It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:15 pm

Change is coming : Troop profiles

Let's talk about official announcements.
  • Author

Dr.Ido

Site Admin

Change is coming : Troop profiles

PostTue May 27, 2014 1:24 pm

Hey there,

In earlier posts I gave you a general description of the upcoming changes (http://forums.dogsofwar-online.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2946) and specific details about the new game mode (http://forums.dogsofwar-online.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2957). Today, I want to give you more details about the troop profiles, and I think that the best way to explain what it will look like is to give you an example. So here's a preview of the 3 profiles based on the Wolfen with crossbow.

**Keep in mind that this is still a work in progress, the final result may differ from what I'm describing here.**

As you already know from earlier post, you will have access to 3 different profiles, based on the Wolfen with crossbow :
Wolfen Assault Shooter : Available at renown rank 1, cost 40 Ducats or 1 cyan
Wolfen Harasser : Available at renown rank 5, cost 100 Ducats or 1 cyan
Wolfen Harpooner : Available at renown rank 13, cost 250 Ducats or 1 cyan

So, what will each of these profiles look like ?

Wolfen Assault Shooter : 58 AP
Movement : 5
HP : 40

Accuracy : 9
Parry : 7
Dodge : 9
Damage : 10
Toughness : 8
Willpower : 9

Skill : Assault Fire (range 5)
Attributes : Born Killer, Contact Shot, Fear (13), Fierce
-------------------------------------------------------------------

Wolfen Harasser : 59 AP
Movement : 6

Accuracy : 9
Parry : 5
Dodge : 11
Damage : 9
Willpower : 7

Skill : Harassment
Attributes : Born Killer, Instinctive firing, Fear (10), Elusive
-------------------------------------------------------------------

Wolfen Harpooner : 62 AP
Movement : 4

Accuracy : 7
Parry : 5
Dodge : 9
Damage : 12
Willpower : 7

Skill : Aim
Attributes : Born Killer, Fear (10)
------------------------------------------------------------

As you can see, the profiles share a common base but each specializes into a unique specialty (Harassment, Assault, Damages) and is designed with this function in mind. Each faction will have 18 troops, based on 6 "unit types", this will give you plenty of options to design a unique company.

The prices, both in Ducats and Cyan are low enough so that as soon as you unlock a new unit type you can purchase it and test it.

That's it.

Very soon, I'll give you some details about the Heroes.

Dragon_Warrior

Re: Change is coming : Troop profiles

PostTue May 27, 2014 1:49 pm

Nice and thx
maybe harraser looks better than others especialy with mov 6 - but as you said its WIP.

I like the idea of small +/- stat changes
i expected maybe more skills after last info but still it looks good enough for me

Edit
Ducats/Cyans prices indeed are low and unleas heroes will have costs with houndreds of thousends im not sure how do you want to fund this game up to 18 factions ;)
ign: Draconnor, Cynwall player, 23 years in computer games, 14 years in battle games, 8 years in Confrontation Universe, 4 years of making own battle games.

Deep Blue

PostTue May 27, 2014 2:05 pm

I like it...also the assaulter seem viable with parry...but more importantly...FEAR 13!

The harasser seem probably the best choice...elusive , MOV 6 and higher DOD makes it very hard to catch in melee, just for a mere -1 DAM malus.

A bit disappointed by the sniper with MOV 4...plus ACC 7. Ok it can potentially hit for 15 DAM which is quite huge...but ACC 7 is very bad and honestly it is almost funny to think that the wolven sniper needs almost to do a point blank shot to hit! way to be a sniper :D

@DW: i expect heroes to cost as much as legendary units ;-) + i hope they will offer new skins...
Closed beta tester - Ram & Wolf player

Useful links:
AP army calculator (by Hod): http://dogsofwar.eu.pn/

Dragon_Warrior

PostTue May 27, 2014 2:24 pm

but ACC 7 is very bad and honestly it is almost funny to think that the wolven sniper needs almost to do a point blank shot to hit! way to be a sniper :D

Vs some low DoD units it would be stiil enough at middle range without a covers - but indeed both assault and harraser looks better on paper.

@DW: i expect heroes to cost as much as legendary units ;-) + i hope they will offer new skins...

i hope that you are wrong on the first one and good on second (not only skins but modells) ;)

Heroes with AP cost higher than 200 will indeed turn game in terrible moba direction - even now games played Vs Legendaries are borring and far less tactical.
80-160 is the right scale imo - maybe 100-180 if they commanding potential will be serious. But i hope for nothing moge - Especialy no more than 40hp for heroes... Yes for sequence, counteratack or other heroes freatures from Confrontation but they still shyould be as lethal as other units.

EDIT
Do the names of units are also WIP? There is plenty of Unit profiles from cardpacks or more 'lore' names for units.... Like Red Oaks Crossbowman, Throne of Stars Crossbowman etc. for example ;)
ign: Draconnor, Cynwall player, 23 years in computer games, 14 years in battle games, 8 years in Confrontation Universe, 4 years of making own battle games.

Hod

PostTue May 27, 2014 2:44 pm

Are these three units going to look very different from one another?

I like where this is going, although I do agree with the above that Hero's shouldn't be 200AP, especially if you're balancing for 250AP matches.

On that same note, the fact that you said that 250AP matches are going to be the norm now, does that mean a normal game is only going to have 3-4 units it in? Or are we going to have the 5-8 units we had in the 400AP matches? I really think 5-8 is good. 3-4 is just too few to really feel like you are making something - it's not a Warband, it's a few units.
Hod's CoolMiniOrNot Gallery

Useful links:
Mirror 1 AP army calculator (by Hod): http://www.dogsofwar.co.nf/
Mirror 2 AP army calculator (by Hod): http://www.dogsofwar.eu.pn/

Dr.Ido

Site Admin

PostTue May 27, 2014 3:05 pm

Dragon_Warrior wrote:Do the names of units are also WIP

As far as I know, the names are final, we went for something simple and descriptive. The Heroes name will be much more "lore" related.

Hod wrote:Are these three units going to look very different from one another?

Unfortunately, no. It would have been great but we don't have the resources to do it. It won't change much from what you have now with the skill tree when the same 3D unit could be used for very different units in regards to their levels and/or skills.

Hod wrote:you said that 250AP matches are going to be the norm now

As of now, we're playtesting with companies around 300 AP and Heroes around 200. It might change. This is clearly one of the thing that requires the most testing and I cannot tell you anything definitive about it now.

Deep Blue

PostTue May 27, 2014 3:43 pm

uhm i got misunderstood but thanks to that we got a new bit of info about heroes AP :-) anyway what i meant was from a ducats/cyans perspective, not from an AP one :D
Closed beta tester - Ram & Wolf player

Useful links:
AP army calculator (by Hod): http://dogsofwar.eu.pn/

Dragon_Warrior

PostTue May 27, 2014 3:59 pm

oh - OK ;)

skydancer

PostTue May 27, 2014 7:05 pm

thanks for info, it's cool read something before the new game is released. :D
I like the different profile, everyone could choose and build his band based on his hero and favourite playstile.

It's also easy to balance everything as there's no Lvling.

Any eta about when all the new stuff will be realeased?
~ work in progress ~

Dragon_Warrior

PostTue May 27, 2014 7:34 pm

skydancer wrote:Any eta about when all the new stuff will be realeased?

two weeks ago they promised a month ;)
Next

Return to News