It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:10 am

Helping the newbies.

Chat with other players about your DoWO experience!
  • Author

Astralwyrm

Re: Helping the newbies.

PostTue Nov 04, 2014 7:32 pm

I have them all cropped it's just alot of work writing out all of the attributes and skills to go with them since they are tool tipped. I want to write some extra advise on how to best use them as well when i'm done.

Astralwyrm

PostFri Nov 07, 2014 4:32 pm

This is what i've done so far, there is alot to write down partially because you can't copy and paste alot of whats in the game ^^';;.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =292970160

Parsifal

PostWed Nov 12, 2014 9:06 am

Excuse me, i want to know how the army points calculate. Can anybody help me?

Astralwyrm

PostWed Nov 12, 2014 10:47 am

You have 500 Army points to build an army with, your Champion costs 200 ap of that 500. So in confrontation mode atleast you have 300 ap to spend on additional troops who all have ap costs. Your not allowed to go over 500 ap so you have to build your army with that in mind, the more expensive troops you pick the less troops overall your going to be able to fit into your army. Some troops are worth their high ap costs some aren't and sometimes it depends on wether or not they work well with the champion your using.

Parsifal

PostThu Nov 13, 2014 2:12 pm

Tnx for the answer, but i wanted to know how ap calculate for each unit. For example, why do supports shooter's ap are 40 and swordsman are 29? Formula?

Astralwyrm

PostThu Nov 13, 2014 2:53 pm

I don't think anyone can answer that question. Maybe one of the devs could but i haven't seen one of them post anything for months. There might be a formula or they might judge ap costs on a case by case basis.

Dragon_Warrior

PostThu Nov 13, 2014 5:03 pm

Tnx for the answer, but i wanted to know how ap calculate for each unit. For example, why do supports shooter's ap are 40 and swordsman are 29? Formula?

Before the major patch in may it was confirmed that there is formula but each time slightly modified by a human... after the patch i think that most of unit prices are based on usefullnes more than calculator.

In skirmish game that i made - simple formula would be totally unbalanced because same skill works differently on different units depending on their role in a gameplay... and i belive that DoW works in similar way...
ign: Draconnor, Cynwall player, 23 years in computer games, 14 years in battle games, 8 years in Confrontation Universe, 4 years of making own battle games.
Previous

Return to General Forum