It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:09 pm

Two new colors for your units

Let's talk about official announcements.
  • Author

Dr.Ido

Site Admin

Two new colors for your units

PostWed Aug 20, 2014 9:45 am

Hey,

We just added 2 new colors for your units in the shop. We also increased the pop rate of the Elixir orbs. We probably went to far when we reduced it in the latest patch. We'd like to have your feedback on this new frequency, and on the flow of the game as a whole. How much do you like it ?

phil413ican

Re: Two new colors for your units

PostWed Aug 20, 2014 9:34 pm

I was fine with the rate as it was for the orbs... as in the less orbs the better.

Astralwyrm

PostThu Aug 21, 2014 9:35 pm

Would you prefer they just remove it altogether?

Orbs haven't been a very good experience so far i know, but i think the game mode really relies on it. Right now they don't play a very tactical role because as much as it helps the losing side it also helps the winning side when they don't need it. Units used to take an orb are almost never in danger of dieing which once again takes away from the importance of the choice to take it. Without some form of orb presence theres very little advantage in splitting your forces up so we get these densely moving armies.

If the devs changed the orbs so that they aren't so random in position, that they can to a point be predicted and moves be made with them in mind. Units fighting over them more, so that taking an orb or attempting to kill a unit taking one can be a mistake. Then they could have a more positive impact. Rather than a feeling that the hand of the devs came down and awarded the win to you or the opponent. Like how every unit having KO chance frustrates, the complete random way orbs act frustrates.

phil413ican

PostThu Aug 21, 2014 10:43 pm

I agree, which is why I don't like the orbs or KO. Both tend to make the game less tactical and more random. Neither help in my opinion. Less to none at all is what I prefer. I'm ok with the combination of game modes (confrontation) that we have now as long as the victory conditions are balanced so that more strategy and diversity of army builds can be encouraged.

Astralwyrm

PostSun Aug 24, 2014 4:14 am

Like maybe the Devs could create an effect along the lines of when a unit picks up an elixir orb they get a parry and dodge malus. That unit is burdened with the elixir until the end of the turn, so they are less capable of evading attacks. That makes picking up a elixir more of a risky decision. Defensive Stance will be less effective with a malus from being burdened, attacking whilst being burdened increases the chances of taking damage and your weak units holding the orb will become even easier to shoot down.

Return to News