It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:30 pm

Changelog beta 0.12.11

Let's talk about official announcements.
  • Author

Dragon_Warrior

Re: Changelog beta 0.12.11

PostWed Apr 09, 2014 6:48 pm

Oups, seems like we forgot to hide this.
It represents the percent of total units life remaining for each player.
For instance, if you have 4 units of 40 Hp each (160 Hp total), it will drop by ~6% for each 10Hp lost.
It's useful to check who has the upper hand.
It was added mostly for testing purposes, we will see if we make it disappear with a small patch.

i hoped that this is long waited ultimate draw solution :P
ign: Draconnor, Cynwall player, 23 years in computer games, 14 years in battle games, 8 years in Confrontation Universe, 4 years of making own battle games.

p122ab0y

PostWed Apr 09, 2014 10:19 pm

Wow hate this patch. I expected some balancing involving Legendaries but where's the level reset? Since no changes were done to standard/elite units I can understand no reset but if you're going to change AP costs on certain units, in this case legendaries, then give those affected the ability to at least reset them without adding financial burden to those affected. The total to reset legendaries aren't exactly cheap.

Also was the valkary change really necessary? Why do I get the impression that Lion always get the short end of the stick. Personally It affected one of my frequently used comp that was orginally at 400 ap and is now 401.

This is why I disagree with nerfing rather than buffing to balance. Sure it's probably now more "balanced" and fair. But what's not fair is it does not affect all players equally. Some players are obviously more greatly impacted than others depending on their preference. It's a damn rollercoaster ride everytime a patch comes out. Just when you finally find a composition or play-style you enjoy a patch comes around and f*cks up your world.

Almanro

PostWed Apr 09, 2014 10:34 pm

I agree with p122ab0y about the fact that in general an auto-reset should be given when the devs change (increment, not decrement) the AP (only on the units that suffered a change obviously).

E.g., I agree and I'm very glad to have the possibility to pay 8.8k or 22 cyans to reset my Golem abilities when I want to change something, but if the AP is changed from the devs side then the reset of the abilities should be free -> not my fault the devs decided to change my comp AP therefore why should I spend ducats/cyans to fix it?

Dragon_Warrior

PostWed Apr 09, 2014 10:57 pm

Also was the valkary change really necessary? Why do I get the impression that Lion always get the short end of the stick. Personally It affected one of my frequently used comp that was orginally at 400 ap and is now 401.

My lion complany including Valkyrie was 399 and including two of them was 398 ;)
ign: Draconnor, Cynwall player, 23 years in computer games, 14 years in battle games, 8 years in Confrontation Universe, 4 years of making own battle games.

p122ab0y

PostWed Apr 09, 2014 11:16 pm

So it sounds like for you, it wasn't that big of a deal. And that's my point, even as small of a nerf (negatively impactful change) has major detriment to some players. And I doubt that my composition was overpowered but to me, a +1 AP would've been as big of a deal breaker as say + 50 AP to valkary cost. All I'm trying to say is, these patches probably produce mostly players who feels neutral towards the changes, but the problem is you create a small subset of players who feel greatly against them. And i'm inclined to believe that the players who have strong opinions tend to be the players who's the most loyal and spent the most time and energy in this game. These are also the players you potentially risk losing permanently.

Heres an afterthough. Say theoretically buffs were applied for balancing against OP units, and I was a player who used said OP units. My sentiment may still be disappointed but I don't think I would react as strongly to it. And I think the rationale behind that is because people react strongly to news especially when it appears to be directed at them. But if it's news that is less direct and more dispersed at a wider audience for example, that reaction is dissolved and you're less inclined to think "why me?".

p122ab0y

PostThu Apr 10, 2014 3:22 am

Bug with the Profile section. After a match, the "wins" does not increment (The "matches" do though).

Deep Blue

PostThu Apr 10, 2014 10:52 am

skydancer wrote:The meta remain broken... it's just another fix patch.
I will come back for next patch. bye bye

i think it would help more the devs if you could state why the meta is broken. Opinions like this aren't really helping the game get better.

Back on the change log...i like ylia's love changes, next week looks like ive to play with my wolven :-) all in all i like the changes especially the warrior/mages/monk fix...i really hated that bug :D
Closed beta tester - Ram & Wolf player

Useful links:
AP army calculator (by Hod): http://dogsofwar.eu.pn/

Dragon_Warrior

PostThu Apr 10, 2014 2:11 pm

.i like ylia's love changes

Looks like a nice buff for Grave Guardian...

but Crossbowman still waits for +2-4STR (base stars for its cost, maybe with -1ACC but it should be ok as it is +3STR imo) instead of optional Feriocious.

jedihowling

PostFri Apr 11, 2014 6:02 am

Current leader board has already shown the effect of the patch. Currently, the top 6 are all Kingdom of Alahan(Humans) players.

This basically is a patch that discourages the use of Legendary units.

This patch has nerfed the Worg too much, I dare say Wolfen relies too much on the Worg for 400 AP battles. In my opinion the best balanced comp of Wolfen used to be Worg and 2 other units. You cant really use worg now as it is a complete mismatch playing against humans or undead with just one other unit to back up the Worg going up againts 8-10 or more units.

I used to be in the top 5 myself in the last consecutive 3 or so weeks with the Worg but I find myself down to top 16 now with this patch in effect and contemplating switching factions to humans as it seems to be the most balanced and versatile at the moment.

I have tried other compositions on Wolfen but their AP limitations just dont allow for a decent counter against the more popularly used compositions of humans with archers and magician and undead with necros, pallys, priests and skellies.

At 400 AP, 4 wolfen units(with no worg ofcourse) at most dont really stand a chance against 8 or more other units from humans or undead(unless you are playing with a complete moron).

I fear we may see fewer Wolfen players and may cause an imbalance in faction usage. If this happens things may get boring fast.

Dragon_Warrior

PostFri Apr 11, 2014 6:39 am

Current leader board has already shown the effect of the patch. Currently, the top 6 are all Kingdom of Alahan(Humans) players.

its not so easy to be honest
PreviousNext

Return to News