It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:48 pm

0.12.11 Balance suggestions by DW

• Author

Dragon_Warrior

0.12.11 Balance suggestions by DW

PostFri Apr 18, 2014 8:42 pm

I played all factions from 0.12.10 - each week one faction i played 20-30 games each with mostly good win:loos ratios
lion 16:5:1
ram 23:2:0
wolf 11:8:2

Major (Urgent) sugestions:

Wolfens - at the time they simply cant win some games no matter anything...

Fang: quite ok, maybe +1 Will
Crossbowman: +1-2 DAM
Lonewolf: quite ok
Rune Guardian: +2-3 Will +2-3 Diff for all miracles (simply higher FEAR Resistance)
Hunter: +1-2 ACC
Grave Guardian: Small cost reduction, +1-2 ACC, + Vivacity or something like Hard Boiled but only Vs Archers
PoB: current lev1 PoB have Damage equal to lev3 60ap Fang with Ruthles. (+1 DAM, +2PAR, +1DOD) -1FEAR +Righteous... simply all ram units with higher FEAR OWNS him so much hard that he is useles Vs them.

WORG: quite ok

Acheron - at the time they can and should win any game unless its open Lanevar map against massed lucky archers with good player.

Skeleton Warrior: TOU -1, ACC -1
Skeleton Bowman: ACC -1, DAM -1, TOU -1
Necro: Healing nerf, if all healers heal 5 or even 5 at the end of turn why this guy can direct heal 20 to any ally in long range?
Gargoyle: FEAR -1
Priest: ok
Paladin: Exhausting faith cost +2 (up to 4) or skill nerf
Skull Warrior: -1PAR, -1 FEAR
Golem: quite ok

Alahan - at the time they may and can win most of games as long its not closed Acheron map with zerg RAM player. The problem is that bowmans are to easy to use.

Sparkling: -1-2ap
Swordsman: +2-3 DOD
Bowman: -1ACC, -1STR, -1DOD, maybe +2-3ap more for accuracy
Mage: slightly cost reduce for lev 1-2 but same cost for lev4-5
Valkyrie: any additional passive bonus for Luminous Remission... +1 STR for example or returning back the initial healing of 5
Lion of War: quite ok
Knight: cost reduction, +2DAM
Chimera: Small cost increase

more or less Solved
Partially solved
Desperately needs solving
needs fixing
i don't want to use RED as admin colour
Last edited by Dragon_Warrior on Mon May 12, 2014 10:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ign: Draconnor, Cynwall player, 23 years in computer games, 14 years in battle games, 8 years in Confrontation Universe, 4 years of making own battle games.

Deep Blue

Re: 0.12.11 Balance suggestions by DW

PostSat Apr 19, 2014 10:43 am

Wolfens - at the time they simply cant win some games no matter anything...
Fang: quite ok, maybe +1 Will
Crossbowman: +1-2 DAM
Lonewolf: quite ok
Rune Guardian: +2-3 Will +2-3 Diff for all miracles (simply higher FEAR Resistance)
Hunter: +1-2 ACC
Grave Guardian: Small cost reduction, +1-2 ACC, + Vivacity or something like Hard Boiled but only Vs Archers
PoB: current lev1 PoB have Damage equal to lev3 60ap Fang with Ruthles. (+1 DAM, +2PAR, +1DOD) -1FEAR +Righteous... simply all ram units with higher FEAR OWNS him so much hard that he is useles Vs them.
WORG: quite ok

Fang: They really suffer fear up to the point that any SW/black paladin/gargoyle really punish them. +1 WIL would be ok
Crossbowman: i agree with more DAM or lower AP cost. I would like to see viable crossbowmen at lvl 1-2 AP wise.
Lonewolf: please remove coscience from him. It is just sad to see it on a warrior mage which goes often in melee (AND FOR 30 AP!!). My solution: bring back with a talent the old cast+sprint mechanic. This would be obtainable only at lvl 5 through a talent and would prevent the happy kiters army and is more in line with the warrior mage.
Rune guardian: i feel it is ok
Hunter: please increase the WIL at least as the (actual) fang WIL. It is already quite easy to hit...add that it has the lowest WIL and a terrible TOU and most ram units will eat it alive. Change assassin into: 100% crit chance when hit chance is above 100%.
GG: small cost reduction and +1-2 ACC...i agree. These units will be always surrounded...if 2 basic units already make it hard for the GG to hit reliably, then there is a problem. Also change survival instinct into: that unit doesn't suffer encirclement malus (i'd say 25 AP cost). Survival as it is is either amazing or wasted AP (consider your GG will be more expensive than a POB...around 170+ AP)
PoB: increase fear +1 or WIL. It gets completely wrecked by fear which is sad for a very expensive unit. I would maybe consider even some other small tweaks (+1 DOD?)
Worg: didn't use it nor did see him around since last patch.

Wolven need a slight buff in my opinion but mostly the crossbowman base AP.

