It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:07 pm

Why this game didn't take off like a rocket

Chat with other players about your DoWO experience!
  • Author

Astralwyrm

Re: Why this game didn't take off like a rocket

PostWed Nov 19, 2014 5:46 am

One thing i've noticed recently because my PC has been having some issues with heat is that Dogs of War runs considerably hotter than say Pokemon TCGO or Hearthstone. I'm not sure if there are some issues with my pc or not (it's not exactly the newest pc anyway) but Dogs of War seems to really work my pc hard no matter what resolution settings i set, windowed/fullscreen etc. As soon as i load up a battle it will slowly get hotter and hotter until it overheats. I think something is busted in my pc as the game was working fine some time ago but either way i can still play the other two mentioned F2P games without my PC struggling even slightly and i think that is a fairly big issue.

I'm wondering if the game is just more work for my pc because of the graphics or if the game is just badly optimized. I've also read something about an issue with heat with the engine Cyanide has been using for their games that has been ignored thus far. Something about blood bowl's engine (which this game is using) trying to max out the GPU all of the time. I can't play until i fix this issue with my pc or i find someway to reduce the heat Dogs of War makes my GPU output.

phil413ican

PostWed Nov 19, 2014 10:32 pm

I had a similar issue with my laptop and Dogs of War... then it started being other games and programs too. I switched out my fan yesterday and that seems to have solved the problem for me. The game still takes a lot of resources...

Try replacing your fan and see if that helps you. Best of luck!

Dragon_Warrior

PostThu Nov 20, 2014 12:57 pm

for me updating drivers was enough - back in january when i had this issue ;)
ign: Draconnor, Cynwall player, 23 years in computer games, 14 years in battle games, 8 years in Confrontation Universe, 4 years of making own battle games.
Previous

Return to General Forum