It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:20 pm

Change is coming : Melmoth, Skull Warrior

Let's talk about official announcements.
  • Author

Dr.Ido

Site Admin

Change is coming : Melmoth, Skull Warrior

PostTue Jun 03, 2014 10:03 am

Hello,

After Silienne of Laverne, here comes Melmoth, a mighty Hero from Acheron. Keep in mind that this is still work in progress.

(Click on the image for the full size picture)

The skull warriors of Acheron were great heroes in the past and were brought to the side of Darkness one way or another. Melmoth was a champion of the Keltois clan of Aran before losing everything in a war that tore his family apart. Overcome by despair, haunted by the many unnecessary deaths, Melmoth sank into madness and gorged himself with slaughters until death finally took him. But it was just the beginning...
The war chief came back to haunt the living as a Skull Warrior. His now cursed sword "Ordeal" will serve the Ram until the end of times. Melmoth is known to be a brutal and merciless opponent.

Detailed information :
Melmoth, Skûll Warrior
Price : 40 000 Ducats or 75 Cyans
AP : 200

Movement : 4
HP : 40

Accuracy : 11
Parry : 10
Dodge : 11
Damage : 15
Toughness : 14
Willpower : 10

Hero Ordrer : Drink their blood (cost 1 Elixir point) : The targeted ally will be healed by the amount of physical damage it inflicts (melee or ranged) for 1 turn.

Special order : Commanding Shout (replaces Tide of the dead) : activate 2 units of any kind in a row

Skills : Sequence*, Counter Attack, Ordeal** (cost 1 Elixir Point)

Attributes : Strategist (3), Living Dead, Combat Instinct****, Ambidextrous, Carnage Blade*****, Fear (17), Regeneration (1)

*Sequence : The fighter strikers its target, then immediately launches a second strike against another opponent in its melee range. He suffers -4 ACC and -4 PAR for these attacks

** Ordeal (1 elixir point) : Melmoth Uses its carnage blade "Ordeal" to strike the targeted opponent. Until the end of turn, Ordeal grants Melmoth 15% chance to kill its target outright. Melmoth is healed by an amount equal to the damages inflicted by Ordeal.

***Strategist (3) : permanent +3 bonus to all discipline roll. Note that displine rolls are not based on the faction anymore (they all have a bonus of 0) but on the Hero.

**** Combat Instinct : This unit never suffers encirclement penalties

***** Carnage Blade : The damage inflicted by this weapon is increased by 3 and reduces the maximum health of the target by the total amount of damage inflicted.

That's it for Melmoth.
More Heroes to come soon...

Astralwyrm

Re: Change is coming : Melmoth, Skull Warrior

PostTue Jun 03, 2014 10:53 am

Theres quite a few typos in this description just thought i'd point them out incase you guys were going to just copy and paste this into the game.

Dr.Ido wrote:The skull warriors of Acheron were great heroes in the past and were brought to the side of Darkness one way or another. Melmoth was a champion of the Keltois clan of Aran before loosing everything in a war that tore his family apart. Overcome by despair, haunted by the many unecessary deaths, Melmoth sank into madness and gorged himself with slaughters until death finaly took him. But it was just the beginning...
The war chief came back to haunt the living as a Skull Warrior. His now cursed sword "Ordeal" will serve the Ram until the end of times. Melmoth is known to be a brutal an mercyless opponent.

1. losing
2. unnecessary
3. finally
4. and
5. merciless

Besides that sounds good to me i think. He's a tough strategist; it will be hard for my wolfen to gnaw through his bones.
Last edited by Astralwyrm on Tue Jun 03, 2014 11:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dr.Ido

Site Admin

PostTue Jun 03, 2014 10:57 am

Wow, thanks a lot. I think that's the most typos I ever did in such a small text.

I edited the post.

Dragon_Warrior

PostTue Jun 03, 2014 11:10 am

*Sequence : The fighter strikers its target, then immediately launches a second strike against another opponent in its melee range. He suffers -4 ACC and -4 PAR for these attacks

PAR or STR? or PAR until end of turn/next activation ?

Par until nex activation would be closest to C3 but this time i would gues STR :P

The hero looks realy interesting and powerfull indeed
ign: Draconnor, Cynwall player, 23 years in computer games, 14 years in battle games, 8 years in Confrontation Universe, 4 years of making own battle games.

Deep Blue

PostTue Jun 03, 2014 11:17 am

Well he really looks bad ass and a real killing machine. I'm surprised by the amount of self-healing and damage it can dish out and I wonder if he comes out with all these different skills...

On a different note...I see you are following the trend of "if lucky --> kill outright". As you know I do not like these "luck" kills (i'm fine with crits) and I hope AT THE VERY LEAST that heroes will be immune to them.
Closed beta tester - Ram & Wolf player

Useful links:
AP army calculator (by Hod): http://dogsofwar.eu.pn/

Dragon_Warrior

PostTue Jun 03, 2014 11:28 am

On a different note...I see you are following the trend of "if lucky --> kill outright". As you know I do not like these "luck" kills (i'm fine with crits) and I hope AT THE VERY LEAST that heroes will be immune to them.

15% looks as C3 (1/6) Sacred Weapon... while it was interesting back then im also unsure how it will work in this mechanics when units don't have options to add additional dices to deffense or strike first even if attacked...

maybe new stron condition (like paralyze/lie on ground for one turn - in term of loosing its next activation) would be a better alternative.
ign: Draconnor, Cynwall player, 23 years in computer games, 14 years in battle games, 8 years in Confrontation Universe, 4 years of making own battle games.

skydancer

PostTue Jun 03, 2014 12:00 pm

~ work in progress ~

Dragon_Warrior

PostTue Jun 03, 2014 12:38 pm

Parry : 10
Dodge : 11
Toughness : 14

and no hard boiled

Hopefully it can be killed ;p
...maybe not with cheapest hth fighters (thx Deep Blue idea of survival) but it can be killed ;)

Dr.Ido

Site Admin

PostTue Jun 03, 2014 2:11 pm

A quick update, we're currently playtesting Melmoth with Hard Boiled (with no other changes beside this addition). I cannot tell you if the game designers will keep it or not, but it's a possibility.

Dragon_Warrior

PostTue Jun 03, 2014 2:18 pm

Dragon Warrior - bad omen prophet since 1984 ;)
Next

Return to News