It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:14 am

Change is coming : Melmoth, Skull Warrior

Let's talk about official announcements.
  • Author

Dragon_Warrior

Re: Change is coming : Melmoth, Skull Warrior

PostThu Jun 05, 2014 9:46 am

But Confrontation Sequence is not about second powerfull blow but rather combination of two or more faster strikes instead of one ;)
i can't find a YT movie for ilustration now but imo its all about different interpretation of this strikes :P
ign: Draconnor, Cynwall player, 23 years in computer games, 14 years in battle games, 8 years in Confrontation Universe, 4 years of making own battle games.

Legulysse

Site Admin

PostThu Jun 05, 2014 10:33 am

Just a note to help you put an end on this debate :ugeek:

- The game already has a skill that matches the "cleave" concept : the "Poweful Swipe" (hope it's the right name) of the Golem, which hits several units in one strike.
- This new "Sequence" skill is, as Dragon Warrior said, a succession of several quick strikes on various targets, much like the "Offensive Stance" except that hits are split between targets.

From this difference I believe the naming is ok.
Dogs of War Online - Developper

Jigoku

Site Admin

PostThu Jun 05, 2014 10:33 am

Astralwyrm wrote:Ido two things: In Silienne's profile it has Hawk Aura with description and Eagle Aura on her list of abilities. Same ability? or did you miss eagle aura's description?

I believe this is a translation issue. They are indeed the same attribute (a passive aura).

[EDIT: Ninja'd by Legulysse] :(
As for the Sequence and Cleave discussion, I'm sorry in advance if what I will write here sounds wrong to some of you, because well, I played the tabletop game only in french... but from what I gathered, 'Sequence' was translated 'Sequence' into english by Rackham in the old days. Then again, Rackham didn't do a very great job at translating its rules (in my very humble, personal, opinion)

Not that it matters much though, but we generally try not to disrupt too much - because changing one name for another can prove quite confusing for us in the long run.

I will give you an example that perfectly fits for that matter: for us, the Golem's ability "Powerful Swipe" was always called "Cleave" in working terms (and it is even called 'Cleave' in our database).
So as you can see, we can't really rename 'Sequence' into Cleave because we would now have two "Cleave" with different effects, and that could end very badly.

Also, from a background perspective, while the attack of the Golem is most obviously a cleave (we can easily imagine him bashing its weapon through its 3 opponents), the "Sequence" attack is more of a succession of blows on two different targets, so we believe it's ok.

Well the discussion is still open about that anyway; nothing is ever really really set in stone when we come to names, as long as everyone understands what's going on in the game (we could change the 'Powerful Swipe' name into 'Cleave' for example).

By the way, if there are native-english speakers amongst you that find "uncanny" terms in our translations, please let us know. It is important for us to know that the english version of the game is correct and easy to understand at first sight.

Thanks in advance guys!
Dogs of War Online - Game Designer

Dragon_Warrior

PostThu Jun 05, 2014 10:56 am

BTW - How both Counterattacks and pursuit movements will work for sequence? ;)
ign: Draconnor, Cynwall player, 23 years in computer games, 14 years in battle games, 8 years in Confrontation Universe, 4 years of making own battle games.

MhBlis

PostThu Jun 05, 2014 11:21 am

Excellent thank you for weighing in.

He he *Cough Cough* "Flurry of blows", "Multi Strike" but both are those are already in use so the use of sequence here I suppose would be the best way to go.

Once you guys roll out the patch I'll paw through it and create a thread for others to weigh in on as well. Flavor text in the skills would help as well to give people an idea on how you envision the skill to work :)

Legulysse

Site Admin

PostFri Jun 06, 2014 5:25 pm

Dragon_Warrior wrote:How both Counterattacks and pursuit movements will work for sequence?

CounterAttacks will work normally for each individual strike, Sequence is almost identical to double strikes.
As of now, Pursuit will only trigger if the initial target is killed, but it may change.
MhBlis wrote:Excellent thank you for weighing in.

Nice that it helped you ;)
Dogs of War Online - Developper
Previous

Return to News