It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:39 pm

Tips on "How to defeat an Acheron Golem lvl1-3"

A place where you can talk about your strategies
  • Author

Dragon_Warrior

Re: Tips on "How to defeat an Acheron Golem lvl1-3"

PostSun Mar 02, 2014 12:07 pm

As lions, I've fought the golem in the 400 AP bracket several times. Each time, it was actually the first unit in the game to fall, as I spent the first few turns using my favorable auspises archer to wear it down

So it was Golem Lev 1-2.
after hard boiled i wish good luck with the lion archers :P
ign: Draconnor, Cynwall player, 23 years in computer games, 14 years in battle games, 8 years in Confrontation Universe, 4 years of making own battle games.

Almanro

PostSun Mar 02, 2014 3:11 pm

After Hard Boiled you still do 4 damage x turn (8 with offensive stance) if the archers have the Accuracy ability. I think they can also do even more damage with Aim if they are lvl3. I just played the other day with my lvl3 Golem against an enemy with a Valk lvl4 and 2 archers lvl2-3 and, as I said in my first post, it was a complete one-sided game: before my Golem could approach them it was already at 40 HP (4+4+8+4) and the turn after it was hit for another 12 HP (I think he used double shoot once), surrounded and finished by an Incarnation of Justice with 30HP damage. In total he did only one attack against the Valk and killed a grunt that the enemy used ti slow it down and that ended it...

Hod

PostMon Mar 03, 2014 10:01 pm

So I just played my first Golem who was Lvl 3. I have 3 Archers (Lvl 1) and 1 Necro (Lvl 4, with Wave of Death). I also had a Black Paladin and Priest, but they did nothing. The problem I had was that to get my archers close enough to hit, I had to put them in running range of the Golem, so the next turn he would charge them. On the next turn, if he went first, he'd attack them and they'd almost be dead so when I fled, they died 80% of the time. If I went first, I'd flee and 80% of the time, he'd get a swipe in and almost kill them, but I couldn't get them out of his running range. The only guy who did any real damage to the Golem was my Necro with his Death Wave. It has a long distance and a lot of damage (and always hits).

Still at the end of the game, his Golem had only lost half his life and I was fleeing with a Necro and Black Paladin. So it turned out a Draw. That sucker just takes damage so slowly and deals it out so much. If you don't have ranged, it's over. I had four ranged, that I never had within ten hexagons of each other (so he could only deal with one at a time) and I still could only take half his life.

I don't know if he's unbalanced since I only played him once, but I think he should possibly cost more AP. This guy had a Lvl 3 Necro and two Lvl 1 Skeleton Warriors which I had to deal with first, before I could even focus on the Golem. I think if you had an army made to beat Golems, you could do it, but who builds an army just for that.
Hod's CoolMiniOrNot Gallery

Useful links:
Mirror 1 AP army calculator (by Hod): http://www.dogsofwar.co.nf/
Mirror 2 AP army calculator (by Hod): http://www.dogsofwar.eu.pn/

Deep Blue

PostMon Mar 03, 2014 11:50 pm

Hod wrote:So I just played my first Golem who was Lvl 3. I have 3 Archers (Lvl 1) and 1 Necro (Lvl 4, with Wave of Death). I also had a Black Paladin and Priest, but they did nothing. The problem I had was that to get my archers close enough to hit, I had to put them in running range of the Golem, so the next turn he would charge them. On the next turn, if he went first, he'd attack them and they'd almost be dead so when I fled, they died 80% of the time. If I went first, I'd flee and 80% of the time, he'd get a swipe in and almost kill them, but I couldn't get them out of his running range. The only guy who did any real damage to the Golem was my Necro with his Death Wave. It has a long distance and a lot of damage (and always hits).

Still at the end of the game, his Golem had only lost half his life and I was fleeing with a Necro and Black Paladin. So it turned out a Draw. That sucker just takes damage so slowly and deals it out so much. If you don't have ranged, it's over. I had four ranged, that I never had within ten hexagons of each other (so he could only deal with one at a time) and I still could only take half his life.

I don't know if he's unbalanced since I only played him once, but I think he should possibly cost more AP. This guy had a Lvl 3 Necro and two Lvl 1 Skeleton Warriors which I had to deal with first, before I could even focus on the Golem. I think if you had an army made to beat Golems, you could do it, but who builds an army just for that.

did the archers have ferocious? other than that...you were lucky that all spells were succesful :) Probably exausting touch is the best spell for it as it is useful also for other situations...obviously your pala must go around with a skeleton with martyr :D

Wolven have a much harder life vs that guy as harassment stance with ferocious is the only option to deal with it in an efficient manner. My best shot as a wolven was surrounding him with all i had and making my Grave guardian with ylia's wrath deal damage. Unfortunately i ran out of wolven at some point and i had to flee with my remaining one for the draw. In a way the golem is very strong but winning with it is quite challenging :D
Closed beta tester - Ram & Wolf player

Useful links:
AP army calculator (by Hod): http://dogsofwar.eu.pn/
Previous

Return to Strategy Forum