It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:19 am

Sugestion and Balance Issues 0.13.02 by DW

• Author

Astralwyrm

Re: Sugestion and Balance Issues 0.13.02 by DW

PostThu Jul 10, 2014 11:25 pm

T1 Lonewolf is the only reason Wolfen can compete with lions, i think that says it all about how important it is as a unit, when you run a smaller group of more powerful often melee centric units damage negation is important.

T3 Guardian of the Runes: I'm not sure what you mean by it being bugged, Mortal insolence protects the unit from all physical attacks aimed at him for the turn causing a parry and healing him. It's the same for Emerok.

Dragon_Warrior

PostFri Jul 11, 2014 6:26 am

T1 Lonewolf is the only reason Wolfen can compete with lions, i think that says it all about how important it is as a unit, when you run a smaller group of more powerful often melee centric units damage negation is important.

I never used T1 Lonewolf ve Lions and won many games against them, even one against current top Chimera abuser. Lonewolf is simply too random for my. He may be nice Vs one type of players that want to have 80% for everything... but Vs most of current rank its something or nothing at all.

T3 Guardian of the Runes: I'm not sure what you mean by it being bugged, Mortal insolence protects the unit from all physical attacks aimed at him for the turn causing a parry and healing him. It's the same for Emerok.

I remember a game when enemy guardian of the runes used Mortal Insolende and aster that parried all my attacks of opportunity and counteratttacks ;) while he is described as PAR 0 DOD 0 after using it - or meybe its abll becouse of werid 'animation' when MI is triggered as succesful parry and 10 hp are added a second latter. My point is that current Mortal insolence can be hardly abused by disengaging up to full hp.
ign: Draconnor, Cynwall player, 23 years in computer games, 14 years in battle games, 8 years in Confrontation Universe, 4 years of making own battle games.

Astralwyrm

PostFri Jul 11, 2014 12:09 pm

I don't know what you went up against but i can say with experience on both sides that most lion players will have two or three archers, 4 if they have Silienne. Even if it is random Ring of ice is a deterent, forcing your opponent to attack other units or contend with 50% negation. I'm not sure what unit you would use instead of a lonewolf? Do you deal with archers early on? Do you use Emerok and his order/skills?

Mortal insolence has always worked that way, as far as i know stats have never come into it. Maybe thats broken i don't know but it definitely is strong more often because the opponent makes the mistake of attacking a unt with the effect up. Part of the reason it is so strong is why it can only be used once in a battle.

Dragon_Warrior

PostFri Jul 11, 2014 1:12 pm

I'm not sure what unit you would use instead of a lonewolf? Do you deal with archers early on? Do you use Emerok and his order/skills?

50% for canceling an attack is realny nothing that i can bet for...

My current wolfen company is 3x Guardian of Equilibrium, Fang and harrasing crossbowman - and it mostly works Vs lion lamers quite well as long they don't have Chimera and slight luck.

I don't know what you went up against but i can say with experience on both sides that most lion players will have two or three archers, 4 if they have Silienne.

I realy hate such compositions - but not becouse they are strong - but because they are lame ;P

My Silienne company had from 0 to 1 archers only and worked quite well against all except lucky chimera or even luckier wolfens and was especiayy good Vs most full ranged lion companies.
ign: Draconnor, Cynwall player, 23 years in computer games, 14 years in battle games, 8 years in Confrontation Universe, 4 years of making own battle games.

