It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:01 am

Bring out yer living dead! (Ram Army)

A place where you can talk about your strategies
  • Author

Astralwyrm

Bring out yer living dead! (Ram Army)

PostFri Sep 19, 2014 2:26 pm

It's been way too long that the Ram haven't had this sort of thread. This is the army i'm playing around with at the moment.

493 AP / 10 mercenaries.
Melmoth: Like Arinius most opponents won't want to fight him in melee combat but unlike Arinius he can attack twice through Sequence without Elixir and he always gets his counterattacks with or without parrying. Agony is very potent while Drink your blood won't play as much of an important role. Be careful though your opponent will want to take him out in one fell swoop.

x 2 Dark invokers: Powerful in their utility. Setup morbid puppets to encircle your enemy, Blow up morbid puppets or weakened skeletons to hurt multiple adjacent enemies. If your opponent tries to wall you then Morbid Explosion will make your opponent regret it.

Master of the Veil: Master of the Veil lets you abduct an enemy unit or close the gap between one of your units and your enemy or get one of your units out of engagement. It's pretty much impossible for the Master of the Veil to fail a cast due to it's high will, exalted and the low difficulty spells it casts. He is useful against the Lions who often play with powerful ranged units behind cover. He can cast through walls thanks to Concience. His usefulness however very much relies on you and your opponent's wits because he has very little offensive ability.

x 3 Imperturbable Bowman: Powerful ranged units, high accuracy, decent damage. They don't die that easily either.

x 3 Servile Skeletons: Cheap board presense, they can help you to take the capture area while the Dark Invokers setup their morbid puppets.

phil413ican

Re: Bring out yer living dead! (Ram Army)

PostFri Sep 19, 2014 4:50 pm

Not a bad army, but I think a Garg is more useful than the master of the veil... I think on paper the master looks great, but tends to be to situational. Unless you can get the enemy hero away from his group and in the middle of yours. A good player should keep you from ever being in range, or kill your master first.

My two cents. Since I haven't found a ram player who beats my ram army... ;)

Astralwyrm

PostFri Sep 19, 2014 5:09 pm

You might be right and i'll sit with it for a while before i make my verdict. But the Master of the Veil only needs 1 enemy within his faith zone to cast inversion and if the opponent wants elixir i have a good chance of getting that faith come turn 2. Gargoyle is probably the easy option and maybe i'll use him if i just can't work the Master in.

chimeraelite

PostMon Sep 22, 2014 2:43 am

Seems like a pretty solid army to me, and I'd like to try to take it on with one of my own. Just to throw in my own two cents. I would probably change out the master of the veil for a gargoyle or a few more skeletons. It might just have something to do with my typical rushdown playstyle, but I've never really been that partial to ranged units unless I was running a Lion army. Maybe I just need to experiment more and pull myself away from my prejudice against them due to me being mainly a Wolfen player.
Temper your aggression with strategy and you will be unstoppable. Fight with reckless abandon and you will be slaughtered.
Ign- Chimeraelite
Youtube Channel- Chimeraelite1
All criticisms are welcome. Just trying to start a dialogue on the game.

Astralwyrm

PostMon Sep 22, 2014 9:09 am

I threw him in mostly because of what i use against Ram, Archmage and Chimera. One thing that really sucks for Ram is Chimera and Archmage sitting behind their rock blasting everything to bits. Gargoyle really isn't enough to solve that issue where as once Master of the Veil has cast his spell then theres no going back for the opponent. Theres not really much chance of me coming against my own build i know but still... it's the only build i'm particularly worried about and GOE builds always suck no matter what you use. Maybe another couple Impurtabable Bowman could be better as well.

Edit: One thing you should never do is underestimate the power of Inversion and Bad Omen. Earlier today i totally destroyed 2 Gargoyle's ability to fight just by moving one into a 3-4 unit encirclement and Bad Omening the other. Meaning neither of them could manage good hit rates. They went down without being able to bite back and the Gargoyle only had to be inversed one hexagon lol.

Astralwyrm

PostWed Oct 22, 2014 7:11 am

Since Chimera posted a new video featuring my latest Melmoth build i'll post here what i was using. =)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QsNEuDd ... CT_XqzEKQA

9 mercenaries

Melmoth

x2 Tracking Gargoyle- Good synergy with Melmoth, if they take damage and aren't in imminant danger of being wiped out they can use Melmoth's Drink their Blood! more effectively than any other unit.
x1 Master of the Veil
x2 Imperturbable Bowman
x3 Servile Skeletons

Can't say exactly how much AP it is the game won't let me log on at the moment.

chimeraelite

PostThu Oct 23, 2014 3:54 pm

Yea....that game didn't go so good for me. ;_; My fault for switching off of my Chimera and going Wolfen. Probably would've lasted a hell of a lot longer. :?

Still, I'm starting the undead in-depth next week so here's to Melmoth being free!
Temper your aggression with strategy and you will be unstoppable. Fight with reckless abandon and you will be slaughtered.
Ign- Chimeraelite
Youtube Channel- Chimeraelite1
All criticisms are welcome. Just trying to start a dialogue on the game.

Astralwyrm

PostSat Oct 25, 2014 10:02 am

I'm trying this with Ram for awhile, i managed to beat a good wolfen opponent using Ryskar with it. It was a pretty close battle so i'm going to continue to test it out.

8 Mercenaries, 500 AP

Kerberos- He has alot of goodies his only weakness is that he can blow up in your face and other Ram armies. Fear Aura lets your units fear most unit you will come across besides those who are immune. Reign of Terror is one of those commands/orders that can help in just about any situation so long as you use it correctly.

x2 Dark Invokers- Vulnerable but they deter your opponent from killing Kerberos, as well as being pretty good offensive mages. 3 Dark Invokers is a bit overkill especially if an opponent like Ryskar is on the board.

x1 Master of the Veil- Defensive Mage, Dark Omen powerful units to make them fail. Inversion helps in all sorts of situations that you can imagine. Dark Soothsayer might be a better choice to bring more units in but Master of the Veil has significantly better defensive stats and concience. Really really need a Chimera + Archmage counter as they burn Kerberos to cinders in no time flat.

x1 Dark Vassal- Master of the Veil can use inversion on turn 1 thanks to loyal if necessary and martyr can help throw out Dark Omen. He is also a pretty good defensive unit being able to taunt and especially when he is armed with 21 fear from Kerberos' Fear Aura.

x1 Sadistic Bowman- Incapacitating shot and fierce, really the only reason i chose to include him.

x1 Skeleton Fury- Just because i had the AP left over.

x1 Servile Warrior- An extra body.
Last edited by Astralwyrm on Sat Nov 01, 2014 3:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Astralwyrm

PostSat Nov 01, 2014 3:48 pm

Another Kerberos army, this one works particularly well if you can keep the Henchman of Rot behind heavy cover. This build works really well in Acheron where there are narrow passageways and lots of walls.

9 mercenaries 495 AP

Kerberos

x 2 Henchman of Rot: These guys can Heal Kerberos, if they fail it could cost you the game but they have 90% chance to succeed, Kerberos has such high toughness so that 20 health a turn will make him incredibly difficult to bring down.

x 1 Master of the Veil: Dark Omen to suppress your opponent's units or champion, Inversion to move a unit.

Unbreakable Warrior: Tough skeleton, Martyr gives Master of the Veil turn 1 Inversion or Dark Omen whichever is more important to you.

Imperturbable bowman: High damage bowman to use up Offensive Stances on.

x 3 Servile Warriors: More bodies for your army.

stefano2015

Next

Return to Strategy Forum