It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:05 pm

The great feedback thread

Let's talk about official announcements.
  • Author

Astralwyrm

Re: The great feedback thread

PostSun Jul 06, 2014 8:00 am

Using a Mercenary's Baptism on a champion is awkward when theres multiple examples of the game reminding you who the champion is. In their descriptions and in their Attribute and Skill descriptions.

Dragon_Warrior

PostSun Jul 06, 2014 10:11 pm

Astralwyrm wrote:Using a Mercenary's Baptism on a champion is awkward when theres multiple examples of the game reminding you who the champion is. In their descriptions and in their Attribute and Skill descriptions.

But still i prefere to name my Archer hero - Caelia, that was wife of Icquor Baron :P
ign: Draconnor, Cynwall player, 23 years in computer games, 14 years in battle games, 8 years in Confrontation Universe, 4 years of making own battle games.

Astralwyrm

PostSun Jul 06, 2014 10:42 pm

Dragon_Warrior wrote:
Astralwyrm wrote:Using a Mercenary's Baptism on a champion is awkward when theres multiple examples of the game reminding you who the champion is. In their descriptions and in their Attribute and Skill descriptions.

But still i prefere to name my Archer hero - Caelia, that was wife of Icquor Baron :P

Mmmmhmmm i sat and thought up a name for my wolfen champion. But it's a big turn off for the text to keep using the original name. Like if the attributes and skill descriptions didn't reference the original characters and maybe if the character backstory was editable after/when using a mercenary's baptism, i'd be much happier to use it on my champion.

Astralwyrm

PostTue Jul 08, 2014 5:46 am

Anyone else finding Internal Rage failing alot even with a full hp wolfen master of water? I took 3 shots at Arinius in my last game and not one of them was successful x.x Maybe i'm using it wrong and trying to get the most damage out of it is also making it harder to be cast successfully.

Dragon_Warrior

PostTue Jul 08, 2014 6:14 am

Anyone else finding Internal Rage failing alot even with a full hp wolfen master of water? I took 3 shots at Arinius in my last game and not one of them was successful x.x Maybe i'm using it wrong and trying to get the most damage out of it is also making it harder to be cast successfully.

as i see the diff is constant but quite hight - and i think that makin his diff equal to enemy will would be nice idea - currently the better enemy - the stronger the effect - without any drawbacks... making Dif=Will would make this spell more tactical ale propably less random.
ign: Draconnor, Cynwall player, 23 years in computer games, 14 years in battle games, 8 years in Confrontation Universe, 4 years of making own battle games.

Dr.Ido

Site Admin

PostWed Jul 09, 2014 9:53 am

Thanks for all those comments and feedback about the game. We're running a survey to help us rank the issue, it's here :
http://bit.ly/dowosurvey0714

ShadeAvatar

PostTue Jul 15, 2014 11:31 pm

Devs could you please tell us how the survey went and what's your future development plans? It's been a while since anybody (players as well the devs) post anything on this forum so I wanted to check how everything is going ;)

MhBlis

PostWed Jul 16, 2014 4:18 am

I and other have repeatedly asked for posts of this nature. We did get them when you first proposed to change to the confrontation mode and plenty of useful feedback was produced. they really help us in our testing since we understand what it is you intend and how you invision a match to play out.

Dr.Ido

Site Admin

PostThu Jul 17, 2014 10:06 am

Hey,

Sorry for the lack of feedback, it's mostly my fault. The results of the champions/confrontation patch are underwhelming, to say the least, and we've been trying to understand why and come up with ideas to solve the issues. It's not that easy and it has taken most of my time these last days.

The results from the survey are mixed. Beside some obvious balancing issues that we intend to fix quickly, it's difficult to find one big problem that everyone would be complaining about. Even the elixir orbs random pop is not universally hated, even though it's clearly what you like the least in the new mode.

I hope to have better news in the coming days

Astralwyrm

PostThu Jul 17, 2014 8:24 pm

I think worrying too much about the game mode could just have you running around in circles and not making any definite progress. Squash the bugs, the translation issues and shrink the gap on unit/champion/faction power. Some new maps would be nice the 3 terrains we have are getting old. There are problems with the way the game runs outside of the game modes i think. Building a group is fast but saving up for a champion is really slow ducats or cyans. Cyans have become harder to obtain too. I know buying cyans means profit but if players feel progression grinds to a halt they lose interest more easily and that will cost the game wether they buy cyans or not.

A large collectable like aspect thats hard for the players to finish for example could add another layer of progression. That could add some variable playstyles even with the same units perhaps. Maybe think about trying to split or cater to competitive and casual play, some don't like the constant pressure for them to win i think. Co-op would be one way and/or bring in tournaments, quests, login bonuses like free to play TCG's do at the moment. Whatever you do though don't do what duels of champions does and blackmail consumers to login everyday or else lose the built up login bonuses. I hate that so much.
PreviousNext

Return to News