It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:43 pm

Sugestion and Balance Issues 0.13.02 by DW

• Author

Dragon_Warrior

Re: Sugestion and Balance Issues 0.13.02 by DW

PostSat Aug 02, 2014 11:33 pm

I'm not sure about the other War Fury Units but the War Gargoyle is actually really powerful especially against Wolfen.

I feel that any gargoyle with offensive stance works against wolfens - cheper ones are imo much more cost efficient while War Fury drawback lasting until end of turn is not confirmed being bug or feature yet ;)
ign: Draconnor, Cynwall player, 23 years in computer games, 14 years in battle games, 8 years in Confrontation Universe, 4 years of making own battle games.

Astralwyrm

PostSun Aug 03, 2014 9:14 am

Dragon_Warrior wrote:
I'm not sure about the other War Fury Units but the War Gargoyle is actually really powerful especially against Wolfen.

I feel that any gargoyle with offensive stance works against wolfens - cheper ones are imo much more cost efficient while War Fury drawback lasting until end of turn is not confirmed being bug or feature yet ;)

Maybe but then if you use War Gargoyle you still have Offensive stance to use on other units like Archers. War Fury's description says it lasts until the end of the turn. It's still displayed on the unit's list of active effects on the next turn which i think is the bug. Atleast going by the number of errors that would have been made it looks like War Fury is ment to end at the end of the turn.

Astralwyrm

PostTue Aug 05, 2014 8:04 am

I think the changes to Kill Outright made a big effect on Kelrys. He's a really slow champion compared to the other wolfen champions and he just doesn't really excel at anything.10% Kill Outright is just not enough for something that costs elixir and his elixir order doesn't make a great deal of difference to a battle either. Howl is ok but the acc bonus often gets unused. Compared to Emerok he really doesn't have much interaction on the battlefield and compared to Ryskar he isn't really capable of any massive game changing actions unless he gets very lucky.

Dragon_Warrior

PostTue Aug 05, 2014 10:25 am

I think the changes to Kill Outright made a big effect on Kelrys. He's a really slow champion compared to the other wolfen champions and he just doesn't really excel at anything

He may be slow but he have Implacable 2... that can really make a BIG difference against lions or wounded units (additionaly he can two hit full hp Sparkling).

Accompanied with Guardians of equilibrium or Crossbowmans he can kill more than half of enemy army alone.
ign: Draconnor, Cynwall player, 23 years in computer games, 14 years in battle games, 8 years in Confrontation Universe, 4 years of making own battle games.

Astralwyrm

PostTue Aug 05, 2014 12:12 pm

Dragon_Warrior wrote:
I think the changes to Kill Outright made a big effect on Kelrys. He's a really slow champion compared to the other wolfen champions and he just doesn't really excel at anything

He may be slow but he have Implacable 2... that can really make a BIG difference against lions or wounded units (additionaly he can two hit full hp Sparkling).

Accompanied with Guardians of equilibrium or Crossbowmans he can kill more than half of enemy army alone.

Implacable 2 isn't often something he can take advantage of though. Unless you run into a particularly bad player. Like i did manage to run through three hunters in one turn with him but running three hunters really isn't a sound tactic. He can help the Harpooner do some serious damage in some instances but the Harpooner is a massive sitting duck on the battlefield. He also has issues standing up to many other champions. Melmoth, Arinius, Silienne, Kerberos. Theres no reason that Emerok or Ryskar should lose to him either. He doesn't have Emerok's powerful healing or Ryskar's incredible mobility and versatility. He gets shot to bits by Archers very easily.

I'm not saying he can't be powerful but i've never felt recently there was a situation where Emerok or Ryskar weren't preferable over him.

Dragon_Warrior

PostTue Aug 05, 2014 1:12 pm

Theres no reason that Emerok or Ryskar should lose to him either. He doesn't have Emerok's powerful healing or Ryskar's incredible mobility and versatility. He gets shot to bits by Archers very easily.
Last month i played wolfen company with both him and Ryskar - propably equal number of games... and still was loosing only half games Vs unfixed chimera and all games after her fix ;P

Compared to Ryskar - Kelrys have bigger base STR that is great against lions, and can kill up to 4 units in one activation without spending elixir point - additionaly 60 hp with sacred armor is really good when you can be calm about his life.

And in games Vs Ryskar - engaging enemy hero with this killing machine was realy painfull to him :P

Im really afraid that adding him +1 Mov would make him to strong.

Imo at the time only (from heroes) Kain needs qute fast buff or better stance.
But i wait more for units balance or some new content ;)

Astralwyrm

PostTue Aug 05, 2014 2:24 pm

Well i was thinking more like giving him Commanding Shout, he is a Wolfen leader after all. Howl could use a buff, acc boost untill next activation and/or higher fear test. I've not once seen Howl cause fear in all my time of playing him. Just in general focus him a bit more in supporting the troops better.

Kain has all sorts of issues i know.

Dragon_Warrior

PostTue Aug 05, 2014 3:32 pm

owl could use a buff, acc boost untill next activation and/or higher fear test.

If you have 2 or more wolfen crossbowmans - howl is nice even now - not great - but usefull.

Dragon_Warrior

PostTue Aug 05, 2014 5:15 pm

Ok i saw Guardian of Equlibrium cluster from the other side and indeed they are op... clustered in group of 3 + additional GoE hero they are killing machines with 3+ attacks each turn with realy high Tou and resonable counterattacks... both Valkyries and Lions dies as soon they move close to such cluster.

The king

PostTue Aug 05, 2014 6:43 pm

3 guards of Eq is no more OP than 3 master necro or 3 archmage....
PreviousNext

Return to Suggestions