It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:17 pm

0.12.11 Balance suggestions by DW

• Author

Dragon_Warrior

Re: 0.12.11 Balance suggestions by DW

PostSun Apr 20, 2014 10:13 pm

Deep Blue wrote:Ok lets compare ferocious vs accuracy.

ferocious costs 9 AP and its uses are so limited (golem, HB SW, KOTL, HB worg - 6 instead of 5). Beside the golem i would say i never really felt it was a necessary addition to kill the above units and im talking about ram and wolf.

ps: the test goes on, so far 6 out of 6. The rockstar? accuracy lion archers :)

i never used feriocious on skellys - in case of bowmans i use always lev1 for rising the zerg factor that is needed Vs Lions when you always need +2 units more than enemy ;)

about 6 wins - how many ram players was in it? :P
winning Vs wolfens proves nothing ;p
and as i said in my ram ratio - only one lost game was true loss and it was vs your ram company in puzzle scenario when i meet many top lion players back then and all was no match vs ram zerg ;p
ign: Draconnor, Cynwall player, 23 years in computer games, 14 years in battle games, 8 years in Confrontation Universe, 4 years of making own battle games.

SoulCollector

PostSun Apr 20, 2014 10:27 pm

And look at p122, his Wolfen company for this week did 18/2 and that was in 2 days, he told me he wasn't going for top 10 this week so he left it there. If Wolfen were really so bad, how could he possibly score that?

skydancer

PostSun Apr 20, 2014 10:46 pm

If you know how to use alhan army is a steamroller. I'll test your list with my "List of the Week" of undead army :D

I would remove 1 lion and some taunt and i put inside an alhan mage.

1 valk
1 mage lv3
3 archer with accuracy
1 spark
2 sword with parry

is a great build.
~ work in progress ~

SoulCollector

PostSun Apr 20, 2014 11:43 pm

skydancer wrote:If you know how to use alhan army is a steamroller.

So... let me see if I get your point, if I don't think Alaham army is a steamroller I don't know how to use them? :o

I can say the same about all races. It depends highly on what you have in front of you and what does the enemy do.

Lets ask p122 what Wolfen army did he used to get his 18/2. Now, I'm very curious.

Deep Blue

PostMon Apr 21, 2014 12:35 am

SoulCollector wrote:And look at p122, his Wolfen company for this week did 18/2 and that was in 2 days, he told me he wasn't going for top 10 this week so he left it there. If Wolfen were really so bad, how could he possibly score that?

so one player performs really goods and automatically all problems are fixed? :)

if you take a look at the other wolven top 10 players - so who actually played a lot - you would see terrible win ratios. Just compare them with similarly ranked lion players and you will see a gap. I'm not saying it is impossible to be succesful with wolven, it is just harder mostly because of the heavily lion ranged oriented meta in my opinion. I managed to find a nice wolven comp and i got 6 victories out of 7 games but i can't get the same crushing victories as with my lion team...and i played wolven...a lot.

my complain is because at least 2-3 wolven units are quite useless in the current meta. Who knows, maybe buffing those units would be a better solution than nerfing accuracy.

@DW: believe it or not 4 out of 6 were ram, 1 wolf and 1 lion. Ram players did not play the super zerg of doom although i recall one of them having 3 skeleton warriors and 3 ranged.
Closed beta tester - Ram & Wolf player

Useful links:
AP army calculator (by Hod): http://dogsofwar.eu.pn/

SoulCollector

PostMon Apr 21, 2014 1:04 am

Deep Blue wrote:My complain is because at least 2-3 wolven units are quite useless in the current meta. Who knows, maybe buffing those units would be a better solution than nerfing accuracy.

As I said before I also think that Wolfs are on the weak side right now, I also think that buffing them a little is probably a better solution than just nerfing Accuracy, I only hope that devs do this carefully.

Or else everyone will be playing Wolfs again, is just amazing how many people start playing this game with Wolfs, you should spend 1 week on 250 AP and see for yourself, I would say I fight 4 Wolfs before I fight either 1 Human or Undead and them another 4 Wolfs. I guess they are just too appealing in the early game due to the fact that you can play them with the simplest of tactics if you want and still win.

