It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:43 pm

The great feedback thread

Let's talk about official announcements.
  • Author

Dr.Ido

Site Admin

The great feedback thread

PostWed Jun 18, 2014 4:11 pm

Hey,

We changed many things in the last patch (0.13.00) and even though we tested a lot, we'll need your feedback to get everything as balanced as we want. So use this thread to post all your comments and feedback about the gameplay and the balancing. We might not answer everything, but we'll check very often and correct as quickly as we can.

Vahire

Re: The great feedback thread

PostWed Jun 18, 2014 6:30 pm

Remove instan kill,it's just stupid.I just won a lost a game by killing a hero with my archer thx to this.

Dragon_Warrior

PostWed Jun 18, 2014 6:52 pm

Did noone expected that any noob can make Chimera + 2-3 Pyromancers + tons of 16 points sparklings? in game that rewards:
having more units (7-10 sparks - checked)
having faster units (7-10 sparks - checked)
assasin companies (2x scourge + bombs - checked)

chooses that come with new patch are great but many of them seem totally untested...
ign: Draconnor, Cynwall player, 23 years in computer games, 14 years in battle games, 8 years in Confrontation Universe, 4 years of making own battle games.

Orochi

PostWed Jun 18, 2014 7:04 pm

I was Vahire's opponent, yes please remove instant kill, seeing your (almost) full health hero go down to one lucky arrow can be quite suprising. :cry:

I don't mind a critical hit that does a lot of damage every now and then but a remove from game effect can turn an almost certain victory into a quick defeat and an enjoyable game into something quite sour.

It was an otherwise good game Vahire :)

Deep Blue

PostWed Jun 18, 2014 7:14 pm

eheh as i predicted the first (very understandable) insta-kill criticisms just appeared! Other than being super loyal to confrontation mechanics I really do not see a point in that, other than make players angry! but enough talking, lets test! I mean...after you read that many players were against crits, why adding an even more game changing mechanic?
Closed beta tester - Ram & Wolf player

Useful links:
AP army calculator (by Hod): http://dogsofwar.eu.pn/

Vahire

PostWed Jun 18, 2014 7:40 pm

Too much critcals hit.I like the new gameplay but there is a really big balance issue.The chimera can kill almost any unit in 1 turn,the worg and golem seems to be on the same lvl or near (did not try them but just the stats and skills).

@Orochi : yep

Dragon_Warrior

PostWed Jun 18, 2014 8:04 pm

ok bunch of another opinions:

- Legandaries (60hp Heroes) should cost +100 ap
- Random factor is three times bigger than before... its bad... very bad (insta kills, far more frequent critics and powerfull countering combos and skills in almost any band when you are lost by enemy 'lucky' composition)
- Units affinities (profiles) should be marked somehow - ok you don't have time and funds to make them different models but when i face 10 sparklings or 10 skelletons ... or even 2-4 necros it would be nice to see with one are cheapest and with not... maybe color markers for Special/DPS/Tank or something other... but for now i need far too much time to check enemy units turn by turn.
- Random orbs ale terrible when they can spawn 3 times a row in opponent part of map.

Bugs:
-on King of the Hill Elixir condition - Morbid Pubbets don't count for controll but they trigger collor change - so you can have green controll zone and still enemy get point.
-Chosen of light (sparkling mage - WTF?) Blaze skill don't work as described... at least in training mission when i tested it - there were no penalties for enemies in range.

Feature questions/sugestions
Prices - unit pries between 50 and 250? when after refund i had 400.000 of ducats ?
everything is far to cheap
ign: Draconnor, Cynwall player, 23 years in computer games, 14 years in battle games, 8 years in Confrontation Universe, 4 years of making own battle games.

Deep Blue

PostWed Jun 18, 2014 8:26 pm

yes...critical hits are everywhere...plus in 1 match killed outright popped up 3 times and it had a big impact (1 killed outright on a full HP unit + another on a riposte of a unit which just popped offensive...). Everything became so unpredictable and this is NOT GOOD. Elixirs should NOT pop up on the first turn...

@DW: i'm sitting at more than 500k ducats... and 600 cyans :) also...the other heroes are very powerful too...the PoB hero even though makes a whopping 3 damage per hit to the golem it can basically ignore it (super disengage ability) and kill every other unit....so as a very first impression i can't say legendaries are OP.

Also.. seems i have issues at finding an opponent as the search stucks at "synchronizing" (others have the same issue apparently)

another bug that happened in the acheron map....for some reason after launching an attack vs the golem a rather funny teleporting sequence just started, showing the golem teleporting around (while still getting hit). At the end of the attack animation the golem was back to his original spot.
Closed beta tester - Ram & Wolf player

Useful links:
AP army calculator (by Hod): http://dogsofwar.eu.pn/

Dragon_Warrior

PostWed Jun 18, 2014 9:14 pm

btw - i once again remind that with current similar faction Strategist values - old unit balance wont work and once again swordsmans are far worst (cost efficient) than skeletons - epecialy when "DPS" swordsman deals damage equal to cheapest skelly.

Dragon_Warrior

PostWed Jun 18, 2014 9:36 pm

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/328 ... FAF3A686D/
you can see half of line saying - chimera is eliminated... by first and scattered shot...

while legendaries with their stats and 60 hp are far to cheap - chance for auto KO is really wrong - especialy Vs heroes...

additionaly i fell bad about half year of balancing thrown away for such big changes... they may be interesting but amount of new disproportions is overwhelming,
Next

Return to News