro wrote:Nice build, I was thinking me too something similar.

To lvl up the priest, you have however to use another build, since you can't do any damage before it hits lvl4 (at least). Try to use it in tandem with 2 Black Paladins lvl3-4, 2 Skeleton Warriors Martyrs and a Necro lvl2, it works pretty well.

PS: at lvl5 a nice alternative would be to take Enlighted with the Priest instead of Conscience: it will get +3 damage per spell, one-shooting an enemy unit with 12 TOU or less per turn. Moreover in this way with the remaining APs you can also upgrade both Necros to lvl4 giving them Putrefaction (exactly 400AP), that would make the Priest even more lethal (it would kill any unit with an original TOU of 14 or less (or 11 plus Hard-boiled) in two shots! Harder as a Flesh Golem but twice per turn!) ;)

well the reasoning behind conscience is that in the current meta, everything that matters is either a wizard who will nuke you or an archer who will shoot you. exposing the priest to hit something means also letting your enemy hit your priest.

At least that's the reasoning. I wish there was an easy way to test out both sides of the idea.

Almanro

PostSun Mar 02, 2014 8:17 am

I hope they'll implement the "reset abilities" item already in the next patch, it would give so many more possibilities to the players than the current system... (and with "reset abilities" I obviously don't mean "reset exps" also!)

At the moment, many new players are discouraged by playing more also because they chose a wrong ability when they started and they got screwed (e.g. their army got too many APs, or they select an ability useless in the composition they want to create as soon as they made a bit more experience with the game and they didn't want to start it over again...)

Hod

PostSun Mar 02, 2014 9:09 am

If you have Cyans You could just buy a Priest at the level you want. This is a big reason why the FPS model they have is set up the way it is. If you want build specific set up like that, you pay... or grind.
Hod's CoolMiniOrNot Gallery

Useful links:
Mirror 1 AP army calculator (by Hod): http://www.dogsofwar.co.nf/
Mirror 2 AP army calculator (by Hod): http://www.dogsofwar.eu.pn/

Almanro

PostSun Mar 02, 2014 2:09 pm

The points is not to buy or not a lvled up priest, it is more to not have to re-buy it after a match since you noticed you messed up with its abilities! The possibility to buy for real money a lvled up unit is ok, but the idea you get of having completely wasted your money if you give him the wrong abilities is a deterrent to do it (and to continue play the game in general!)

Hod

PostSun Mar 02, 2014 2:32 pm

I have a feeling that an item is in the works to reset abilities. There has been so much demand for it and the devs have said they have talked about it a lot as well, so I wouldn't be surprised to see it soon.
Hod's CoolMiniOrNot Gallery

Useful links:
Mirror 1 AP army calculator (by Hod): http://www.dogsofwar.co.nf/
Mirror 2 AP army calculator (by Hod): http://www.dogsofwar.eu.pn/

Hemata

PostFri Mar 14, 2014 4:59 am

Just got my level 5 priest. Been running with 2 Warriors(Martyr and Hard-Boiled) a Skeleton Archer(for long range) and one of my Black Pallies(Build didn't matter though you'll want loyal, both Transfer and Exhausting Touch have done very well though I suggest the Transfer one so your skellies can do well.)

Step 1. Find a place to hide. If you can get your Priest out of sight from the enemies you'll do well.

Step 2. Defensive formation. There are a lot of units out there capable of mauling that poor priest, and if your enemy sees that chance they WILL go for it. Set up your units in such a way to block access to the priest(Yes this includes the archer, it's expendable by comparison.)

Step 3. Check enemy distance, are they within range of your priest's nuka-licious spell? If yes, continue to step 4. If not, skip to step 6.

Step 4. Check your priest's faith. Do you have enough for a single casting? Do you have enough for two castings? Use your Skeleton Martyrs to raise those faith points up as much as possible.

Step 5. FIRE. If you have a single blast ready, then you'll heavily damage whatever it is you're blinking in the general direction of. If you have two blasts then you're either decimating a big unit to almost nothing or you've just killed whatever unit irked your priest the wrong way in a flash of unholy lightning

Step 6. Fight off the enemy that gets into melee by using your paladin and skellies. If you've got exhausting touch then you can probably turn something big(or something that's about to maul that poor priest) into a waste of space. If you have Somatic Transfer then try and get that up on your skellies so they too can kick ass like the big units. Move them as necessary but if they've got fast units(IE: Assault units or almost everything in the wolfen army) then make sure nothing can attack that priest.

Step 7. Rinse, wash, repeat until all targets are dead.

Step 8. Find a dust-bin.

Tis pretty much summed up my experience.

Deep Blue

PostFri Mar 14, 2014 9:16 am

as i wrote in another post displaying a similar tactic....3 skeleton warriors with martyr are enough to have all the faith you need. If you play with the paladin you NEED exalted not loyal if you have the 3 skeletons. Failing a somatic transfer/e-touch or occult erosion is terrible and can lead you to lose games. I know it might happen maybe once every 3 games...but damn if it makes you angry :D I rather play safe than provide a mere +1 faith to ONLY to the priest when an extra skel warrior can provide twice as much + help the paladin skills as well.
Closed beta tester - Ram & Wolf player

Useful links:
AP army calculator (by Hod): http://dogsofwar.eu.pn/

Dragon_Warrior

PostFri Mar 14, 2014 9:26 am

as i wrote in another post displaying a similar tactic....3 skeleton warriors with martyr are enough to have all the faith you need.

skeleton with HB is so much >>> Devoting Sparkling currently
ign: Draconnor, Cynwall player, 23 years in computer games, 14 years in battle games, 8 years in Confrontation Universe, 4 years of making own battle games.
Next

Return to Strategy Forum