It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:18 pm

Sugestion and Balance Issues 0.13.02 by DW

• Author

Astralwyrm

Re: Sugestion and Balance Issues 0.13.02 by DW

PostWed Aug 06, 2014 5:58 pm

True but the GOE has a almost guaranteed successful cast where as Wave of Death often fails even with a full hp Master Necro. High priced mages need to be more reliable atleast at full hp, it use to be that reducing a mages health was a tactic to get them trip up whilst casting. Thats how it should be. Save powerful random based mages for where there is access to buffs to support those units properly like Lions maybe.

Dragon_Warrior

PostThu Aug 14, 2014 1:21 pm

i can conform once again that GoE are far to strong and though for their AP... while half of other wolfen unit is up.
ign: Draconnor, Cynwall player, 23 years in computer games, 14 years in battle games, 8 years in Confrontation Universe, 4 years of making own battle games.

Dragon_Warrior

PostThu Aug 21, 2014 11:08 am

its still possible to take 6 units of one type? I was convinced that it as fixed to 3 or 4 of same type
ign: Draconnor, Cynwall player, 23 years in computer games, 14 years in battle games, 8 years in Confrontation Universe, 4 years of making own battle games.

Astralwyrm

PostThu Aug 21, 2014 6:22 pm

They changed it from 10 to 6 a few patches ago, i don't recall any other changes to unit limits.

phil413ican

PostThu Aug 21, 2014 6:54 pm

Correct it is still a max of 6 of any type. So only six sparks, not 6 healing and six detonating sparks...

Dragon_Warrior

PostThu Aug 21, 2014 7:14 pm

i see but still 6x16ap sparks looks like abuse while 3+3+3 would be quite ok

Astralwyrm

PostThu Aug 21, 2014 8:44 pm

Honestly if restrictions go that far then there will only be very specific builds. Just imagine what that would do to a army like Mid'nor who focus on lots of low cost units. (They do focus on lots of low cost units right?)

Maybe it's time to fix Sparkling Flash if they are really so problematic. Give them an attribute that means they don't contribute to capture points or give them savage. either of them would be a start. If too many are using a unit too much, that unit needs to be nerfed or other units need to be buffed. The devs already tried restricting unit limits, if 6 isn't enough then they should balance the units themselves so that running so many of a single unit isn't so desireable. I think i've made up my mind on this, remove/or change back the unit limit and fix the problem units. Players will appreciate the freedom even if they don't choose to run 10 Sparklings because it makes them Hunter bait.

These restrictions are reducing player options to play the way they want to, it's clear that the Sparkling Flash issue hasn't just magically gone away by limiting how much you can abuse it. Because that unit is still a contentious topic and with increased elixir pops they just got a buff. No matter what is done players will exploit the best units limiting that doesn't fix that, those units are still the best. Personally i don't see sparkling flash as uber powerful but they are very efficient and perhaps because they are so cheap they should be less efficient than they are now.

Dragon_Warrior

PostFri Aug 22, 2014 6:26 am

I thing that you go with Mid-Nor problems too far ;)

Making quite numerous army needs first 2-3 units to be cheap in all their Tiers - nothing more.

While Sparkling of Flash is indeed little OP but in packs up to 3 its acceptable - especialy while Swordsmans (T1 and T2, T3 is more usefull but have cost almost same as Valkyrie and can be torn apart by Guardians of Equilibrium much too fast in current meta) are still much more UP than flashes are OP ;)

Astralwyrm

PostFri Aug 22, 2014 7:43 am

Well for me to agree to something like that they would need to atleast increase the number of troops we have right now by quite a bit. Beginner troops would need to be added to as well. If they don't do that i think the armies used would become much too similar and beginners would be really limited in their choices. Maybe it could be better to limit it by tier; 3 tier 1, 2 tier 2, 1 tier 3. It could be worth considering if only because there would be a bit more reason to add alot more troops into the game and so hopefully builds would be a bit more diverse.

I know i'm going to bring up card games again but yeah it would be kind of like that, where you have a limit on how many of a single card you can use. So you use other cards to stock up your deck that work similarly to that card or just really synergise well with what cards you have. With more different kinds of units theres also alot more flexibility for the armies to rely on. It does mean though that there would probably be even more different kinds of the same troop who don't really have any visual difference from each other without investigating them.

Dragon_Warrior

PostFri Aug 22, 2014 1:28 pm

but playing on 6 same units will be borring and not exacly tactical - even if perfectly balanced ;)
having 3+3+3 will be at least quasi interesting ;)
PreviousNext

Return to Suggestions