It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:13 pm

Change is coming : Silienne of Laverne and the other Heroes

Let's talk about official announcements.
  • Author

MhBlis

Re: Change is coming : Silienne of Laverne and the other Her

PostThu May 29, 2014 8:32 am

To be honest I would have to test it before I can say anything. That said the number of 95% chances to hit that miss or the 0% scatters I see that are game changing did not fill me with confidence. How often that 3% plays a roll will be something I watch carefully when we can actually test it. Personally my biggest fears are:

1. That all heroes get it
2. Its on a ranged unit that doesn't need to risk themselves to get the reward it can offer.

All that said this is a dice game at heart and every roll has a chance to game breaking. I'm sure everyone has stories of it even now of game breaking crits or misses.

Dragon_Warrior

PostThu May 29, 2014 10:05 am

2. Its on a ranged unit that doesn't need to risk themselves to get the reward it can offer.

as a 200ap unit with 40 hp and no armor - even shooting at middle range is a risk ;P
i thought cyanide understood that terribly low chances are bad....and just when it looks like assassin is gonna get changed they add an even slimmer chance that can be game changing. So yeah, I like her but i hate that 3% chance (yes i know in confrontation it was possible a similar effect...but this doesn't mean it was good =/ )

well - sacred weapons in C3 had 16% to insta kill enemy with one blow... this was annoying but imo far less random than 3% ;)
ign: Draconnor, Cynwall player, 23 years in computer games, 14 years in battle games, 8 years in Confrontation Universe, 4 years of making own battle games.

Deep Blue

PostThu May 29, 2014 7:39 pm

Dragon_Warrior wrote:
i thought cyanide understood that terribly low chances are bad....and just when it looks like assassin is gonna get changed they add an even slimmer chance that can be game changing. So yeah, I like her but i hate that 3% chance (yes i know in confrontation it was possible a similar effect...but this doesn't mean it was good =/ )

well - sacred weapons in C3 had 16% to insta kill enemy with one blow... this was annoying but imo far less random than 3% ;)

i can't wait to read the first posts about the enemy hero getting oneshotted at the first activation :D I'm sure this will bring lot of joy to many players
Closed beta tester - Ram & Wolf player

Useful links:
AP army calculator (by Hod): http://dogsofwar.eu.pn/

Dragon_Warrior

PostThu May 29, 2014 9:10 pm

DB - i knew - while insta kill skills are interesting - i would restrict them somehow... maybe to 50% of auto killing enemy with critical wound no matter his toughnes... or 50% to kill unit that lost more than 15 damage due to one shot... or something like that...

but at the moment equal ap cost of all heroes is more concerning to me - because it really looks as hero for free in some moba game ;/

i can't wait to read the first posts about the enemy hero getting oneshotted at the first activation

I still remember one tournament when worth 1/3 of whole ap Mid-Nor Living Tower (http://confront2.cdl76.com/IMG/jpg/tour_demon.jpg) was one shooted in enemy first activation by 6/6 lucky damage roll (there was 2,7% for such damage roll)
ign: Draconnor, Cynwall player, 23 years in computer games, 14 years in battle games, 8 years in Confrontation Universe, 4 years of making own battle games.

Astralwyrm

PostThu May 29, 2014 11:39 pm

An alternative could be to have her attacks ignore fierce or large % to ignore it.

MhBlis

PostFri May 30, 2014 5:58 am

Yes until testing its hard to say but I'm tempted to say seriously wounded models can be instatly killed. But then I still want to see if this will be a common ability; which would then need serious restrictions for balance; or a unique one which means it needs less restriction.

This hero gets brought separately system is pretty much the system most new Table Tops are using. They just often disguise it in other ways. Really doesn't matter what they cost as long as they are balanced against other hero's rather than cost dictates power scale. It really doesn't bother me and I don;t know why people keep comparing this to MOBA's when they are nothing alike and there are current systems like this already out there.

I personally would have presented it as 1 Commander with his select company of units but this is really fine.

Sernior

PostFri May 30, 2014 6:22 am

I agree with deep, please no insta ubba random oneshots.
Why not a chance to deal bonus damage instead?

Bousk

Site Admin

PostFri May 30, 2014 9:24 am

Hi,
Dragon_Warrior wrote:and how the game will work for cheaper heroes in this way with 300+200 limit? Someone with 100ap hero will have only 300+100?

This is a misunderstood shortcut.
Our actual testing bracket is 500 AP, including commander/hero cost. Not 300+200 which doesn't make sense as you mentioned.
So, cheaper (or more expensive) heroes is not an issue at all. ;)

Also, for those who like actual game modes (deathmatch, vip, koth), they should be still playable through challenge friend interface.
Dogs of War Online - Dev Team

Dragon_Warrior

PostFri May 30, 2014 10:22 am

his is a misunderstood shortcut.
Our actual testing bracket is 500 AP, including commander/hero cost. Not 300+200 which doesn't make sense as you mentioned.
So, cheaper (or more expensive) heroes is not an issue at all. ;)

ok so its better than i was convinced :P
I followed perovious info about hero being independent from a company in term of creating company roaster ;)

So its better but im still noc convinced to idea of equal cost of first heroes - new players first appearance still will be 'free heroes' as long as most of them will have same cost + must have condition.

Also, for those who like actual game modes (deathmatch, vip, koth), they should be still playable through challenge friend interface.
As long hero elimination will provide some Elixirs instead auto win - other game types will be marginal for me :P

Bousk

Site Admin

PostFri May 30, 2014 10:47 am

I followed perovious info about hero being independent from a company in term of creating company roaster

Hero are not about "company" but about faction.
If you create 2 lion companies, they can use same heroes. All heroes available for lion faction.
Not for now, but later, some neutral heroes may be added. These heroes don't belong to any faction (or, better, they belong to neutral factions), and can be used with every factions.
The adjustment screen is updated to display available heroes, and you select it just like units.

As long hero elimination will provide some Elixirs instead auto win - other game types will be marginal for me

As few as I know, the only remaining victory condition in our latest test is "elixir" owning.
Killing enemy hero provides some of them. Plus troops can't use orders without their commander.

So killing hero, troops, or keeping the "elixir point" are all good objectives/ways/manners which can lead to victory. :P
Dogs of War Online - Dev Team
PreviousNext

Return to News