It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:19 am

The great feedback thread

Let's talk about official announcements.
  • Author

MhBlis

Re: The great feedback thread

PostFri Jun 27, 2014 9:39 pm

The problem here is the Devs have said price, both AP and Ducat, should not be a measure of power. If this is to hold true then we will need to make adjustments to the units that aren't true to the original rules. The Chimera is going to be hit the hardest with such an adjustment.

Altering price to match power seems the easiest way but it does have the potential to create a pay to win scenario. I don't think we should be too concerned by giving that impression but rather focused on making sure that it isn't.

Dragon_Warrior

PostFri Jun 27, 2014 10:51 pm

excpt Chimera i have almost reversed impression in case of regular units - Mostly 1'st tier is usefull while higher ones looks weaker mostly. Especialy 3'rd one in 50% cases seems really weak for their price (Gargoyle, Paladin, Lion are weakest ones... while mage and necro are glassy as hell being able to cast spells once per 2 turns + T3 skelly archer have double shoot with Acc 8 that looks as anti-combo)
ign: Draconnor, Cynwall player, 23 years in computer games, 14 years in battle games, 8 years in Confrontation Universe, 4 years of making own battle games.

Vahire

PostFri Jun 27, 2014 11:51 pm

The tier 3 pala is really strong.The necro is good aswell considering the amount of damage he can deal (even if it's every 2 turns).But yeah the tier 3 skell archer is real joke.

MhBlis

PostSat Jun 28, 2014 1:44 am

That's the problem, Every other turn is actually half as much damage since there are equivalent units that can deal damage every turn. Reliable damage every turn beats out huge damage every other turn every time. This is a strategy game, I want to be able to plan my damage not get beat because I couldn't make use of a unit for a turn.

I'll admit to believing we are too early in the process to comment on many of the units since we haven't had time to test all the strategies and combinations yet so they may have their place but some units have glaring problems.

I've yet to see.
1. Wolven Harpoon
2. Tier 3 sparkling
3. Tier 3 Lion Swordsmen
4. Any of the Lonewolf units
5. Seen one army use any of the Lion Mage. Why would you when the Chimera does the same thing but better.

Can't comment on the undead since I've only had two games against them both using Skullwarrior swarm.

I've seen no Lion army where the Chimera wouldn't have been a better Hero choice for the same units. I've yet to see a game where Chimera wasn't a dictating factor, either in opponents list building stage or during the play. The impact that one unit has is too large currently.

The Worg I just don't know where to begin with this unit. I actually can't decide what direction to take his balance in without having him just be a copy of another hero. I'm of the belief each Hero should bring new options to the table. Worg brings no new play options to the table and he has very little impact on the game itself.

My suggestion focus on Hero balance and then tweak the units since the Hero's for the most part dictate unit choice and our available strategies.

Astralwyrm

PostSat Jun 28, 2014 2:42 am

The Wolfen Harpooner... he's not good enough. The damage isn't enough to outweigh the low acc and the penalty of having to stay in place to use Aim. Maybe if the Harpooner had an ability that prevented scattering he could stand behind a wall of wolfen and that might give him a niche. But right now he's a burden compared to the other two crossbowman.

I've played around with all the lonewolves and the 1st tier is probably the most reliable. Mortification isn't reliable but he can throw out a ring of mist or ice for each mana he has on any turn. So he can throw out 4 rings of ice on the same turn if he has the mana. The other two don't seem all that spectacular, but i'm not sure i would say either of them are weak or too weak to be useful.

What might be cool and possibly get Guardian of the Equilibrium some more use as well as the more expensive lonewolves is if he had an inverted form of Loyal. All Allied mages within his Faith zone gain +1 mana at the beginning of the turn.

Astralwyrm

PostSat Jun 28, 2014 4:27 am

Combat Instinct doesn't seem to get calculated in the percentages, so sometimes you can have very little certainty of exactly how accurately a unit can hit a target or a target can hit him. Back to what i was saying about ring of ice and lets include mortal insolence etc. Maybe there should be a second percentage, that being the chance to negate. either that or somehow calculate all these effects into one single chance to hit. One of the last games i had an opponent repeatedly tried to attack my RWotW while he had Mortal Insolence up. I'm sure if that player had seen he had 0% chance to hit he would have known better.

MhBlis

PostSat Jun 28, 2014 5:20 am

Really with buffs like ring of Ice there is nothing stopping you checking buff and debuff of a unit before you attack it. Just depending on the % is not going to work. This is how it is any mini game. It is your responsibility to check for them.

I won't be against making it clearer what units are affected by Auras, buffs, debuffs and command through cleared animations but really it is still your own responsibility.

In your case it sounds very much like a new player that could benefit from a warning.

Dragon_Warrior

PostSat Jun 28, 2014 8:21 am

The tier 3 pala is really strong.The necro is good aswell considering the amount of damage he can deal (even if it's every 2 turns).But yeah the tier 3 skell archer is real joke.

tier 3 pala seems strong as most of T3 units but it isn't cost effective at all ;p
Tried it in my golem build and he was gone after 2 tests - T1 Gargoyle does same work but better :P

I've seen no Lion army where the Chimera wouldn't have been a better Hero choice for the same units. I've yet to see a game where Chimera wasn't a dictating factor, either in opponents list building stage or during the play. The impact that one unit has is too large currently.

Currently im testing combo build with two enchanters, Valkyrie + Archer Hero ;)
All new or half new players are so funny when they ignoring all those buffs casted on her and latter on they dont understand sparklings "huging" their main unit/hero for 2x25+ damage double shoot from assasin skill ;]

Im really happy that i found half combo half HtH (T1+T2 Valkyries + lion) company at last - that is my favourite choice in battle games ;)

About T3 sparkling - i still don't knew if all those differences between descriptions are bugs or intended + also auto end his activation after casting one spell is annoying (he is warrior mage by the description)
ign: Draconnor, Cynwall player, 23 years in computer games, 14 years in battle games, 8 years in Confrontation Universe, 4 years of making own battle games.

Vahire

PostSat Jun 28, 2014 10:26 am

If i have a dc during a game,i cant reconnect at all (waiting for server reply and get kick out) even if i dc for 5 secs.Pretty annoying to lose a game without any chance to play it.

Dragon_Warrior

PostSat Jun 28, 2014 1:47 pm

Valkyrie Martial Inspiration is bugged - lasts only 1 turn instead of 3.
Last edited by Dragon_Warrior on Sun Jun 29, 2014 3:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.
PreviousNext

Return to News