It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:43 am

Change is coming : a new game mode

Let's talk about official announcements.
  • Author

banescuf

Re: Change is coming : a new game mode

PostThu May 22, 2014 12:37 am

I like the new gamemod seems ok so far...

but you shouldn't have take out DM...

especially if you want to keep casual players..this mod requires a high learning curve and a casual player won't have the patience...

and even players like me want from time to time just to jump in and kill all enemy units without any other conditions

Errol Flynn

PostThu May 22, 2014 1:43 am

People stop saying you like DM, the devs have heard it a hundred times and they simply don't give a fuck. This could become one of the best turn based potion grabbing simulators on the market. Problem for me is I am totally uninterested in playing a potion grabbing simulator. How many bottles of 'Potion' had you guys drunk when you came up with this?
Are you going to change the name from Dogs of War to something more fitting for your new potion quest game? I like Potion Quest or Super Potion Quest. The 'Super' really makes it pop.
Open Beta Player. World Champion Coin Tosser.

DeathsAdvocate

PostThu May 22, 2014 2:44 am

Come on man try to be constructive we have a wonderful game, with hard working devs who are active in the community. And people voicing what they want is exactly what makes things happen so those who support a mode, or have ideas for new things absolutely should say or keep saying or add to what they have said. This game is in beta, we are supposed to be testing it.

I mean obvious troll post, is obvious troll post and I shoulden't feed it or it could grow, so if you insist on lowering your self to that level I hope no one else will respond if your replies continues to go down that route.

To add something constructive to this post, if we are using the map spawning elixir capture the flag thing please do not make it random.

Astralwyrm

PostThu May 22, 2014 3:17 am

Just to be clear i never said i disliked the idea of Heroes being in the game probably the opposite because they will add their own flavour to the game. The only thing that will bother me if anything will be the paradox created in my head when Hero A fights Hero A x.x but it's not a big deal.

How exactly does the elixir appear is there an explanation for it? just out of interest especially since it was in C4. Is it like a natural resource that bubbles out of the ground or a gift from the gods? Also will Heroes be mandatory across all game modes or are they expressely made for this new game mode? It doesn't really bother me either way and i think i know the answer but being as the current units are being changed and orders being given by heroes for this new mode atleast. I figure it's worth asking.

Dragon_Warrior

PostThu May 22, 2014 6:40 am

How exactly does the elixir appear is there an explanation for it?

Elixirs are not potions - there are parts of incarneted heroes souls/fate - more like spiritual essence.
ign: Draconnor, Cynwall player, 23 years in computer games, 14 years in battle games, 8 years in Confrontation Universe, 4 years of making own battle games.

Deep Blue

PostThu May 22, 2014 1:10 pm

Dragon_Warrior wrote:
How exactly does the elixir appear is there an explanation for it?

Elixirs are not potions - there are parts of incarneted heroes souls/fate - more like spiritual essence.

the problem is that the random player which tries the game for the first 30 (?) minutes will have no clue about it and/or pay much attention. I agree with Errol that the game could be renamed "elixir grabbing" :D

about DM...i really do not think it is the most balanced format (it allows turtling for example which is not appreciated by all the community) . Since you have only few hexagons to control for the Elixir point you will probably clash quite heavily with the enemy which will satisfy your thirst for blood ;) Also 7 elixirs --> 6-7 turns per game to win (i count also the random elixir drops) which is as much a random game should last imo.
Closed beta tester - Ram & Wolf player

Useful links:
AP army calculator (by Hod): http://dogsofwar.eu.pn/

Dragon_Warrior

PostThu May 22, 2014 2:39 pm

the problem is that the random player which tries the game for the first 30 (?) minutes will have no clue about it and/or pay much attention. I agree with Errol that the game could be renamed "elixir grabbing" :D

All my knowedge about French language came from some Fr only cards for confrontation - so i may be wrong - but i suppose that problem with Elixirs came from translation-interpretation. When i knew how to imagine them - the name is ok... so lets hope that their graphic apperance will be far from Diablo3 style potions ;)

Something like will-o-wisp or floating shard would be nice + tutorial info abouyt elixirs being parts of heroes souls.
ign: Draconnor, Cynwall player, 23 years in computer games, 14 years in battle games, 8 years in Confrontation Universe, 4 years of making own battle games.

Deep Blue

PostThu May 22, 2014 7:05 pm

Sorry for focusing on "petty" things but Elixir really gives me the impression of a magical potion. It would make more sense if you collect some sort of "souls" or magical entities in order to craft whatever powerful thing the guy which hired you wants.
Closed beta tester - Ram & Wolf player

Useful links:
AP army calculator (by Hod): http://dogsofwar.eu.pn/

Dragon_Warrior

PostThu May 22, 2014 7:26 pm

imo it will all depend on visual interpretation

mathmix

PostThu May 22, 2014 7:50 pm

This new match mechanic seems really intresting and I know the devs are tired of reading not to take Death Match away, but... Even though they say we'll can still play this mode with our friends, some of us just want to play it as a normal match, against ramdom people and being rewarded with ducats and renown as we are now.
The idea of a tactical Death Match is the game mode that attracted me and my friends to this game.
Last edited by mathmix on Thu May 22, 2014 8:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PreviousNext

Return to News