It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:35 pm

Change is coming : Ryskar, Predator of Blood

Let's talk about official announcements.
  • Author

Dr.Ido

Site Admin

Change is coming : Ryskar, Predator of Blood

PostTue Jun 10, 2014 4:41 pm

Hey there,

Let's look at Ryskar, Predator of Blood, one of the 3 Champions of the Wolfen (note that we ultimately chose the word Champions instead of Heroes).

(Click on the image for the full size picture)

Ryskar was once a Wolfen Predator famous for being the most powerful of its pack.

During the bloody alliance, the legends say that Ryskar went deep into the Red Oak forest, and met a very mysterious and powerful immortal being.

They made a pact, and fused together, giving birth to a true bloodthirsty monster, a Blood Predator whose power remains unequalled amongst Predators to this day.

Detailed information :
Ryskar, Predator of Blood
Price : 40 000 Ducats or 75 Cyans
AP : 200

Movement : 7
HP : 40

Accuracy : 14
Parry : 10
Dodge : 16
Damage : 12
Toughness : 11
Willpower : 12

Special Order : Hunt Them Down (1 Elixir, cannot be used on Ryskar)
The targeted allied unit gains +4 Movement and +8 Dodge until the end of the turn.

Skills : War Fury, Master Strike, Bloody Blades* (costs 1 elixir)

Attributes : Strategist (1), Predation Aura**, Born Killer, Hard-Boiled, Assassin***, Predator Chains****, Combat Instinct, Fear (15), Elusive

* Bloody Blades : When he uses his Bloody Blades, Ryskar gains the “Implacable (Infinite)” attribute and the range of his Pursuit movements is no longer divided by 2 until the end of the turn.

** Predation Aura : All allied units within 5 hexagons around Ryskar inflict greater damage on injured units.

*** Assassin : Increases the DAM of this unit by 2 for each unit surrounding the opponents that it attacks.

Predator Chains : As long as he wears his chains, Ryskar recovers 5 Health Points every time he kills a unit in melee combat

Astralwyrm

Re: Change is coming : Ryskar, Predator of Blood

PostTue Jun 10, 2014 4:59 pm

Dr.Ido wrote:They made a pact, and fused together, giving birth to a true bloodthirsty monster, a Blood Predator whose power remains unequaled amongst Predators to this day.

unequalled

The only one i found, so well done =)

Edit: Having looked at it some more though it depends on whose english your trying to stick to. American English it is correct but British English it is spelt with two ls.

Ryskar is looking cool, somehow he seems more different to other POB's than the other champions have been to their counterparts. Maybe it's the skin. I'm looking forward to giving him a go. Sounds like he can bulldose through many troops if the opponent isn't careful. Looks like my prediction for his strategist stat was correct also.
Last edited by Astralwyrm on Tue Jun 10, 2014 9:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dragon_Warrior

PostTue Jun 10, 2014 6:23 pm

Movement : 7
+
* Bloody Blades : When he uses his Bloody Blades, Ryskar gains the “Implacable (Infinite)” attribute and the range of his Pursuit movements is no longer divided by 2 until the end of the turn.

+ Assasin (nice change) + Chains

srsly ?
+
The targeted allied unit gains +4 Movement and +8 Dodge until the end of the turn.

This guy and his skills break half of game rules to be honest... i knew that skills are ment to give exception from main rules but unit able to give mov 10-11 to allies and make mov 7 Pursuits himself is insane... especialy with DOD 16 while archers will have him in farther range or in CC...

he is interesting but totally unstable as a ULTRA OWN counter to all non pure combat bands.
ign: Draconnor, Cynwall player, 23 years in computer games, 14 years in battle games, 8 years in Confrontation Universe, 4 years of making own battle games.

Astralwyrm

PostTue Jun 10, 2014 7:25 pm

Mmmmhmmm he's a monster. Sounds like the herasser will work quite well with his order.

Dragon_Warrior

PostTue Jun 10, 2014 8:06 pm

Sounds like the herasser will work quite well with his order.

true :lol:
ign: Draconnor, Cynwall player, 23 years in computer games, 14 years in battle games, 8 years in Confrontation Universe, 4 years of making own battle games.

Astralwyrm

PostTue Jun 10, 2014 9:06 pm

Image needs to be changed? did you put Kelrys the worg in by mistake?

MhBlis

PostWed Jun 11, 2014 2:09 am

Actually looking at him he seems very one dimensional.

He is a hard counter to all archer spam and to make the best use of him you are going to play a mostly melee based army.

All that said having had time to think I quiet like him.

Personally I think his damage would needs a small 1-3 push upward and perhaps his parry stat as well. Depending on your opponent he is going to be very tricky to play. Again all round I really like the idea here and numbers will only really matter once we can get some real testing in.

Jigoku

Site Admin

PostWed Jun 11, 2014 10:45 am

Well, he benefits from its own Predation Aura (damage bonus against wounded units), so its damage should be ok.
It can prove quite surprising, actually.

But I agree with you - this one could be the most tricky Champion to play at the moment.
Some others might be in the same spot though - more on that soon :)
Dogs of War Online - Game Designer

Dragon_Warrior

PostWed Jun 11, 2014 11:17 am

Well, he benefits from its own Predation Aura (damage bonus against wounded units), so its damage should be ok.

omg

dam 14, born killer, + War Fury + Master Strike + Assasin + Chains + mov 7 and unlimited full move additional activations seems really gamebreaking for me - it would be full rock-paper-scisors in term of army compositions with unit like that.

there should be no so hard counters ingame - and this one really tears apart any non combar band if i unterstand new mechanics.

skydancer

PostWed Jun 11, 2014 11:52 am

Beast
~ work in progress ~
Next

Return to News