Don't forget 5 or 6 weeks ago of the top 16 ranked we had 10 Wolfs.

Dragon_Warrior

PostMon Apr 21, 2014 9:55 am

SoulCollector wrote:Don't forget 5 or 6 weeks ago of the top 16 ranked we had 10 Wolfs.

When Fang was stronger + costed 45ap and Crosbowmans were even cheaper...

Lets ask p122 what Wolfen army did he used to get his 18/2. Now, I'm very curious.

we all are curious about that

as i said
playing ram i got 23:2:0 while for wolfens 11:8:2 so its up to you to decide if im good player and wolfens are quite terrible or im terrible player that still can lame succesfull with ram :P

as for p122 it may be lack of serious opponents at one certan day... i wish all the luck to all wolfen comapnies that want to play Vs DB or Skydancers RAM :P
and propably same for my half-zerg
ign: Draconnor, Cynwall player, 23 years in computer games, 14 years in battle games, 8 years in Confrontation Universe, 4 years of making own battle games.

Deep Blue

PostMon Apr 21, 2014 4:11 pm

just had a match vs Skydancer's ram company which won last week and i've won. When he conceded the deathmatch "counter" was 50 on my favor vs 23 on his.

I still had at the end of the match:

2x archers
1x valk
1x lion
1x sparkling

Probably my list is a good counter to his...but...well i will let him comment it in case. Archers won me the game as gargoyle and paladin weren't a problem at all.

second game was my list vs his lion list. I lost but i played quite bad handing him one of my lions at the beginning (brain fart :( ) . It doesnt really prove any point as it is lion vs lion so everything is equal.

Useful links:

SoulCollector

PostMon Apr 21, 2014 4:46 pm

I'm gonna play Wolfs too this week, so far 2 companies tested, 4 matchs - 4 Wins for me of course this is 250 AP but none of the opponents were new players.

2 Undeads
1 Wolfen
1 Humans

The Human fight was pretty good to say the least and I dominated the match without losing a single unit. My team 1 Lonewolf level 4 (Ring of Ice, Regeneration and Mortification), Guardian of the Runes level 4 (Hymn of destiny, Exalted and Middle Way) and a Wolfen with Crossbow (Instinctive Firing and Harrasment) Vs 1 Bowman of Alaham level 3 (Accuracy and Aim), 1 Sworman of Alahan level 3 (Parry and Taunt) and Knight of the Lion level 3 (Master Fencer and Taunt). Xbow with Harrasment made it way to easy to lure the enemy to my small turtle formation behind a rock, enemy archer didn't touch any of my units till turn 4, he went for the Lonewolf healer at that point his KoTL was half health after 2 turns Xbow + Yllia Wrath did 6 damage per hit to the KoTL, when the KoTL died he only did 10 damage to one of my units, after that the Sworman of Alahan was destroyed half by nuking half by melee and the Bowman of Alahan even though it almost killed my Lonewolf I just put the guy with 4 hps left behind a rock and let it regenerate, mean while the Guardian of the Runes engaged the archer for it to lose his range, after that Bowman was dead in 2 turns by Lonewolf Primal Attack with 14 HPs left on him after Regeneration.

Of course that match doesn't tell us anything but it was damn fun and it also tells us that humans can't fight wolfs with the same number of units even using archers with Accuracy on 250 AP or else they get destroyed.

My other Team was 2 Lonewolfs level 1 + 1 Guardian of Runes level 1 + Crossbow level 1, pretty good Team too. I just seriously forgot how fun Wolfs were. :D

Deep Blue

PostMon Apr 21, 2014 5:06 pm

SoulCollector wrote:I'm gonna play Wolfs too this week, so far 2 companies tested, 4 matchs - 4 Wins for me of course this is 250 AP but none of the opponents were new players.

i imagine it is fun but 250 AP is not a valid bracket for testing as the ranked matches are what really matter for balancing purposes. Wolven always rocked the 250 ap bracket simply because your opponent has less units and cannot rely so much on having many ranged units. Also, certain powerful combinations are totally left out from the 250 AP bracket (ie: mage comps, high level black paladins etc...).

Useful links:
PreviousNext

Return to Suggestions