It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:44 pm

Additional Graphics Options

• Author

Beobachter

Additional Graphics Options

PostSat Apr 12, 2014 4:52 pm

As much as I love the graphics in game, I sometimes wonder if there are too many particle effects for my laptop to handle at times (I get frame drops on some maps). Could we have an option to remove map particle effects, seeing as they do not effect gameplay? IE turn off flames, mana orbs, non-unit creature animations and the like.
In-game: nullAurelian
Dovie'andi se tovya sagain.
It's time to toss the dice.

SoulCollector

Re: Additional Graphics Options

PostSat Apr 12, 2014 5:39 pm

Beobachter wrote:As much as I love the graphics in game, I sometimes wonder if there are too many particle effects for my laptop to handle at times (I get frame drops on some maps). Could we have an option to remove map particle effects, seeing as they do not effect gameplay? IE turn off flames, mana orbs, non-unit creature animations and the like.

Completely agree to this, a lot of people suffer from the exact same problem, when I started the game the graphics were on high for me and in some maps it was irritating to try to scroll the map or select units with the mouse with all the graphical lag and the turn timer running out on you giving you little time to think your moves, I had to put everything on low, and that pretty much changed the whole experience for me.

All the map eye candy has really no effect on the gameplay, the game should give the player the option to turn it off, if at all possible that is.

Deep Blue

PostSat Apr 12, 2014 8:08 pm

i agree with this. Other than that i'm suffering suddenly of low FPS to the point im seeing a photo album rather than a smooth gameplay. What is funny is that im playing since closed with the same settings so i dont know if it is related to my pc or the game simply become more "heavy"
Closed beta tester - Ram & Wolf player

Useful links:
AP army calculator (by Hod): http://dogsofwar.eu.pn/

Dragon_Warrior

PostSat Apr 12, 2014 8:23 pm

I had this problem in 0.9 but now its far better... and i even reverted medium up to high.
But it may be thx to drivers full update close to 0.10 ;)
ign: Draconnor, Cynwall player, 23 years in computer games, 14 years in battle games, 8 years in Confrontation Universe, 4 years of making own battle games.

Return to Suggestions