It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:33 pm

Change is coming : Ryskar, Predator of Blood

Let's talk about official announcements.
  • Author

MhBlis

Re: Change is coming : Ryskar, Predator of Blood

PostWed Jun 11, 2014 10:32 pm

The numbers might be a bit high but that is a testing thing I mean we have no idea how big the maps are or how the scoring will factor. Mechanically this hero is a one trick pony. He is also going to be the one of those shown that is easiest to counter or screw up.

Once you've seen him in action a few times he will be a powerhouse but also a massive trap for your opponent. In his current form he is going to be pretty easy to over extend and leave his army behind. Again I think some of the numbers may be off but as a concept he really is not that game breaking. This comes from a place of experience with similar units from multiple other game systems. Only time will really tell.

Dragon_Warrior

PostThu Jun 12, 2014 6:23 am

This comes from a place of experience with similar units from multiple other game systems. Only time will really tell.

belive me i also say my point of view from experience and this champion looks far to similar to C3 Aberration Prime.

I hope Im wrong but unless any new rule prevents him form running through whole enemy warband in one turn - he will be game finisher far to often.
ign: Draconnor, Cynwall player, 23 years in computer games, 14 years in battle games, 8 years in Confrontation Universe, 4 years of making own battle games.

MhBlis

PostThu Jun 12, 2014 10:05 am

I like that he can do that, but I feel he should be able to do it only when the opponent plays badly rather than every time. From what we know of the game and what has been shown it can be done with just a proper balance with his stats but it will take a fair amount of testing. The biggest problem I see though is how easily he could punish bad play form both sides.

Time will tell here.

Dragon_Warrior

PostThu Jun 12, 2014 10:26 am

i see it rather by "bad build" (even in term of nice build but based on fragile units - while all except 2 lion units are fragile :P) than "bad play".
ign: Draconnor, Cynwall player, 23 years in computer games, 14 years in battle games, 8 years in Confrontation Universe, 4 years of making own battle games.

MhBlis

PostThu Jun 12, 2014 9:59 pm

I think were missing each other here since we are talking about the same thing. I agree that he shouldn't be auto win against certain setups maybe just harder to beat. All things being equal (Sometimes the dice just taketh) a better strategy should still beat him.

So really it's a mechanics problem which can be tweak through testing rather than a concept and implementation problem.

I'm all for any unit that can perform a niche roll well or in an interesting way as long as it doesn't skew the game by it's very presence.
Previous

Return to News