It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 3:15 am


Faithful Ram Army

A place where you can talk about your strategies
  • Author
  • Message
Offline
User avatar

isgFaceless

  • Posts: 29
  • Joined: Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:27 pm
  • Location: Plano, TX

Faithful Ram Army

PostWed Mar 12, 2014 9:26 pm

Here is my Acherus Company.

Alpha Legion

398/400 AP

Black Paladin – Level 4 (108 AP)
Occult Erosion
• Exalted
• Exhausting Touch


Priest of Salauel – Level 5 (127 AP)
Inversion
• Exalted
• Spiritual Aggression
• Enlightened


3x Skeleton Warrior - Level 3 (41 AP[123 AP])
Hard-boiled
• Martyr


Skeleton Archer - Level 2 (40 AP)
Ferocious

UPDATED - v2

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's a couple videos with this build in action.


http://www.twitch.tv/isgfaceless/c/3881512

http://www.twitch.tv/isgfaceless/c/3881467

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This build focuses around your priest entirely, so make sure he is well guarded. For deployments, I like to group my 3 warriors in the front with the priest adjacent to all of them. If the enemy starts close enough to you the priest can get some Faith points early. If you can get 4 Faith, use Martyr then Order: Tide of the Dead! to start off with a double Spiritual Aggression.

Only use martyr if you know you'll be able to hit an enemy unit or if you need the extra Faith to make a good play as Faith dissipates after the Turn ends.

Use your Paladin to Exhaust big hitters, but don't Exhaust any unit with Ferocious. Also, don't kill an Exhausted enemy unless it is 4 hexagons away from another enemy unit so it will transfer over. Your Archer is great for poking large enemies and taking out damaged units that are running away.

Author's note: I will be posting my Lion army on Saturday to see what everyone thinks after the new patch.

I want to give thanks to Deep Blue for helping me with my current build. Thank you!
Last edited by isgFaceless on Fri Mar 14, 2014 4:01 am, edited 15 times in total.
"I drink the bottle marked POISON on the off-chance that it's the extra-healing potion."
Offline
User avatar

Dragon_Warrior

  • Posts: 1054
  • Joined: Sun Dec 08, 2013 7:40 pm

Re: Faithful Ram Army

PostWed Mar 12, 2014 9:38 pm

This will give my priest more nuke but I’m not sure if removing an archer would be worth it in the long run.

so its better to swap lev 3 priest for another to archers or 2-3 warriors

priest needs lev 4-5 to be effective - especialy on lev 5 when he have option to cast aggresion twice - while im not sure if you have enough cover for him on current maps.
ign: Draconnor, Cynwall player, 23 years in computer games, 14 years in battle games, 8 years in Confrontation Universe, 4 years of making own battle games.
Image
Offline
User avatar

isgFaceless

  • Posts: 29
  • Joined: Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:27 pm
  • Location: Plano, TX

Re: Faithful Ram Army

PostWed Mar 12, 2014 9:58 pm

Dragon_Warrior wrote:
This will give my priest more nuke but I’m not sure if removing an archer would be worth it in the long run.

so its better to swap lev 3 priest for another to archers or 2-3 warriors

priest needs lev 4-5 to be effective - especialy on lev 5 when he have option to cast aggresion twice - while im not sure if you have enough cover for him on current maps.

I'm trying to weigh my options.

1. I can take out the priest altogether and get 2 level 2 Skeleton Warriors with Hard-boiled with 9AP to spare.
2. I can take out 1 archer and take level 4 Priest.
3. I can take out Black Paladin, get level 4 Priest, bump both necros to lvl 3, take 2 archers, and 2 warriors with hard-boiled.
"I drink the bottle marked POISON on the off-chance that it's the extra-healing potion."
Offline
User avatar

Deep Blue

  • Posts: 844
  • Joined: Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:46 pm

Re: Faithful Ram Army

PostWed Mar 12, 2014 10:15 pm

personally the priest cannot stay at lvl 3, especially exalted talent seems pretty wasted (altough i agree having a bigger faith area can be interesting). I would remove the priest and focus on the somatic transfer paladin route. I would assign the priests point into:

-put the two necros up to level 3. If you keep them healer go for mastery of the arcana or else the heal might be tricky (it really sucks when it fails!). If your aim is to summon lot of puppets only, go for morbid explosion and recovery.
- putting one martyr+hardboiled skeleton as you can have the somatic transfer active regardless of the enemy.
Closed beta tester - Ram & Wolf player

Useful links:
AP army calculator (by Hod): http://dogsofwar.eu.pn/
Offline
User avatar

isgFaceless

  • Posts: 29
  • Joined: Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:27 pm
  • Location: Plano, TX

Re: Faithful Ram Army

PostWed Mar 12, 2014 10:29 pm

Deep Blue wrote:-put the two necros up to level 3. If you keep them healer go for mastery of the arcana or else the heal might be tricky (it really sucks when it fails!). If your aim is to summon lot of puppets only, go for morbid explosion and recovery.
- putting one martyr+hardboiled skeleton as you can have the somatic transfer active regardless of the enemy.

How's this:

Black Paladin – Level 4 (106 AP)
Occult Erosion
• Exalted
• Somatic Transfer


2x Necromancer – Level 3 (76 AP [152 total])
Respite of the Dead
Mastery of the Arcana

Skeleton Warrior - Level 3 (41 AP)
Hard-boiled
• Martyr


3x Skeleton Archer – Level 1 (31 AP [93 AP total])

UPDATE: I could actually take out an Archer and one of the necros and add a level 4 priest in this build
"I drink the bottle marked POISON on the off-chance that it's the extra-healing potion."
Offline

Vahire

  • Posts: 68
  • Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2014 11:13 am

Re: Faithful Ram Army

PostWed Mar 12, 2014 10:41 pm

With lvl 3 priest /lvl 3 necros and lvl 1 archer you got nothing to deal with elits/legendary units.Get at least one lvl 2 archer with ferocious,else playing against a skull war/kotl/pob would be troublesome and a golem lvl 3 would mean an instant loose/draw at best for you.

