It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:56 pm

Players going AFK and the turn is ending warning

• Author

Astralwyrm

Players going AFK and the turn is ending warning

PostMon Sep 01, 2014 1:57 pm

How about these changes to the current game.

1: Some sort of system to detect players who aren't at their keyboards during a game to speed up that game. Like Hearthstone has a system where if a player runs out of time without doing anything their next turn gives them less time to play that turn. That way the turns are sped up so the player who's playing against a afk player doesn't have to sit through the max time of the opponent's turns all the way to the end of the match. The player can't just quit these matches because they lose a point and the opponent who afked would gain a point for doing nothing.

2: Turn is ending warning increased from 5 seconds before your turn ends to 10 seconds before your turn ends, sometimes you lose track of time when your looking at units and when theres only 5 seconds left theres not alot you can do or you can very easily go over the time because of a miss-click or some other reason.

Astralwyrm

Re: Players going AFK and the turn is ending warning

PostWed Sep 03, 2014 11:17 am

You see i keep going up against this Ram player, 2 times so far on different days. Both times he spent the entire game AFK. I can kind of understand it the first time, the second time in a row becomes a bit suspicious to me. This guy has 10 losses against 1 win so i can't help but wonder how many of those were due to him being AFK the entire match.

Dragon_Warrior

PostWed Sep 03, 2014 11:34 am

Astralwyrm wrote:You see i keep going up against this Ram player, 2 times so far on different days. Both times he spent the entire game AFK. I can kind of understand it the first time, the second time in a row becomes a bit suspicious to me. This guy has 10 losses against 1 win so i can't help but wonder how many of those were due to him being AFK the entire match.

3x Gargoyle + Melmoth?

maybe its retarded version of farming bot ;)
ign: Draconnor, Cynwall player, 23 years in computer games, 14 years in battle games, 8 years in Confrontation Universe, 4 years of making own battle games.

Astralwyrm

PostWed Sep 03, 2014 11:36 am

3 x gargoyle, Melmoth and 4 tier 1 bowman yeah, both times have been on the lanevar map so far too.

Dragon_Warrior

PostWed Sep 03, 2014 11:54 am

worst thing is that if you risk fast attack Vs something like that - you always must expet that enemy will go ingame and win battle without a problem :P
ign: Draconnor, Cynwall player, 23 years in computer games, 14 years in battle games, 8 years in Confrontation Universe, 4 years of making own battle games.

Astralwyrm

PostWed Sep 03, 2014 2:24 pm

If players are going to do that sort of AFK farming for the measly ducats reward from losing then maybe the ducats reward should be changed. Like ducats being rewarded based on the number of movements your units take, the amount of damage they deal. Attacks totally mitigated etc. Up to a reasonable cap so you don't have an equally silly situation like two players making their game last as long as possible to capitalise ducats. It's pretty selfish to make an opponent have to sit through a boring game just to cheat the system.

chimeraelite

PostWed Sep 03, 2014 4:15 pm

I think getting money based on the amount you move and the damage you deal and take would be a good idea, but they'd have to make a different Ducat amount for every race due to the different play styles that each supports. If it was by movement, the wolfen would get the most money. If it was by damage taken, then the undead or the humans would get the most by a longshot due to how many troops they have. Literally everything would have to be tweaked and fine tuned for each individual army. I do wish that they would tell us what they use now to determine the amount of money we get. In a way, taking into account how many troops you have for the damage dealt and mitigated, taking into account which army you're playing when determining movement, and maybe taking into account the amount of time you take to finish. I just had a game, wolfen v. wolfen where it was literally down to 2 units each. The game ended with my Emerok and GG taking out his Emerok, and chasing down his fang warrior. That game was legit and took about 20 minutes, but I got the same number of ducats for that game that I got for a game where I (unfortunately) stomped a new lion player. I'm sure we both would have appreciated a payout for the amount of effort that went into that fight.
Temper your aggression with strategy and you will be unstoppable. Fight with reckless abandon and you will be slaughtered.
Ign- Chimeraelite
Youtube Channel- Chimeraelite1
All criticisms are welcome. Just trying to start a dialogue on the game.

Dragon_Warrior

PostWed Sep 03, 2014 8:45 pm

there should be simply counter of moves made with the units or activations or something...

if you passed/moved/atackte mode that 10 times totall - then you get normal reward - if not - you get 0

Astralwyrm

PostSat Oct 11, 2014 1:39 pm

Today i got this one guy a number of times running Melmoth again(different guy though) who would wait out the entire turn force me to sit through each units activation and then try to jump my Champion(Kelrys) when i wasn't expecting it. >.>

Return to Suggestions