Acheron - at the time they can and should win any game unless its open Lanevar map against massed lucky archers with good player.
Skeleton Warrior: TOU -1, ACC -1
Skeleton Bowman: ACC -1, DAM -1, TOU -1
Necro: Healing nerf, if all healers heal 5 or even 5 at the end of turn why this guy can direct heal 20 to any ally in long range?
Priest: ok
Paladin: Exhausting faith cost +2 (up to 4) or skill nerf
Skull Warrior: -1PAR, -1 FEAR
Golem: quite ok

Skeleton warrior: they are fine, really. Maybe +2 AP on HB but thats it.
Skeleton bowman: i think they are fine.
Necro: they are fine :)
Priest: fine...beside the aura which i will always hate.
Garg: fine
Paladin: please don't follow this madman :lol: . I think they are fine minus the aura which i will always hate.
SW: fine
Golem: ok

i dont have many complains vs undeads i never felt there is a super uber unit.

Alahan - at the time they may and can win most of games as long its not closed Acheron map with zerg RAM player. The problem is that bowmans are to easy to use.
Sparkling: -1-2ap
Swordsman: +2-3 DOD
Bowman: -1ACC, -1STR, -1DOD, maybe +2-3ap more for accuracy
Mage: slightly cost reduce for lev 1-2 but same cost for lev4-5
Valkyrie: any additional passive bonus for Luminous Remission... +1 STR for example or returning back the initial healing of 5
Lion of War: quite ok
Knight: cost reduction, +2DAM
Chimera: Small cost increase

Swordsman are fine. Please do not buff them. +2-3 DOD would make them insane. When i often get matched with players using FIVE of them i really dont think they need a buff. If they suck, why people use five?

Bowman: i really feel they are the most uber unit of the game right now but such a hard nerf is not needed. I'm fine with their great ACC and DOD. Not with their damage. Accuracy is what makes them really OP...perma scourge for 10 AP? please NO. Either change it with something else or increase the AP cost. It is sad when they have the two most important characteristics for an archer: damage and ACC.

Knight: 2 DAM is a lot i would go for 1.
Closed beta tester - Ram & Wolf player

Useful links:
AP army calculator (by Hod): http://dogsofwar.eu.pn/

Dragon_Warrior

PostSat Apr 19, 2014 1:34 pm

If you keep current RAM and buff Wolfens slightly as i suggested (you agree with most) then it would be still a big gap between them

as i said before its RAM>>LION>>Wolfen at a time and bringing Wolfens and RAM up to Lion (+small fix for lions) level sounds most reasonable.
Skeleton warrior: they are fine, really. Maybe +2 AP on HB but thats it.

Skeleton Warriors almost always fights 2v1... 1v1 situations are extreamly rare - mostly there are 2 skellys or 1-2 puppets or better unit in same combat. It must be calculated in stats of unit for 26ap with RES higher than most of lion units.
Skeleton bowman: i think they are fine.

they are close to fine but if you agree to nerfing Lions you need nerf both bowman units... at the time Lev 1 skelly archer is more usefull than lev 1 alahan one... Lion bowman starts being better after going lev 2 or 3 but at 1 - RAM one is more useful and cheaper.
Garg: fine

at this point we can deliberate about increasing FEAR/will of almost all wolfens or simply reducing Garg and Pala fear by 1.
Paladin: please don't follow this madman :lol: . I think they are fine minus the aura which i will always hate.

At the time Exhausting Touch alone takes down half of wolfen company... simply if playing against 5, you need to kill one, blosk the ranged and cast Touch on two main attackers... its like Incarnation of Justice that stays for the rest of the game mostly (killing deff stance Paladin healed by 20hp each turn is not to easy).
Its ok Vs lions but not wolfens.

i dont have many complains vs undeads i never felt there is a super uber unit.

at 2 games that i lost with RAM one was puzzle quest Vs you (and your RAM) at king of the hill and other was another when i meet guy from my country and chatted so much that i forgot we play king of the hill :P

So im really far from self-awesomness* saying that im simply so goo that i OWN noobs... Especialy when while playing Wolfens i know that Vs serious players keeping 2:1 ratio is hard enough.
*that is quite popular among Acheron players :P
Swordsman are fine. Please do not buff them. +2-3 DOD would make them insane.

They are fine as a front guard of easy use bowmans Vs wolfen weaklings... each time i faced swordsman company with RAM i counted for easy win and never mistaken ;P

Bowman: i really feel they are the most uber unit of the game right now but such a hard nerf is not needed.

Unfortunatly its needed - but ONLY when hth units will be fixed slightly.
Knight: 2 DAM is a lot i would go for 1.

at the time a Knight in company makes Lion=Wolfens from Lion>>Wolfen and i won all Vs Knight games with my Crimson Oaks company ;P
ign: Draconnor, Cynwall player, 23 years in computer games, 14 years in battle games, 8 years in Confrontation Universe, 4 years of making own battle games.

Deep Blue

PostSat Apr 19, 2014 8:57 pm

i add one more thing: aura of the crepuscular princes...im always shocked by the fact it costs 3 faith...altough i realized it is a good skill to have but only vs wolven...and guess what? those 3 faith are hard to achieve through normal means (no martyr) especially vs wolven with few units. Vs lion or ram occult erosion is always the safest choice.

