It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:40 am

Sugestion and Balance Issues 0.13.02 by DW

• Author

Astralwyrm

Re: Sugestion and Balance Issues 0.13.02 by DW

PostSun Aug 31, 2014 3:14 pm

The lanevar map is overly biased towards archers, setup your archers in the middle of the deployment zone and they have pretty much free reign to shoot just about anywhere on the map. Combine that with two Devotee of Azel and they can block off any advance on the archers from behind and throw out favourable auspice for almost unmissable shots. On top of that cover is almost entirely light cover so non lion Archers are more adversely effected by it. Without Guardian of the Equilibriums and some ring of ice luck it's pretty much impossible to win on that map against a Lion Archer setup. Atleast in the current game there are very few units that can successfully push up and take the archers down.

phil413ican

PostMon Sep 01, 2014 3:44 am

Astralwyrm wrote:The lanevar map is overly biased towards archers, setup your archers in the middle of the deployment zone and they have pretty much free reign to shoot just about anywhere on the map. Combine that with two Devotee of Azel and they can block off any advance on the archers from behind and throw out favourable auspice for almost unmissable shots. On top of that cover is almost entirely light cover so non lion Archers are more adversely effected by it. Without Guardian of the Equilibriums and some ring of ice luck it's pretty much impossible to win on that map against a Lion Archer setup. Atleast in the current game there are very few units that can successfully push up and take the archers down.

I am in agreement. I have been able to do this, but it is very difficult. Especially if you are playing Ram against Lion archers...

Dragon_Warrior

PostMon Sep 01, 2014 6:29 am

true - but fortunately on two other maps Alachan archers are quite easy to kill.
ign: Draconnor, Cynwall player, 23 years in computer games, 14 years in battle games, 8 years in Confrontation Universe, 4 years of making own battle games.

Astralwyrm

PostMon Sep 01, 2014 9:21 am

They still perform well in those maps though or else we wouldn't be seeing the top lion players using them in their armies on those maps. I preferred the other lanevar map, there were more options as to where to deploy and move your units. There was more usable heavy cover as well.

Dragon_Warrior

PostMon Sep 01, 2014 4:01 pm

Astralwyrm wrote:They still perform well in those maps though or else we wouldn't be seeing the top lion players using them in their armies on those maps. I preferred the other lanevar map, there were more options as to where to deploy and move your units. There was more usable heavy cover as well.

Mass archers needs toons of sparklings for tanking - so only realy strong archer roster is based on 5-6 sparklings of flash :P
ign: Draconnor, Cynwall player, 23 years in computer games, 14 years in battle games, 8 years in Confrontation Universe, 4 years of making own battle games.

Astralwyrm

PostMon Sep 01, 2014 5:31 pm

Well i see 3 archers and 2 devotees of Azel in a lanevar map, and that's plenty to cripple your units before you can get to them, sometimes one of the archers is Silienne other times they have Chimera to smite any units that get through. It doesn't seem that they even need or care about Elixir on the lanevar map, at most you might see 1 or 2 units move towards a capture point to try to contest it as you try to move in on their Archers. Especially since they can more or less freely shoot to bits any units stood on the capture points. I'm going to try some Assault Lions and see if i can creep them up to the archers but that will probably have me almost ignore the capture point entirely.
Last edited by Astralwyrm on Mon Sep 01, 2014 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

phil413ican

PostMon Sep 01, 2014 6:05 pm

If they have Silienne all they need is one more archer and a devotee to pick your units off if you try to hold the control points or advance to take them out. I rarely play wolves so I'm not sure how successful they are trying to advance on a fortified Archer build on this map, but if you are Ram or a Lion build that does not mirror the archer you should be outgunned on this map by a good player every time.

Astralwyrm

PostSat Sep 13, 2014 10:06 am

Well i did manage to beat an opponent using Archers in Lanevar with my Lion build... though i'm starting to think i created a monster. I've got alot of wins with no loses except 1 to Kerberos so far, alot of newbies i guess and maybe a few good players but it just doesn't seem i can lose even when i make a few mistakes. The only enemies i really worry about are other Assault Lions and Kerberos. In Kerberos' case i just change to my Chimera build against the ram which solves that issue. I guess alot of it's strengths is that there aren't alot of good counters to Assault Lions with Raise your Shield! in the Lion and Wolfen armies. The Ram seem to have a hard time countering an Archmage and Chimera but i guess they do have a counter it's just no one uses said unit (Mr teleporter Priest). I can feel my opponent's pain when Arinius completely cancels incoming damage and i just heal him up with regen and familiars. I've seen a few Wolfen players mistake Familiar's healing ability as a spell and try to Middle-way it as well.

edit: and i lost to a Emerok and Guardian of Equilibrium build with enchanters today, it was a really close match and the rolls just wouldn't land in my favor x.x.

I think Pyromancer is a bit too expensive AP wise, i don't really see many people use him and he's quite hard to make his spells count. Archmage is really powerful when used with Chimera but he's pretty unreliable with any other champion because they don't have all the goodies chimera has.

Dragon_Warrior

PostSat Sep 13, 2014 11:23 pm

edit: and i lost to a Emerok and Guardian of Equilibrium build with enchanters today, it was a really close match and the rolls just wouldn't land in my favor x.x.

I think Pyromancer is a bit too expensive AP wise, i don't really see many people use him and he's quite hard to make his spells count. Archmage is really powerful when used with Chimera but he's pretty unreliable with any other champion because they don't have all the goodies chimera has.

As i said - GoE counters war lions if used right :P

Ryromancer is imo far better than Archmage - and i use one in my current Lion build - but i dnt have much time to play this and next month unfortunately.

Astralwyrm

PostSun Sep 14, 2014 12:47 am

It was a really close match and came down to Emerok and Arinius 1 on 1, Arinius with lowish health and Emerok with a chunk taken out of him and no faith. i think i could have won it if i hadn't made some mistakes deciding where to move my sparklings to be honest.

Pyromancer isn't able to inflict Vulnerable though which really wrecks Kerberos and with Concience and high range Archmage can inflict it without ever being in much danger. Divine Favor is worth using on him if i think failure is likely or i can't afford for him to fail the cast. The damage adds up across the turn even the sparklings will take a visible chunk out of his health.
PreviousNext

Return to Suggestions