And with 2 nec not having the hard nuke,you really lack some damages.
Offline
User avatar

Deep Blue

  • Posts: 844
  • Joined: Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:46 pm

Re: Faithful Ram Army

PostWed Mar 12, 2014 11:13 pm

Vahire wrote:With lvl 3 priest /lvl 3 necros and lvl 1 archer you got nothing to deal with elits/legendary units.Get at least one lvl 2 archer with ferocious,else playing against a skull war/kotl/pob would be troublesome and a golem lvl 3 would mean an instant loose/draw at best for you.

And with 2 nec not having the hard nuke,you really lack some damages.


the best shot would be actually to have putrefaction as it is a bit easier to insert (just 9 AP). -2 TOU per turn is a lot and it has sinergy with the puppets as they will basically hit harder. I think a priest requires a totally different build.

for the records a build i plan to use now focused on priest:

1x priest lvl 5 (transfer+spiritual aggression+exalted+enlightnement) --> oneshot with spiritual aggression most units in the game
3x skeleton warrior lvl 3 ( hardboiled+martyr) --> 6 faith per turn enable 2x spiritual aggression every turn easily
2x archers lvl 1
1x necro lvl 4 (mastery+respite+putrefaction)

or alternatively if you really like the pala and fear so much the legendaries:

1x priest lvl 5 (same configuration)
3x skeleton warriors lvl 3 (same configuration)
1x archer lvl 2 (ferocious)
1x pala lvl 4 (exalted+occult erosion+somatic transfer/exausting touch)
Closed beta tester - Ram & Wolf player

Useful links:
AP army calculator (by Hod): http://dogsofwar.eu.pn/
Offline
User avatar

isgFaceless

  • Posts: 29
  • Joined: Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:27 pm
  • Location: Plano, TX

Re: Faithful Ram Army

PostWed Mar 12, 2014 11:52 pm

Deep Blue wrote:
Vahire wrote:With lvl 3 priest /lvl 3 necros and lvl 1 archer you got nothing to deal with elits/legendary units.Get at least one lvl 2 archer with ferocious,else playing against a skull war/kotl/pob would be troublesome and a golem lvl 3 would mean an instant loose/draw at best for you.

And with 2 nec not having the hard nuke,you really lack some damages.


the best shot would be actually to have putrefaction as it is a bit easier to insert (just 9 AP). -2 TOU per turn is a lot and it has sinergy with the puppets as they will basically hit harder. I think a priest requires a totally different build.

for the records a build i plan to use now focused on priest:

1x priest lvl 5 (transfer+spiritual aggression+exalted+enlightnement) --> oneshot with spiritual aggression most units in the game
3x skeleton warrior lvl 3 ( hardboiled+martyr) --> 6 faith per turn enable 2x spiritual aggression every turn easily
2x archers lvl 1
1x necro lvl 4 (mastery+respite+putrefaction)

or alternatively if you really like the pala and fear so much the legendaries:

1x priest lvl 5 (same configuration)
3x skeleton warriors lvl 3 (same configuration)
1x archer lvl 2 (ferocious)
1x pala lvl 4 (exalted+occult erosion+somatic transfer/exausting touch)

This is actually very interesting, thanks. I'm just trying to remodel my company to compete at top level so I'm grateful for all the input :)
"I drink the bottle marked POISON on the off-chance that it's the extra-healing potion."
Offline
User avatar

Deep Blue

  • Posts: 844
  • Joined: Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:46 pm

Re: Faithful Ram Army

PostThu Mar 13, 2014 8:47 am

i add some sinergies on my second build (the one with pala + priest):

hardboiled + somatic = super though skeleton warriors
hardboiled + e-touch = your skeletons basically ignore the damage.
hardboiled + martyr = 4 hp cost instead of 6

the build plays a bit like the previous "nuker mage" lion build, but is just meaner :D im fairly sure it can go to the top easily as you will obliterate legendaries.

Golem -> use priest vs the support units first (which will be oneshotted in 1 turn btw) -> e-touch on it when alone -> watch opponent concede.

Chimera -> occult erosion lock + spiritual aggression , oh the pain.

Worg -> a bit trickier as im sure it will rush for the priest. Usually the priest can cast spiritual aggression twice on him, dealing 24 damage (i think) before dying. Notice your base units will deal decent damage anyway (even the hardboiled skeletons) as the worg TOU isn't the highest....so probably you can win by surrounding him with the basic units. In that case i would prioritize the worg over the support units.
Closed beta tester - Ram & Wolf player

Useful links:
AP army calculator (by Hod): http://dogsofwar.eu.pn/
Offline
User avatar

Dragon_Warrior

  • Posts: 1054
  • Joined: Sun Dec 08, 2013 7:40 pm

Re: Faithful Ram Army

PostThu Mar 13, 2014 9:10 am

easily as you will obliterate legendaries.

Legendaries was always a piece of cake for most of Ram armies ;P

now when big guys are more popular - you indeed have lot of fun with that

and about Chimera - Erosion + Exhausting is so hard counter that a point harder would additionaly burn the PC of your opponent ;P
ign: Draconnor, Cynwall player, 23 years in computer games, 14 years in battle games, 8 years in Confrontation Universe, 4 years of making own battle games.
Image
Next

Return to Strategy Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron