It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:31 pm

Bugs Galore. Add them here for the Devs

Chat with other players about your DoWO experience!
  • Author

phil413ican

Re: Bugs Galore. Add them here for the Devs

PostTue Oct 14, 2014 3:02 am

The Kain bug...

I just finished a game against him. I had just killed him...

He was possessed, so still on the field, and every attack after I got an additional 3 elixirs.

Astralwyrm

PostWed Oct 22, 2014 12:26 pm

I keep getting this when i try to log in(it is set to log in automatically). I'm not sure if the game is down or if it's something wrong with my client or what.

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/239 ... 2D014F1AD/

edit; i think i fixed it. i did try to update steam but it seems i needed to exit steam in order to update for whatever reason.

Astralwyrm

PostSat Oct 25, 2014 10:51 am

Mortal Insolence has a bug, it was a Emerok v Emerok battle, my opponent's Emerok had beaten down my Emerok's health and lost Ring of Mist at the end of his activation(i think mine still had it up). So my responce was to use Mortal Insolence, both me and my opponent witnessed the spell succeed in the animations and the green mortal insolence written on Emerok(i didn't think to check the logs sorry). When my Emerok moved from the left most square of the middle capture area in behemoth(his emerok was on the hexagon below) he was killed by an attack of opportunity. I don't recall seeing Killed Outright when it occurred either so i'm not really sure what happened.

The player(N41) i was playing against was saying that he thinks the Guardian of Equilibrium is more powerful than the stats describe him as. I told him it was probably toughness calculations and he replied that he or she thought that the Guardian of Equilibrium acted more like a strength 9 + Hymn of destiny damage 9 rather than 7 as it is described in the stats.

edit: So i decided to take Guardian of Equilibrium for a spin in training and there is definitely something wrong with his damage. I think i know what it is that is wrong though. I targeted the mages in two different medium training missions and both times they would do less damage to that mage than to nearby archers with higher toughness than them.

Scourge: Magician instead of dealing +3 damage to magicians and warrior-magicians deals +3 damage to every other class in the game.

For example Devotee of Yllia can only do 1 damage to a Knight in medium training where as GOE can do 5 to the same Knight. With Yllia's Wrath Devotee can do 4 so the 1 damage difference i think would fit the two strength difference between the two. That confirms again to me that Scourge: Magician is what is broken, that would explain Hymn of Destiny having a high damage amount as well. This is why Guardian of Equilibrium builds are outplaying all other armies in the game at the moment and why their AP cost in no way represents their actual power. I tested this in a multiplayer match as well and it fits.

edit: Also it seems like there is a bug with the mailing system where sometimes you can collect a reward twice. once when you first log in then if you log out and back in it appears again. After that I don't seem to be able to select disconnect because it has gone off the screen or something like that.

Oh and i worked out how that white bar shows up. Every time i hit alt and the button above tab it shows up and if you then hit that combination of buttons again it goes away.

Dragon_Warrior

PostTue Oct 28, 2014 7:54 pm

Scourge: Magician instead of dealing +3 damage to magicians and warrior-magicians deals +3 damage to every other class in the game.

it explains why i was always annoyed about chimera being immune to this scourge ;)
ign: Draconnor, Cynwall player, 23 years in computer games, 14 years in battle games, 8 years in Confrontation Universe, 4 years of making own battle games.

phil413ican

PostThu Dec 04, 2014 4:51 am

I decided to test the Guardian's Scourge of Magicians and it did in fact do less damage on the mage than on a lion. There is only 1 point less tough on the lion, but he got hit with 4 more points of damage than the mage.

So yes it appears that scourge effects everything BUT magicians which is part of what is making the Guardians of Equilibrium OP right now.

So with 3 GoE you are getting 9 extra points of damage each round.

I would like to see this fixed before deciding on any AP increase for them. I still think that may be the case, but it might be that other wolf units need an AP decrease...

I think one of the biggest problems with the game right now is that there are few competitive armies. So we have all these units, but most can not be used at their cost if you are trying to win. So you see the same army for most factions. If there was more diversity in what was competitive I think that leads to people staying with the game longer. Adding more factions would also help a great deal as well as more maps.

I have played all of the factions and prefer NOT to play wolven because a.) Too many other people already play them
b.) They only have one competitive build (Even if it is the best in the game at the moment)

I would love to be able to tinker with AP cost for units to see what would make the less desirable ones more cost effective. I think this would be the easiest way to make changes that would also have the most impact on a lot of balance issues.
Previous

Return to General Forum