It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:19 pm

Sugestion and Balance Issues 0.13.02 by DW

• Author

phil413ican

Re: Sugestion and Balance Issues 0.13.02 by DW

PostFri Aug 22, 2014 3:53 pm

I think the problem is in that there are a few units that are just too good for their cost while most of the others are over priced. So to have a good build there are really only a few choices for each faction at the moment. I think the under utilized units could have AP adjustments to make them more viable and then see about increasing the cost of a few units like the sparks and the GoE. Both changes should help to make other units more attractive. I know there are a lot of units in each faction I would never use because they are just way over priced. (Most of tier 3.)

I too would like to see more diversity in builds, fighting the same Lion, Ram, or Wolf army every time does get old on the 3 maps we have right now...

Dragon_Warrior

PostFri Aug 22, 2014 5:03 pm

and its exacly why i made this thread :P

because fixing only part of the units won't change much... fixing GoE alone will make wolfens much weaker as a whole facion, while nerfing sparks force lion player to use UP swordsmans.

So fixes should be implemented at least in 'pairs' like nerfing or limiting Sparkling of Flash + archer spam abusing but fixing Swordsmans to be more stand alone units at the same time.
At the same time GoE strone nerf should be applied with fix of hunters, T3 lonewolf and T3 Crossbow/GG fix.
ign: Draconnor, Cynwall player, 23 years in computer games, 14 years in battle games, 8 years in Confrontation Universe, 4 years of making own battle games.

Astralwyrm

PostFri Aug 22, 2014 6:01 pm

I'm agreeing with you DW. I just think that if they do it they should add in more units to choose from to make up for the tightening of the unit limit. So instead of 6 Servile Warriors you would have 3 Servile Warriors and a choice from other comparable/same tier Undead Warrior units.

phil413ican

PostSat Aug 23, 2014 2:35 am

Astral,
That was my point... if they adjust the AP of the underutilized units then we would be getting several other units to use and build more diverse armies. I think it kills two birds with one stone. Otherwise most of the upper tier units are just a waste of space.

I think we are all in agreement that more diversity will be better for the game and everyone playing it.

I'd suggest that the developers ask US which units we play regularly or avoid regularly when we are trying to win. Obviously if we are experimenting with units or builds that would not apply to this.

Astralwyrm

PostSat Aug 23, 2014 4:17 am

Your probably right, there are alot of units that don't seem to be used by players who know what they are doing. i could write out what units i use most/come up against most,

Wolfen:

Champions - Emerok and Ryskar, Ryskar is probably a more frequent opponent. edit: Or he was i've been seeing mostly just Emerok recently.
Troops-
Guardian of the Equilibrium- All the Wolfen players farming wins are using 3 of these. They have no drawbacks and they are very cheap for what they are. They are pretty much dominating the game.
Enchanter- Efficient versatile healer, though i think they are only so popular because of the current meta for Wolfen involves using tough GOE.
Fang Warriors- Cheap all-round units.
Reapers: Slow but durable.
Great Fang- When you have a bit more spare AP than a Fang Warrior these guys are a good choice for a bit of extra offense.

Ram:

Champions- Kerberos or Melmoth.
Troops-
Dark Invokers- They are good in all sorts of ways, probably too good and none of their big counters are used much right now. Unless you count GOE.
Imperturbable bowman- These guys are mean, even or especially in big numbers they do alot of damage.
Servile Warriors- Very cheap, though i've seen builds run more imperturbable bowman instead of them.
Gargoyle- Sometimes i will see a tracker Gargoyle or War Gargoyle in the enemy army.

