It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:29 pm

Sugestion and Balance Issues 0.13.02 by DW

• Author

Astralwyrm

Re: Sugestion and Balance Issues 0.13.02 by DW

PostTue Aug 05, 2014 7:31 pm

Guardians of Equilibrium are very efficient for their AP compared to other units. They are cheaper than just about all of the Magic focused dps units in the game, more versatile, more reliable, more mobile and tougher. They win hands down. There is no excuse for a GOE to be able to throw out a 7 damage spell every turn with little to no failed casting when Wolfen Master of Water, a unit 14 more ap than him has to wait between turns to do 10 damage at 2 less max range. Internal rage isn't all that reliable and melee wise the GOE has him beat too. GOE isn't savage either. Master Necromancers and Archmages aren't even close to being comparable, you hardly ever even see one of either of them let alone 2 or 3.

Dragon_Warrior

PostTue Aug 05, 2014 7:53 pm

The king wrote:3 guards of Eq is no more OP than 3 master necro or 3 archmage....

We welcome back - we still remember you saing that Chimera is normal hero - not even sliglty stronger tan the others :P

and i agree with Astralwyrm that Necro/Mage can cast 1 spell per 2 turns and still are glass cannons that can be annihilated by any hth unit (sparkling included) while GoE can alone handle any Assault unit.
ign: Draconnor, Cynwall player, 23 years in computer games, 14 years in battle games, 8 years in Confrontation Universe, 4 years of making own battle games.

phil413ican

PostTue Aug 05, 2014 8:01 pm

I agree with Dragon and Astralwyrm about the GoE. They are very effective for their points. (The "master necro" is 75 AP and the Lion's "archmage" is 79 AP compared to the 65 AP of the GoE.) In my opinion the problem is they are almost a requirement for a good wolf build at the moment. I think that is an issue with the game right now. We have all of these units but there are usually only a few that are really worth their AP, or some like the GoE that make the others seem far over priced. I think some AP adjustments, especially for most of the higher tier units, is in order. This would give more viable build options and add to diversity. If I see wolves I'm assuming they have 3 GoE.

The king

PostTue Aug 05, 2014 10:00 pm

maybe thats whats wrong with all of you. you dont see 2 or more master necro. why? u never see 2 or more arch mage... why?

idk if i pioneered the 3 GoE build or not.... but no matter what race u are, efficient use of your mages is a must. they are the DPS. want more DPS? drop friggen archers and use more mages.... quit building these rediculous zerg teams and build a team with a few powerful units that can support/chain. find the synergies! they are there. All mages can have their faith charged up by another unit some way, so the 1 attack every two turns is mute.

and i still dont regard the previous chimera as OP.... i dealt with her fine. but maybe thats just me adapting instead of whining about OP.

still blows me away.... GOE are OP.... but nuke sparks is what?

Dragon_Warrior

PostTue Aug 05, 2014 11:08 pm

GoE are simply to powerfull against assault units as for ranged damage dealers...
Tou 13 + auto hitting ranged attack + normal HtH stats is more than for any other unit and most important - its hard to find any cost efficient counter to GoE.

aybe thats whats wrong with all of you. you dont see 2 or more master necro. why? u never see 2 or more arch mage... why?

because they have Tou 5 instead 13, have higher cost and can cast spell only once per two turns without an option to follow spell by a charge? And also no harrasing included.
ign: Draconnor, Cynwall player, 23 years in computer games, 14 years in battle games, 8 years in Confrontation Universe, 4 years of making own battle games.

phil413ican

PostTue Aug 05, 2014 11:50 pm

Pretty much what Dragon said... Also I don't think anyone is "whining" just stating our opinions about the game and the units. Its Beta, that is what we are suppose to do to help the developers improve the game. We obviously like the game and want to see it succeed. Else we would not waste our time playing it or writing on this board.

Astralwyrm

PostWed Aug 06, 2014 9:29 am

Dark Invokers are probably the closest to being as efficient as GOE. They have good synergistic value with Kerberos and Tide of the dead. They can take down defensive walls with a bombardment of morbid explosions and they can blow up any skeleton units you control when it's worth it. Only issue is that when i play it often when Kerberos goes down all my units go down to bring him back up ^^';;

Dragon_Warrior

PostWed Aug 06, 2014 9:50 am

Dark Invokers are probably the closest to being as efficient as GOE.

but still they can be killed without bigger problem - and shielding them isn't so easy

Astralwyrm

PostWed Aug 06, 2014 11:19 am

They are frail yeah. The Master of Water being a lot better at what it does would help keep them in check more. Lion Archers can pick them off easy if there isn't any available heavy cover, though you can always use Kerberos. =P

The king

PostWed Aug 06, 2014 3:42 pm

master necro's range is what makes him so powerful. middle way could never protect the GoE's due to the range being equal... meaning hes almost guaranteed to cast into the middle way to nuke someone. he doesnt need TOU... he can nuke u from a mile away....
PreviousNext

Return to Suggestions