It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:51 pm

Do you like the name "Dogs of War (online)"?

• Author

Deep Blue

Do you like the name "Dogs of War (online)"?

PostThu May 22, 2014 5:28 pm

This is actually something i had on my mind for a while. Am i the only one who dislikes the name "Dogs of war"?

My main issue is that the name "Confrontation" does not appear on the title. I remember that as a fan of the boardgame, one day i was looking on steam and i probably didn't even bother to check out this title for quite some time simply because i didn't make a connection with the dogs of war expansion from confrontation. I dont know if it would be possible to modify the name of the game right now but changing it into: Confrontation - Dogs of war would attract much more easily the boardgame fans i believe.

Try it yourself and write "Confrontation" on the steam search page...dogs of war does not even appear and yet it is the closest thing to the boardgame available...instead appears a free to play CARDGAME not even related to the universe! The Icon also does not show anything that can be connected easily to Confrontation (how many games have a human knight?).

Changing the icon and/or changing the title might be the first easy steps to increase visibility and the player base.
Closed beta tester - Ram & Wolf player

Useful links:
AP army calculator (by Hod): http://dogsofwar.eu.pn/

Hod

Re: Do you like the name "Dogs of War (online)"?

PostThu May 22, 2014 5:42 pm

I would like Confrontation in the title as well - for the same reason Blue stated above.

Another reason, I think the name should change is the fact that Dogs of War is a very used name. There's a movie, the expression, a table top game that just got kickstarted and many other things that use the title. On top of this, the acronym for it is DoW, which to everyone else in the video game space means Dawn of War.

A name change might also be good at this point with the big gameplay changes coming - to draw old players back at the easy to discern prospect of something new.

So, a second vote for Confrontation: Dogs of War (C:DoW).
Hod's CoolMiniOrNot Gallery

Useful links:
Mirror 1 AP army calculator (by Hod): http://www.dogsofwar.co.nf/
Mirror 2 AP army calculator (by Hod): http://www.dogsofwar.eu.pn/

Dragon_Warrior

PostThu May 22, 2014 6:38 pm

Confrontation: Dogs of War

Sounds nice
ign: Draconnor, Cynwall player, 23 years in computer games, 14 years in battle games, 8 years in Confrontation Universe, 4 years of making own battle games.

Deep Blue

PostThu May 22, 2014 7:01 pm

and please vote also for a clearer ICON change. I mean a human knight is for sure not the most ICONIC thing confrontation offers. Put a nice bad ass Confrontation lore character instead (Sophet Drahas? / Red Lioness? ) or a typical unit that seasoned Confrontation players can recognize (Fang warriors?).

I admit i often have the feelings that Cyanide while having valid game designers and coders lacks totally a good communication (which is not only "let the devs interact on the board"...because this does not attract new players if they do not even know the game exists!).

Useful links:

skydancer

PostThu May 22, 2014 7:04 pm

"Confrontation of dogs"?
~ work in progress ~

Deep Blue

PostThu May 22, 2014 7:06 pm

skydancer wrote:"Confrontation of dogs"?

I guess PETA wouldn't appreciate it :)

Useful links:

Astralwyrm

PostThu May 22, 2014 10:38 pm

I agree on both points, i just noticed that card game on steam today i think it's pretty new. It took me a few moments to discern it wasn't related. I think wolfen are pretty iconic to confrontation it wasn't till i saw them in the free to play confrontation browser game (web card game) that i realised the two games were related.

Dragon_Warrior

PostThu May 22, 2014 10:44 pm

i just noticed that card game on steam

what card game on steam ?
ign: Draconnor, Cynwall player, 23 years in computer games, 14 years in battle games, 8 years in Confrontation Universe, 4 years of making own battle games.

Astralwyrm

PostThu May 22, 2014 10:54 pm

Drakerz-Confrontation. It's one of the first games that shows up in the free to play section. The trailer made it look a bit like invizimals.

MhBlis

PostFri May 23, 2014 2:18 am

Wolven type and undead are pretty stock for games like this.

Personally I don't know if confrontation added to the name would make a huge difference. It is not something many people would actually recognize for what it is. I mean have you seen how many games have it in their names already and are completely unrelated.

The people who would recognize it on the other hand would mostly likely see Dogs of War and actually take a moment to look into it. Adding it as a sub heading "Confrontation Skirmish ..." may help but I wouldnt hold my breath.
Next

Return to Suggestions