It is currently Sun Jun 02, 2024 5:19 am

Sugestion and Balance Issues 0.13.02 by DW

• Author

Dragon_Warrior

Re: Sugestion and Balance Issues 0.13.02 by DW

PostMon Jul 07, 2014 6:24 am

Kelrys is imo ok - sacred armor and 60hp makes him a solid hth hero with implacable 2 and STR 14. Maybe his personal elixir skill is quite random but his order is really strong.
ign: Draconnor, Cynwall player, 23 years in computer games, 14 years in battle games, 8 years in Confrontation Universe, 4 years of making own battle games.

MhBlis

PostMon Jul 07, 2014 9:33 am

He really isn't. His defensive stats are pretty low and even a single range unit can deal serious damage to him before he becomes a real threat.

I know he is suppose to play more of a support roll for his army than the POB does but currently the low unit count of Wolves means you usually only have a single unit taking advantage of that.

It could come down to how I played him but swapping him for the POB was like night and day for competitiveness.

My easiest fix for the Worg was a speed bump but that has a fair danger to it. It really isn't the way I think it should be done.

Dragon_Warrior

PostMon Jul 07, 2014 11:21 pm

I played 5 games today with Work and lost only one...

maybe he is slower but
- 60hp
- 100% sure for no cricical hits killing him faster than expected
- Implacable 2 without spending elixir points ;)

Werid thing was that i didn't used his order even once - but for whole last week i used Ryskar order maybe twice.

i really like his implacable 2 + str 14

BTW - i really really wait for Chimera change... playing with all those newbie chimera nukers is annoying and even 3 rune guardians with middle way don't make me feel comfortable against her :P
ign: Draconnor, Cynwall player, 23 years in computer games, 14 years in battle games, 8 years in Confrontation Universe, 4 years of making own battle games.

Astralwyrm

PostTue Jul 08, 2014 12:21 am

For Wolfen setting up the charge is made more difficult by being a smaller group and never being able to get the last turn. Then theres the threat from ranged units if you leave your Wolfen out of cover so they can charge and the difficulty of getting any elixir in the early game depending on the map/opponent. /shrugs i might try to setup a group and see if i can come up with an efficient strategy...

MhBlis

PostTue Jul 08, 2014 6:52 am

I found the Fang bomb with a single hunter and harrasment stance archer worked really well with the POB. Play purely down one side of the map. If they come to contest against you roll them up if not try push into the back.

The problem was as usual you can only really compete for elixirs on one side of the map since you just don't have enough units to , kill enemy, grab elixirs and contest the zones.

Dragon_Warrior

PostTue Jul 08, 2014 10:24 pm

added some specific info about units (lions for today) in first post

Astralwyrm

PostTue Jul 08, 2014 11:29 pm

I don't agree with you on the bowman. T2 is by far the most effective of the 3 the lack of acc is outweighed by divine favor and auspice. The T2 does well later in the match as well when shots get fired at close targets. T3 isn't good enough considering it has to remain stationary to use Aim. T1 i'm not sure about, maybe -1 acc would be fair.

MhBlis

PostWed Jul 09, 2014 4:39 am

I'd have to sit down and give everything a good going over again but at first glance I disagree with a number of your choices. I will do this when I get home and get a chance some time later this week I hope.

The biggest is.
- You keep saying divine favor and Off stance with another tier is better but you only have so many of those to go around.

What I do agree with is.
- A few of the units you pointed out that their skills do not match with their design intention or their new stat profile.

Dragon_Warrior

PostWed Jul 09, 2014 6:17 am

T3 isn't good enough considering it has to remain stationary to use Aim.
If you cnt use aim you still have STR8 + Accuracy that is really devastating with both offensive and fire at will stance.

You keep saying divine favor and Off stance with another tier is better but you only have so many of those to go around.

2x Offensive/Divine/Defensive (+0-2 special) stances is mostly enough to make difference in first 3 turns that matters most. Indeed you cant buf horde of archers/other units with that but Im really against bands made of more than two bowmans.

about T2 archer - he is obviously made for Divine Favor so again - one such archer is enough...

ok ill change his color in first post.

Astralwyrm

PostWed Jul 09, 2014 12:17 pm

Part of it is that Fire at will equals 4 shots with Double Shot, i'm not sure if thats intended or not.

Dragon_Warrior wrote:To be honest making him stronger (both by str and acc) but Savage would fit conception better that for all war fury units

I can agree with that.
PreviousNext

Return to Suggestions