It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:48 pm

Some quality of life stuff

• Author

MhBlis

Re: Some quality of life stuff

PostMon Apr 28, 2014 10:10 am

Currently chat is difficult to use. As you say it's quiet unless someone makes the effort. Worse though is how hard it is to use. Can't tell if your talking to yourself, people diseaper out of it when they join games or que, it resets when you come out of a game so you can't keep track of what is being said. It needs to be more user friendly for it to be used more.

Even if it is an under ultilised facility it should be there since for many of us especially new people it is a great resource. It is not though a replacement for guides and documentation.

SoulCollector

PostTue Apr 29, 2014 7:03 pm

MhBlis wrote:Currently chat is difficult to use. As you say it's quiet unless someone makes the effort. Worse though is how hard it is to use. Can't tell if your talking to yourself, people diseaper out of it when they join games or que, it resets when you come out of a game so you can't keep track of what is being said. It needs to be more user friendly for it to be used more.

Even if it is an under ultilised facility it should be there since for many of us especially new people it is a great resource. It is not though a replacement for guides and documentation.

Yes. I have been saying for months that chat definitly needs an improvement, not only from the usability stand point but also the freaking small text!. When I started playing this game I swear I had to put my face at 25 centimeters from the monitor to read the text, not only on chat but also on the tutorial's tooltips.

I don't know, maybe make it be an independet window from the GUI that you can rezise and drag around depending on your monitor size, change the size of text, change the colours of text (own, friends, others), to keep it available at all times (when a new game pops up, when in-game with different channel options), time stamps for messages, to always keep track of what its being said, maybe adding some tabs (General chat,Tactical chat, Help chat) that shows you if everyone is asking a question that won't just go away if other people are having a conversation at the same time ( you could put some tool tips explaining what chat tab to use for what purposes).

There are so many options for a better chat experience, I think this really needs to be adressed as soon as possible. The chat is a very important part of the game for me and other people I know in this game and right now, honestly, is a sub-par experience.

Almanro

PostWed Apr 30, 2014 3:58 am

I agree that the chat can be improved in many way, however a quick fix that will solve some problems is either to add a button or a tick option in your "Accept the match" countdown screen that allows you to print a standard message on the chat like: "Player X started a game"; or the game can do it automatically just fast checking the chat names to look if the player posted something in the last 1-2 minutes. At least this will avoid to disappear abruptly from the chat.
Previous

Return to Suggestions