It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:50 pm

Wolfen tips for beginners

A place where you can talk about your strategies
  • Author

SteFka

Re: Wolfen tips for beginners

PostTue Feb 25, 2014 1:53 pm

Dragon_Warrior wrote:srsly its your signature ?

You dont like it? :P

Dragon_Warrior

PostTue Feb 25, 2014 2:47 pm

Looks like a good reason for warn/ban. So be nice and change it for something resonable.
ign: Draconnor, Cynwall player, 23 years in computer games, 14 years in battle games, 8 years in Confrontation Universe, 4 years of making own battle games.

Jolly Roger

Site Admin

PostTue Feb 25, 2014 4:25 pm

Hi,
Yes your signature is a little too big. :p
I changed the parameters for the next signatures, it won't exceed 150px now. @SteFka, could you please change your signature?
Dogs of War Online - Communication Manager - Community Manager

SteFka

PostTue Feb 25, 2014 11:28 pm

Jolly Roger wrote:Hi,
Yes your signature is a little too big. :p
I changed the parameters for the next signatures, it won't exceed 150px now. @SteFka, could you please change your signature?

Yup, saw it late and I'm sorry for the inconvinience but I had no idea that this was written in the rules.

Jolly Roger

Site Admin

PostWed Feb 26, 2014 10:19 am

No problem :)
Dogs of War Online - Communication Manager - Community Manager

GardenOfSun

PostMon Mar 24, 2014 8:26 pm

Can someone give me a rundown of the currently most popular Wolf builds for 400 AP?

In preparation for unlocking it I'm trying to design some alternatives, but I'd like to see what's currently considered "tried and tested".

For the moment I'm considering these possible layouts:

- GG lvl 3 (taunt) + 3 bowmen (1 harass, 2 ferocious) + hunter

- Lone Wolf lvl5 (ring of ice and internal rage) + Guardian of Runes lvl 4 (Ylia's love and Mortal Insolence) + 3 bowmen (1 harass, 2 ferocious)

and, for the distant future in which I'll actually be able to afford a Worg:

- Worg lvl 5/4 + 2 Fangs (with Worg lvl 5 and Howl)/2 bowmen (with Worg lvl 4)

Thoughts? :oops:

Deep Blue

PostMon Mar 24, 2014 8:39 pm

I managed to play vs more or less all top 10 players (last week) that were using wolven and all had one unit in common:

worg lvl 3.

Now, this is not a compulsory unit to have but for sure it makes your life easier in many matches.

Focusing on your builds.

3x cross + 1xgg + 1xhunter = i like it. I think it has potential to be annoying and possibly win vs the golem which nowadays is a very important factor. Kudos especially for taking taunt as the hunter really needs to be supported by it. My favorite of the builds you posted. Ruthless or scourge:undead is a big dilemma. the ideal would be to have 2 GG and swapping them depending on your opponent.

3x cross + 1x lone + 1x rune = i dont like it. It doesn't offer enough protection to the other 2 crossbowmen. Ylia's love is also a bit meh. I believe that in a comp that relies a lot on crossbowmen faith might be an issue as they will be usually scattered around.

worg comp = with lvl 3 you can have 3 fangs...much better than 2 :-)
Closed beta tester - Ram & Wolf player

Useful links:
AP army calculator (by Hod): http://dogsofwar.eu.pn/

GardenOfSun

PostMon Mar 24, 2014 10:40 pm

Thanks for the tips sir, much appreciated! ^_^

As for the second comp, the idea behind it would be to have a "line" of archers outfiring the enemy and, when the enemy melee are close, pop Mortal Insolence on top of a previously cast Ylia's Love and charge on with an invulnerable Guardian (maybe supported by the Lone Wolf). The Guardian would also pop Ylia's Wrath on the harass Cross, while the Lone Wolf would pop ring of ice against ranged comps and internal rage against magic users. But aye, it's mostly theorycrafting, I'm still too new to the game. ^_^

Also I do now realise that a tiny part of the idea relies on the impression that Ylia's Love and Mortal Insolence comboed together (basically making Ylia's Love unexpirable in the turn you use Mortal Insolence, since the Guardian should "ignore" the injuries). Am I correct in this assumption?

GardenOfSun

PostMon Mar 24, 2014 11:05 pm

Also (another newb question inc), wouldn't those Worg guys be in trouble if they meet a Golem? I came up with the Worg + 2 cross precisely in the case I start meeting a lot of those.

Almanro

PostTue Mar 25, 2014 3:00 am

Worg vs Golem = dead Worg at 100% of the cases (also if lvl4-5!)
Using two Cross may be indeed useful against the Golem (maybe a bit too slow), but I'm having problems to imagine their efficiency against other companies since the Worg will remain your only melee unit and his veeeery easy to hurt/kill. I'll try this composition this weekend and I'll tell you if it may work or not! ;)

At the moment I'm trying to use the Worg with his offensive build (I'll try the defensive one when the dev will finally implement a way to reset the abilities), so Worg lvl 4 ability to add an additional pursue can allow you to kill 3 enemy units per turn so it is very useful (also usually is very difficult for him to survive more than a couple of turns when he's near the enemy units, so 1-2 additional kills can turn the game around)

The lvl3 Worg + 3 Fang lvl1 is not a very difficult comp to defeat (if you're Lion or Ram, against other Wolfen that are mainly melee is very effective), just focus everything on the Worg and it will go down fast, then pass to kill the Fangs. In fact, all the top 10 Wolfen players last week had more or less the same number of won/lost matches, not like the Acheron ones which had a ratio of like 20/1...

PS: avoid the PoB, at the moment he's overpriced for what he can do
PreviousNext

Return to Strategy Forum