It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:59 pm

Patch 0.12.9 will be released next monday

Let's talk about official announcements.
  • Author

Pattermann

Re: Patch 0.12.9 will be released next monday

PostThu Mar 13, 2014 4:11 am

I am really liking this game and want to see it continue so here are some of my thoughts.
1. please let there be an option for redoing your skills/talents. It makes it had to try out different army types and abilties when you have to buy a new unit then train it just to lvl it up so you can try out an ability. this is both a drain on your resources and time. I could see it having a cost to redo them but having to spend the time to lvl them is very annoying.
2. The new maps I do not agree with. they are too closed in making it a major melee battle. I can see how this can be used to make the battles move along faster but it takes away some the tactics of maneuvering. I also believe this gives a bit advantage to the wolf since they can reach you from almost anywhere and with 2 attacks they own close quarters. It also give less value to ranged units in my opinion.
3. I feel like the Humans are always getting the short end of the stick with each patch. even thou i am playing undead most of the time i like how the humans can work well but now with all the nerfs they seem kind of worthless.

hope this helps and keep doing a good job.

Hod

PostThu Mar 13, 2014 8:38 am

After playing a little bit, I too agree that this is the most balanced version I have played yet. I was a little nervous before as a result of all the lion players early comments but am glad to see a lot of people now discussing how balanced it is, because I too agree. It's always nice when things start to come together with the armies because it means the focus can now start to switch to new armies and levels.

Good job devs with the new patch. Now just get rid of those invisible walls :D
Hod's CoolMiniOrNot Gallery

Useful links:
Mirror 1 AP army calculator (by Hod): http://www.dogsofwar.co.nf/
Mirror 2 AP army calculator (by Hod): http://www.dogsofwar.eu.pn/

Dragon_Warrior

PostThu Mar 13, 2014 11:56 am

Hod wrote:After playing a little bit, I too agree that this is the most balanced version I have played yet. I was a little nervous before as a result of all the lion players early comments but am glad to see a lot of people now discussing how balanced it is, because I too agree. It's always nice when things start to come together with the armies because it means the focus can now start to switch to new armies and levels.

Good job devs with the new patch. Now just get rid of those invisible walls :D

to be honest i dont remember both Lion and Wolfen player happy about changes :P

while some of their nerfs was ok - rest was classic overnerf (sparkling 5 nerfs instead of 1-2, Mage 2 big nerfs instead of one and smaller, Crossbowman - with 0.10 price and even lowered stats, Lowered STR of Grave Guardian and only small cost decreese to PoB ... and once again Lonewollf with primal nerfed instead of Rage)
ign: Draconnor, Cynwall player, 23 years in computer games, 14 years in battle games, 8 years in Confrontation Universe, 4 years of making own battle games.

Lima

PostThu Mar 13, 2014 4:21 pm

You guys are actually ok with the new deployment system/maps?

Dragon_Warrior

PostThu Mar 13, 2014 4:57 pm

no way that i can accept both HtH combat and range for a spells in first turn of game.
ign: Draconnor, Cynwall player, 23 years in computer games, 14 years in battle games, 8 years in Confrontation Universe, 4 years of making own battle games.

isgFaceless

PostThu Mar 13, 2014 7:10 pm

Lima wrote:You guys are actually ok with the new deployment system/maps?

I'm okay with most of the things in the new patch. Deployment isn't one of them.
"I drink the bottle marked POISON on the off-chance that it's the extra-healing potion."

Hod

PostThu Mar 13, 2014 7:30 pm

Lima wrote:You guys are actually ok with the new deployment system/maps?

I'd say the invisible walls is all I'm not cool with.

Like I've said before, if you don't want to be deployed right next to the enemy, deploy in the back. Allowing the players to deploy in the middle doesn't bother me. I play defensive so it gets them to me quicker. Deploy like turn 1 will be eventful.
Hod's CoolMiniOrNot Gallery

Useful links:
Mirror 1 AP army calculator (by Hod): http://www.dogsofwar.co.nf/
Mirror 2 AP army calculator (by Hod): http://www.dogsofwar.eu.pn/

Dragon_Warrior

PostSun Mar 16, 2014 6:37 pm

Patch 0.12.9 Changelog
COMBAT

im wrong or Lion of War was ninja-nerfed from TOU6 to TOU5 in this patch also?

Deep Blue

PostSun Mar 16, 2014 10:41 pm

Dragon_Warrior wrote:
Patch 0.12.9 Changelog
COMBAT

i think it has been always at 5
Closed beta tester - Ram & Wolf player

Useful links:
AP army calculator (by Hod): http://dogsofwar.eu.pn/

Dragon_Warrior

PostMon Mar 17, 2014 12:43 am

Deep Blue wrote:
Dragon_Warrior wrote:
Patch 0.12.9 Changelog
COMBAT

i think it has been always at 5

So i made mistake in my notes simply? :P
i wrote down all previous patch stats - but handwriting is not exactly certain as i see ;)

although making it 6 would prevent two hiting them by the gargoyles with are currently terribly brutal against lions with FEAR 13-14 Vs lions small WILL and DAM suficient to kill them with one offensive even without charge (stun). Its situation close to 0.10 Crossbowman with STR 15+Accurate able to kill many low Def units in one activation.
Previous

Return to News