It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:13 pm

"One of Everything" in lions

A place where you can talk about your strategies
  • Author

IConquer

"One of Everything" in lions

PostSat Feb 15, 2014 3:54 am

was pointed out to me that this subforum existed, which is odd because it didn't last time I checked. I'm simply reposting a thread of mine in the appropriate forum, asking for pointers on how I might improve this kind of composition.

Tinkering around with thoughts around comps, and thought it might be fun to see what kind of synergies you can get within an 800 AP comp, so I decided to mess with putting together an actual composition that uses 1 of every unit.

This is the preliminary result, and how I think each unit might be useful.

Swordsman - Offtank/support. Him + defensive stance and parry makes him about as hard to hit as the knight of the lion, or you can leave him in the back and use taunt to protect your softer units.
Base - 30
Level 2 - Parry - 3
Level 3 - Taunt - 4
Total - 37

Bowman of Alahan - Long range poke. This is obviously well known: with the valk, the archer starts doing significant damage to key targets from the start of the game. Accuracy and Aim increase this damage.
Base - 42
Level 2 - Accuracy - 11
Level 3 - Aim - 7
Total - 60

Magician of Alahan - Nukes! At a high level, simply using his basic spell twice leads to instant death for assassin units, and he also has massive AoE potential.
Base - 72
Level 2 - Seal of Dellar'n - 9
Level 3 - Mastery of the Arcana - 3(+10)
Level 4 - Chastisement of Light - 17
Level 5 - Focus - 8(+10)
Total - 129

Lion of War - This is an interesting unit to work with. Doesn't seem as good as the comparable units, but it seems like he's quite capable of doing his job when played right. This build I'm not entirely sure of, but it seems right for how you're supposed to use him. Because assassin is based on luck, implacable requires too perfect of a situation to take full advantage of, and I had AP constraints, I've only levelled him to level 2. The idea is to stay on the outlier portions of the map and look for something to pick off. His survival instinct increases the situations where you're willing to risk sending him in.
Base - 54
Level 2 - Survival Instinct - 13
Total - 67

Valkyrie of Azel - Support/Burst. Obviously good with the archer, but can also turn into the incarnation of justice with offensive stance to instantly take out half of a legendary or 3/4 of an elite unit. Good all-around support unit with extra utility.
Base - 49
Level 2 - Favorable Auspices - 5
Level 3 - Exalted - 2(+5)
Level 4 - Incarnation of Justice - 18
Level 5 - Master Fencer - 5(+10)
Total - 94

Sparkling of Light - Support/Support/Support. A decent all-around support unit. He can keep up with and do the job with the lion, he can accompany the mage and/or chimera and keep up their spellcasting, he can augment the heals of the valk or heal her himself. I hate not taking a level 3 sparkling in any comp that I can help it.
Base - 20
Level 2 - Evasion - 1
Level 3 - Healing - 10
Total - 31

Knight of the Lion - Tank. Period. Who doesn't use this guy? He's tough as nails. Because of AP constraints, and because having counterattack actively discourages their attacking you, I have left him at level 4. It's important to note that righteous also automatically gives him lion's strength whenever the enemy has fear.
Base - 89
Level 2 - Parry - 3
Level 3 - knockout strike - 5
Level 4 - righteous - 4
Total - 101

Likeness of the Chimera - Definitely a big unit. I think it'll be interesting to see how this unit fares while being supported by literally everything. I like strength of virtue because it bumps the damage of your assassin on a key turn, it gives a very big boost to your Valkyrie in general, and if it can cast on the chimera herself(not sure about this), that's a very big damage total.
Base - 236
Level 2 - Pillar of Energy - 15
Level 3 - Righteous - 4(+10)
Level 4 - Strength of Virtue - 16
Total - 281

Army total - 800

I'm pretty happy with this comp, but I think I would have to try it out before I judge it at all, and I've still got around 20,000 ducats to grind out before I can finish it... not including some units I'd have to re-buy to fit these builds, as well as the levels I'd have to gain for those units, including the chimera.

Other than that, I'm looking for additional options. How advantageous it would be to swap out units for different units, and why I might be an idiot for trying to throw everything into one comp.

Deep Blue

Re: "One of Everything" in lions

PostSat Feb 15, 2014 7:33 am

unless they changed that last patch Strenght of virtue can be cast on chimera. Pillar of energy can't (only allies are affected)
Closed beta tester - Ram & Wolf player

Useful links:
AP army calculator (by Hod): http://dogsofwar.eu.pn/

Dragon_Warrior

PostSat Feb 15, 2014 8:10 am

Pillar of energy can't (only allies are affected)

Healing from Pilar - includes Chimera herself.

i dont have her now but i played with few - each one with Pilar ;)
ign: Draconnor, Cynwall player, 23 years in computer games, 14 years in battle games, 8 years in Confrontation Universe, 4 years of making own battle games.

Deep Blue

PostSun Feb 16, 2014 5:22 pm

Dragon_Warrior wrote:
Pillar of energy can't (only allies are affected)

Healing from Pilar - includes Chimera herself.

i dont have her now but i played with few - each one with Pilar ;)

uhm this is interesting because it states "allies" like the valkyrie Luminous remission or sparkling heal that works only on allies and not on themselves. This is a typo or not working as intended. Does the other skill - which i cant read the name in game - also works on chimera (PAR+2 / regen 1) ?
Closed beta tester - Ram & Wolf player

Useful links:
AP army calculator (by Hod): http://dogsofwar.eu.pn/

Dragon_Warrior

PostMon Feb 17, 2014 12:42 am

never though about testing guardian angel on chimera herself ;D
so i dont knew - and i was only newn to me player ever choosing this spell ;)
ign: Draconnor, Cynwall player, 23 years in computer games, 14 years in battle games, 8 years in Confrontation Universe, 4 years of making own battle games.

IConquer

PostMon Feb 17, 2014 8:05 am

Well... since people don't have too much experience, it seems, I think I'll just go ahead and work towards this comp regardless. I don't really think it'll happen anytime soon, but I'll report back results.

Still, it's pretty cool to think about these things. I've only got 10k before I can afford the chimera!

Does the other skill - which i cant read the name in game - also works on chimera (PAR+2 / regen 1) ?

Just noticed something in the description of this skill: "Cannot be cast on legendary units".
so no, doesn't work :(

Return to Strategy Forum