Useful links:

Dragon_Warrior

PostSat Apr 19, 2014 9:16 pm

everything that ram have is currently good vs wolfens ;p

im still no sure it there is a point to add minor sugestions down this whread - while there is quite many this more urgent ones ;p

edit

back to playing RAM
3:0
and two games (vs lions) won after 2-3 turns...

current balance is seriously Acheron orientated :P

Deep Blue

PostSat Apr 19, 2014 10:22 pm

Dragon_Warrior wrote:
back to playing RAM
3:0
and two games (vs lions) won after 2-3 turns...

current balance is seriously Acheron orientated :P

i would say it is lion oriented or ram and lion for sure. Beside 3 matches don't show anything :D

Useful links:

Dragon_Warrior

PostSat Apr 19, 2014 11:47 pm

maybe not but as i said before many times

when im playing ram - i always feel that i can win and sometimes see a sure win... and mostly i can even make few mistakes...in case of lions its not so easy and sometimes luck based tactic is needed that can work or not or sometimes im out of healthy units in middle of play and simple start to loose man after man... in case of RAM i always knew that someone will die and i still will have advantage of brute force + endless puppets support for locking/encircling.

Besides when i play RAM i see serious threat only Vs another Ram. Almost any Acheron unit is strong and usefull (as someone said nicely balanced as a faction in RamVs Ram games). While Lions have only Bowmans and Lions (that are nice in case of non RAM enemy - because of low WILL (nevertheless their FEAR is enough Vs Wolfens) and lack of bravery).

Seriously - try all factions not only two - its hard to be objective without that :P
I also was convinced that Wolfens was ok before playing them in current meta :P

Astralwyrm

PostSun Apr 20, 2014 12:11 am

So someone tell me i'm a noob but i just had a match against lions... with lions and i got completely wasted on turn 3. This guy was using a level 5 mage i'm guessing? He hid him behind the big rock in the middle left(forest level) the first action he got and i took no notice of him since there wasn't really much chance of pursuing him and i'm use to mages just being a bit of a nuisance rather than a major threat. So i pick away at his group during turn one with my 2 archers 2 valks, lion and 3 swordsman. By the end of turn 2 i still had decent amount of my units and at full health. Then using the last move of the turn the mage comes out and throws out 2 chastisements of light.... and then turn 3 comes and he gets first turn and throws out another 2 x.x complete wiping out everything on my side of the field. Is this ability too powerful or am i complete noob and should of known to go against lion tactics and spread out? ^^';;

I usually just accepted double chastisements of light when it was just chipping away at my units and then i didn't see it again for the rest of the match but 2 doublecasts back to back? even if my units weren't all within the aoe radius thats some serious damage. I can't think of any unit that can manage a feat like that. edit: And this is a guy with 19 wins and 1 defeat... so clearly his tactics are working... the company is called ... for reference.
Last edited by Astralwyrm on Sun Apr 20, 2014 9:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Hod

PostSun Apr 20, 2014 6:50 am

Astralwyrm wrote:So someone tell me i'm a noob but i just had a match against lions... with lions and i got completely wasted on turn 3. This guy was using a level 5 mage i'm guessing? He hid him behind the big rock in the middle left(forest level) the first action he got and i took no notice of him since there wasn't really much chance of pursuing him and i'm use to mages just being a bit of a nuisance rather than a major threat. So i pick away at his group during turn one with my 2 archers 2 valks, lion and 3 swordsman. By the end of turn 2 i still had decent amount of my units and at full health. Then using the last move of the turn the mage comes out and throws out 2 chastisments of light.... and then turn 3 comes and he gets first turn and throws out another 2 x.x complete wiping out everything on my side of the field. Is this ability too powerful or am i complete noob and should of known to go against lion tactics and spread out? ^^';;

I usually just accepted double chastisements of light when it was just chipping away at my units and then i didn't see it again for the rest of the match but 2 doublecasts back to back? even if my units weren't all within the aoe radius thats some serious damage. I can't think of any unit that can manage a feat like that. edit: And this is a guy with 19 wins and 1 defeat... so clearly his tactics are working... the company is called ... for reference.

A Level 4 Mage ability (I forget it's name) has an Area Effect that can do some serious damage. If you see a Mage with this, you can't group your troops or what happened to you will continue to happen. When your opponent shows up with a Level 4 or 5 Mage, he can't be ignored, you have to get to him and quick (Turn 2 or 3). If you let him build up his Mana until Turn 3 or 4, he will devastate you. Even if it kills them, you need to send your War Lions or Gargoyles after him immediately and try to use your other troops to draw his support away from him or give your Assault troops a chance of killing him. Once you kill a Mage like this, your opponents strategy is usually over and the game is yours.
Hod's CoolMiniOrNot Gallery

Useful links:
Mirror 1 AP army calculator (by Hod): http://www.dogsofwar.co.nf/
Mirror 2 AP army calculator (by Hod): http://www.dogsofwar.eu.pn/

Deep Blue

PostSun Apr 20, 2014 8:20 am

check also if he has mastery of arcana or recovery. This is quite important as usually some arrows/engagement are enough to lower his casting chances making the other player change tactic.

Useful links:
Next

Return to Suggestions