Lions:

Champions- Silienne is probably the most used.
Troops-
Archers- i could be wrong but i don't feel any one archer is favoured over the other but some players like to use alot of them or two of them. Just today i went up against a 6 archer Arinius opponent x.x then i came up against the same player running Silienne instead. I actually lost the first match against Arinius because he managed to tear up too many of my melee units before i could really get going and i was using Chimera.
Valkyrie- Pretty often that i will see one or two of these when i face lions but not always.
Sparkling Flash- I've seen players running alot of these and they are quite effective.
Devotee of Azel- Unlikely that i ever see a match where they aren't among the enemy forces or among my group. Acc boost to archers is hard to pass up. Support Archers seem to be able to live without them but they can still be useful.
Assault Lion- Versatile Lion, makes good use of Fire at Will and Raise your Shield.
Soldier of Alahan- Taunt!
Familiar of Spark- Really good in a Chimera lead group, not too bad in other groups either if your running a mage.

I think actually the lions are probably the underdogs right now though i wouldn't say there is anything wrong with their champions. They just don't have any efficient units that do well against 3 GOE or 3 Dark Invoker Builds.

Astralwyrm

PostThu Aug 28, 2014 7:45 pm

Ranged Damage is the meta at the moment i think.

Dark invokers and imperturbable bowman - ranged.
Archers and Silienne - ranged.
Guardian of the Equilibrium and Emerok - Ranged/Melee Hybrid.

Assault units lack the ability to do what they are on the board to do... counter glass cannons. Wolfen Enchanters are Wolfen exclusive and they do a good job at mitigating damage of the current meta even if they are a coin flip. There aren't enough ranged counters or they aren't strong enough. Guaranteed ranged damage is what everyone is after and it comes too easily/cheaply. There aren't enough good pure melee units especially in the Ram and Lion armies.

Wolfen Crossbowman aren't part of the meta because they don't have the numbers or the acc boost of the other two armies. They are expensive and to get the most out of them you need to give up more ap to the Devotee of Yllia. Maybe Crossbowman should come down to 50-55 ap and Devotee of Yllia being rebuilt towards around 40 ap. Devotee of Yllia isn't bad but maybe he's a bit high ap cost for a unit who throws out a light buff and has so many to choose from. They could make him a monk or give the current Devotee of Yllia prodigy, i'm not sure if he has the faith level to support that but two buffs instead of one would help make him more efficient. Since he can only give out one yllia's wrath at a time, multicasts would mostly effect Yllia's Love and Mask of Ghandar.

Dragon_Warrior

PostThu Aug 28, 2014 9:58 pm

Assault units lack the ability to do what they are on the board to do... counter glass cannons.

Both War lion and Tracker are so easy to kill with magic attacks right now - especialy in GoE meta, but Danneran seals are also devastating to them.
ign: Draconnor, Cynwall player, 23 years in computer games, 14 years in battle games, 8 years in Confrontation Universe, 4 years of making own battle games.

phil413ican

PostFri Aug 29, 2014 2:04 am

Dragon_Warrior wrote:
Assault units lack the ability to do what they are on the board to do... counter glass cannons.

Both War lion and Tracker are so easy to kill with magic attacks right now - especialy in GoE meta, but Danneran seals are also devastating to them.

This is one of the reasons that the GoE are so strong right now. This is no strong counter to them... they are a bit tanky, have a melee and magic attack. You get a lot for their current AP cost.

Dragon_Warrior

PostFri Aug 29, 2014 11:03 am

GoE - have quite big chance to onehit (2+1 hit to be exact) WarLion while lion needs offensive stance to bring GoE to half HP (and get strong hit in return)...

maybe in case of assault units they should use their DOD stat instead TOU when hit by magic or something (if not full offensive magic immunity as active or passive skill for example - but not another 50% save )

Astralwyrm

PostSat Aug 30, 2014 8:00 pm

I'm not sure i don't think that magic bypassing their evasiveness is itself the issue, the number of Warrior Mages frequently on the battlefield sure doesn't help though. Or the Lion Archers firing into them with impunity thanks to all of their acc buffs. Maybe they could introduce some new Assault unit related attributes like an attribute that increases dodge against arrows when behind cover. Or an attribute/skill that increases spell difficult for mages within so many hexagons of the unit.
PreviousNext

Return to Suggestions