It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:55 pm

About the beta so far and the upcoming Patch

Let's talk about official announcements.
  • Author

Deuzerre

Re: About the beta so far and the upcoming Patch

PostFri Feb 14, 2014 6:56 pm

Yeah, in 400 they're kinda OK, at least for the Worg. I am yet to face a Likeness of the Chimera and only faced a Golem once, and the only "OP" thing about it was its ability to run 8 squares, which was quite silly for such a tough+powerful unit.

Jigoku

Site Admin

PostFri Feb 14, 2014 7:07 pm

Deep Blue wrote:other than that i wonder if you fixed the issue of 200 AP players enjoying to farm newly made companies / beginners. This is also a serious issue that scares people away.

Well, we made many changes to matchmaking in that sense.

It might not prevent totally the newbie farmers behaviors, but we hope that it will help (a lot).
It is now much more likely that the top 20 players will meet each other instead of the bottom of the bracket and / or the low guild rank players.

But we are still actively working on other solutions, so even if our changes did fix the problem completely, we'd still like to add one thing or two that would stimulate the players to explore higher brackets instead of staying in the 200 AP bracket.

About Divine Favor and Favorable Auspices, no worries.
I think you will like the "new" Divine Favor more ; Favorable Auspices is still pretty good, just not "completely broken" as it used to be in certain sets. Bad Omen was originally changed to mirror the Favorable Auspices changes, but we came to like it more, and think that it's more fair that way.
Dogs of War Online - Game Designer

skydancer

PostFri Feb 14, 2014 9:45 pm

Very nice and fast change by the devs i'm really curious to se all that changes online.

Whati think could help a lot the newbs farming could be :
1) Allora ranked match just at 400 and 800.
2) Maybe implement ELO rating for ranking instead of point.

But let's see patch by patch how to improve the game. Step by step :P
~ work in progress ~

Deep Blue

PostFri Feb 14, 2014 10:14 pm

skydancer wrote:Very nice and fast change by the devs i'm really curious to se all that changes online.

Whati think could help a lot the newbs farming could be :
1) Allora ranked match just at 400 and 800.
2) Maybe implement ELO rating for ranking instead of point.

But let's see patch by patch how to improve the game. Step by step :P

just noticed i wrote this few mins ago in another post :) they should for sure put extra rewards for higher AP matches. Even a low chance (5%) of getting a random color will make me happy ;D

Narrowing the brackets to only 2 that provide rank points will make the game more interesting and focused, allowing also a casual format for players (300 AP). 200 AP should be removed as it does not show enough of the game to be interesting (3/2 units battles are not fun because there is a higher luck factor and you dont want to showcase that aspect too much)

Personally i think that splitting the game providing hard core content and casual content can be quite beneficial
Closed beta tester - Ram & Wolf player

Useful links:
AP army calculator (by Hod): http://dogsofwar.eu.pn/

Deuzerre

PostFri Feb 14, 2014 11:11 pm

Basically "Non-ranked" 200-300-400-800
And "Ranked" 400-800 to chose from, right?

It's true there are different kinds of people around, some will play to win and rank, and they shouldn't mix up with "not ranked" players, generally. Not the same way of playing.

Rodi

PostSat Feb 15, 2014 12:33 am

Since the AP and skills of many units will be changed... I hope you already have this planned, but please reset the chosen skills on our units so we can build them again according to the all changes in the new patch. A unit´s build is one of the most important aspects of the game, we need to carefully build each unit to make our team for each bracket.

Yh-Decarcassor

PostSat Feb 15, 2014 1:05 am

Legulysse wrote:Concerning the problems with draws and "cowards", it's in our top priorities, but we can't fix everything at the same time. We intend to do something as soon as possible.

To me the so called "cowards" issue as more to do with the current game modes not giving a losing player any other options. Sometimes you just can't win anymore, but there are still a few turns to go and you don't want your remaining guys to get injured. ;)

William

PostSat Feb 15, 2014 1:32 am

Rodi wrote:Since the AP and skills of many units will be changed... I hope you already have this planned, but please reset the chosen skills on our units so we can build them again according to the all changes in the new patch. A unit´s build is one of the most important aspects of the game, we need to carefully build each unit to make our team for each bracket.

I agree with this 100%

Char1220

PostSat Feb 15, 2014 2:36 am

Yes please reset AP for our units or this will be just terrible.

skydancer

PostSat Feb 15, 2014 2:55 am

I think their going to reset as happen in all closed beta patch. You could pick up again every skill.
~ work in progress ~
PreviousNext

Return to News