It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:03 am

Helping the newbies.

Chat with other players about your DoWO experience!
  • Author

Astralwyrm

Helping the newbies.

PostWed Oct 15, 2014 1:49 pm

I'm use to having to explain different aspects of the game to the newbies so i decided to write a guide on steam explaining confrontation mode. I'm not sure how many players bother to look through there but hopefully that will help a few players who i don't bump into. Would appreciate any comments or corrections to any mistakes i might have made.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =326960656

phil413ican

Re: Helping the newbies.

PostThu Oct 16, 2014 2:18 am

I just read over it. Looks pretty good. I would go ahead and add that you win by either collecting 7 elixirs first, or eliminating the other army. I would also add that you can get 3 elixirs from killing the enemy champion. Just to be thorough. ;)

Astralwyrm

PostThu Oct 16, 2014 8:33 am

Ahh thanks =) i'll add that in now.

edit: edited, i'm not totally sure i explained the 10th turn win condition correctly though. I'm thinking about typing some more too like each of the Champion's strengths, weaknesses and synergies with units.

Steco91

PostFri Oct 17, 2014 7:00 am

You can link chimeraelite's youtube channel. Its really helpfull. Helped me to understand what changed when the champions were added. Also, he already reviewd every champion. Anyway, really good job on the guide Astralwyrm; both thumbs up.

Astralwyrm

PostFri Oct 17, 2014 7:57 am

Much respect to Chimeraelite but his reviews were purely based on the stats of each champion, not on experience of using each one of them as far as i'm aware. I'm fairly certain he doesn't have access to every champion yet and he is still getting to grips with Lion and Ram armies. I threw a link into the guide and his latest video and thanks. =)

Astralwyrm

PostSun Oct 19, 2014 9:50 am

i typed another section entitled Tips for using orders. I wanted to write more on defensive stance but i can't think of what to type just now.

Astralwyrm

PostWed Oct 22, 2014 8:50 pm

I'm gonna put up all the champions/troop stats onto steam and maybe explain in detail some of them if i can. And people can look up the stats without logging into the game. Any suggestions?

chimeraelite

PostTue Nov 04, 2014 5:35 pm

Honestly, I might actually go back and redo those videos... Since then, I've gotten a LOT more experience in using them, even though I don't own them. I think the only one I don't have much experience in using right now is Arinius (le tanky man).
I'm gonna be uploading a bit of gameplay this week with the Flesh Golem, so that's some more experience on top of what I already have.

Hell, I might not even do an in-depth of them, I might just talk about whatever hero I'm using, in whatever battle it is. Only problem with that is it would be sporadic as hell considering how I record. Either way, it's just a thought.

Also, Astral, you're mostly true about my going off of the stats of the heroes, as at the time I hadn't touched any of them save for the wolfen. Since then, as I'm sure you know, I've played just about all of them. (Kain's vid is gonna go up in like two weeks because I want to use our game because of how much work the Black Paladins did.) I've got, necro, priest, gargoyles, and the pallys. So...monday after next.
Temper your aggression with strategy and you will be unstoppable. Fight with reckless abandon and you will be slaughtered.
Ign- Chimeraelite
Youtube Channel- Chimeraelite1
All criticisms are welcome. Just trying to start a dialogue on the game.

chimeraelite

PostTue Nov 04, 2014 5:38 pm

Also, in regards to looking at the stats of each unit without having to log into the game, you could just do what I do for my videos. Take a screenshot, crop as needed, then upload the picture to the guide.
Temper your aggression with strategy and you will be unstoppable. Fight with reckless abandon and you will be slaughtered.
Ign- Chimeraelite

chimeraelite

PostTue Nov 04, 2014 5:42 pm

Also, I might start posting a link to the guide in my vids, if you don't mind Astral.
Ign- Chimeraelite
Next

Return to General Forum