Astralwyrm

PostSat Jul 26, 2014 9:51 am

As much as i don't like saying a ram unit is too powerful (they really lack powerful units) Dark invokers are far too efficient right now. I'm not saying it's too powerful but in the current state of the game it doesn't really get contested by much and running a number of them seems to work better than running one of them. I've been running this setup:

Kerberos
3 Dark Invokers
1 Imperturbable Archer
1 Sadistic Archer
5 Servile Skeletons

The Dark Invokers can basically blow up puppets or weakened servile skeletons with great efficiency, while Kerberos gains from the increased unit presence of the puppets. From playing a number of games against Melmoth, Chimera, Kelrys (seems to be all i'm getting right now) i've seen that this combination can quickly over run the opponent. I'm not sure if theres a counter in the game strong enough to break this other than maybe Ryskar. I haven't really had any trouble keeping my Invokers alive yet and theres a bug where if the invoker is in range of Kerberos' fear buff his puppets seem to get it regardless of wether or not they are. I've seen it twice now where the invoker summons a morbid puppet well out of Kerberos' buff range and he instills fear into a higher fear unit next to him. Theres also a bug where the invoker doesn't cast when you click forcing you to reselect him and try again. I've yet to lose a match with this setup, once more pretty much all of them were no contest (granted a number of them were newby players), at best Melmoth came close to taking down Kerberos.

edit: Sods law... well i did get beaten once today against a Melmoth player, he was running a group with a spirit destroyer, gargoyle, hardened skeleton or w/e, master necromancer and a couple servile skeletons. I guess i didn't protect my necromancer's well enough because he was taking one out a turn and i couldn't seize the capture point so i was pretty done without Reign of Terror.

Dragon_Warrior

PostWed Jul 30, 2014 6:55 pm

Im not sure if Guardians of Equilibrium aren't to strong with current wolfen heroes

I play

3x GoE
1x Harrasing Crossbowman
1x Fang
+ Ryskar or Kelrys

while Ryskar and Kelrys can two hit almost any wounded unit and GoE can automaticly wound up to 3 enemy units per turn - heros can make 1-5 pursuits per turn. Only difference is that Kelrys can do more pursuits without elixir and can two hit some units without wounds and Ryskar is better in killing heavy armored ememy units with his aura.

Astralwyrm

PostWed Jul 30, 2014 10:29 pm

For 6 more Ap than a Assault Crossbowman you have a tougher ranged unit with melee capabilities and a anti-spell caster presence. Either Assault Crossbowman are too expensive or Guardian of the Equilibrium are too cheap. Personally i think both are true lol.

I think Kelrys' elixir order needs to change from double distance charge to: can charge with a unit's remaining sprint distance after moving. That would make lining up charges much easier and make Assault Crossbowman alot more efficient. Either that or make the same changes to Assault Fire directly.

Dragon_Warrior

PostFri Aug 01, 2014 10:39 am

Either Assault Crossbowman are too expensive or Guardian of the Equilibrium are too cheap.

GoE have 3 not 2 advantages over Crossbowman:

- Really high Armor - 13 is really really high even for a pure HtH unit
- auto-hit spell with range of 6 so no cover nor DoD can help
- option to make 2 attacks after casting a miracle and/or making counterattacks in hth combat

after Chiomera nerf i won all games played with my composition of 3 GoE...
after ranking restart ill try some lion companies again and maybe ill figure out some GoE counter - but i have bbad feeling about this with Tou 3-8 units ;)

Astralwyrm

PostSat Aug 02, 2014 11:57 am

I'm not sure about the other War Fury Units but the War Gargoyle is actually really powerful especially against Wolfen. Since he has so much mobility he can pretty much wait as late into the turn as possible on the turn you plan to attack. Warfury smack one or two units and move a bit away. Once the turn ticks by he gets his parry back and he can easily go for another assault. Darn thing hits like a truck even if he is glassy.

chimeraelite

PostSat Aug 02, 2014 7:18 pm

Having 3 GoE is insane, having been on the receiving end of their fury. Someone actually pointed out that in comparison to a crossbowman, who only has a 6-9 AP difference, they're wildly underpriced for how powerful they are. I don't feel like they need a "nerf" per se, just an increase in their AP cost.
Temper your aggression with strategy and you will be unstoppable. Fight with reckless abandon and you will be slaughtered.
Ign- Chimeraelite
Youtube Channel- Chimeraelite1
All criticisms are welcome. Just trying to start a dialogue on the game.
PreviousNext

Return to Suggestions