It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:24 pm

The great feedback thread

Let's talk about official announcements.
  • Author

Astralwyrm

Re: The great feedback thread

PostMon Jun 30, 2014 4:50 am

It's tricky, i want all this progression that your talking about Sul but at the same time we can't have a system where the new players are just stomped into the ground by long time players with superior progressed units. Progression of some sort would do alot to help the game though, so long as the game can keep players long enough to get them attached and wanting to collect things. We could also use things like being able to rename our companies, maybe something like avatars or some custom portraits for our faction (the portraits you see just before you and your opponent enter your match).

One thing i've noticed a few online games doing recently seems pretty straight forward to emulate in Dogs of war also (provided the game can get the players). Tournaments, one of the things about the leaderboard at the moment is you have to wait a significant amount of time before you get rewarded and even after all that it isn't really all that substancial for the amount of time it would take. If your going for the leaderboard rewards your doing it for the love of the game not so much for any cyans you'll get out of it. With tournaments though you can have an entry fee (aka Cyans) and you can set various different rules to those tournaments. Deathmatch, VIP, 200 ap, 400 ap, 800 ap, turn limits etc and give out some desireable rewards to those who do well. Adds some variety and gets players to play around with their compositions.

ShadeAvatar

PostMon Jun 30, 2014 9:22 pm

There is a bug I cant chose my Kerberos as a champion i'm getting this message: "1062, "Duplicate entry '85485-WAR_FleshGolem.unit' for key 'PRIMERY'"". Restarting game does not work - tried few times.

MhBlis

PostMon Jun 30, 2014 10:33 pm

From the bugs thread they suggested logging out and restarting the game, logging back in again. This fixed it for the other person. Something about the server and the client seeing different things.

MhBlis

PostMon Jun 30, 2014 10:36 pm

I have a request. Two actually

1.Could the Dev's please post about what they are looking at specifically for the next patch. This will allow us testers to play more games and test more variations around this to give you a better data set and feed back

2. When is the next patch set for?

Dragon_Warrior

PostMon Jun 30, 2014 10:50 pm

it would be nice if devs will make thread gathering confirmed bugs that no longer needs reporting :P
ign: Draconnor, Cynwall player, 23 years in computer games, 14 years in battle games, 8 years in Confrontation Universe, 4 years of making own battle games.

ShadeAvatar

PostMon Jun 30, 2014 10:55 pm

MhBlis wrote:From the bugs thread they suggested logging out and restarting the game, logging back in again. This fixed it for the other person. Something about the server and the client seeing different things.

That didn't worked for me either :( I can still chose only "free" champion

Bousk

Site Admin

PostTue Jul 01, 2014 12:43 am

ShadeAvatar wrote:There is a bug I cant chose my Kerberos as a champion i'm getting this message: "1062, "Duplicate entry '85485-WAR_FleshGolem.unit' for key 'PRIMERY'"". Restarting game does not work - tried few times.

Hi,

I fixed your account and Kerberos is actually your selected hero.
Do you have any information about how you got this issue ?
Dogs of War Online - Dev Team

ShadeAvatar

PostTue Jul 01, 2014 8:26 am

Thank you, I will let you know did this fix the problem when I will be back home.

Bousk wrote:Do you have any information about how you got this issue ?

It just happened. When I bought Kerberos everything was OK but than suddenly few days later I just couldn't select him. However I think it might be connected with the weekly change of free champion. Hope this will help.

EDIT: It worked, everything seems to be fine right now ;)

MhBlis

PostTue Jul 01, 2014 10:26 pm

- Fixed some situations where attack was disabled by immobilization

Really this is the only reason he actually survived more than a turn. It only affected units moving past. Units charging him had no issues.

I understand the reasoning but sadly of all the HtH he comes out at the bottom now. No survive ability mechanic and no damage output. Really only the Worg gives him a good run for his money.

Astralwyrm

PostSun Jul 06, 2014 7:01 am

What is the point of Head Shot? it has 2 penalties and no real advantage over Double Shot. Double Shot gains double from buffs and Assassin so again why would i ever use Head Shot in any situation? it's ACC malus is almost as harsh as Double Shot and is one less shot than Double Shot so by in large is worse for getting 1 hit as well.
PreviousNext

Return to News