It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:07 pm

Questions (and suggestion) about skills

Submit here your topics for the Official Guide! / Soumettez ici vos topics pour le guide officiel !
  • Author

GardenOfSun

Questions (and suggestion) about skills

PostTue Apr 01, 2014 7:03 pm

I'd like to raise a point: could we start this guide endeavour by producing some extensive descriptions of what all the skills actually do? I'm referring in particular to the active skills certain units can get. For example I'm still not entirely sure how Assault Strike and Assault Fire work, and that's just out of the Wolf skills.

Also, still in preparation for the guide, could we post a sticky in the strategy forum, similar to the current one about damage tables, that explains how casting success rolls work? I mean, I assume it's still 80% - 5x[DIFF] + 5x[WIL], but since afaik it's not mentioned in the tutorials, I'm not totally sure.

Legulysse

Site Admin

Re: Questions (and suggestion) about skills

PostWed Apr 02, 2014 10:29 am

I confirm this is the base formula. The difficulty may be modified by caster/target stats for some skills, in which case it should be specified.
Concerning the sticky, a general sticky with all base formulas may be more useful ?
Dogs of War Online - Developper

GardenOfSun

Re: Questions (and suggestion) about skills

PostWed Apr 02, 2014 1:49 pm

It certainly would! Maybe we could integrate that with the damage table one.

Regarding the skills, can anyone else provide a description of what they do? At least the ones I mentioned? Come on lads, let's not make the devs do all the work. :P

Return to Suggestions