It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:49 am

Two bugs and a ladder...

• Author

phil413ican

Two bugs and a ladder...

PostFri Apr 11, 2014 2:57 pm

Yesterday during two training missions I charged an injured player to finish them off. I had 105% once and over a 100% the first time. Both of these said "success" in the hits, but did not inflict any damage to finish off the other player.

Second is probably the bigger issue. I just finished a game with henri.commes where I surrounded his Grave Guardian and his Fang Warrior, but I never got encirclement bonus on any of the hits. I'm watching the window to see what the rolls are, not just what it says should happen. There were no other enemies to off set the encirclement bonus, and I only attacked the ones that were encircled.

He put his GG in defensive stance, but did not use that on the fang warrior.
This has been an issue I've noticed for a while, but never have been able to figure out what triggers it to try and replicate.

I noticed it a lot with the Golem, both with and against it. I think this is one of the main reasons people felt the Golem was so over powered, because I've seen several times where he was completely surrounded and he still hit every time, even after being attacked. The last time I remember this was against a Ram, where both puppets and skeleton warriors surrounding him.

Another thing is that it seems that while a player can not earn a second or third reward for the ranking ladder, last week we had a player ranking multiple comps in the top ten to "knock people out of the top ten." Some have multiple comps in the top 100. I don't know if this was intentional or not, that while a player can not get extra rewards they can still prevent others from getting rewarded. I think that is not something you would want to encourage. So my suggestion would be that if the second or third armies make the top 100 that they do not remove the people who were in the top ten or top 100.

I also would like to say that the last two patches have been very good in my opinion. Also that the Ram AP is almost perfect. It allows for a lot of compositions and various changes to configure more to your play style. I have played all of the factions, each for a few weeks before trying another. I started playing with the Lion for the first three weeks, then the Wolf for two and a half weeks, and the past three weeks with the Ram.

There is my two cents.

Dragon_Warrior

Re: Two bugs and a ladder...

PostFri Apr 11, 2014 4:22 pm

The last time I remember this was against a Ram, where both puppets and skeleton warriors surrounding him.

In calse of Golem its simply Possesed + high ACC that makes his attack so accurate - especialy against scared Lions/Wolfens or Skellys with their low PAR...
i remember that healthy gargoyle with 5 copmanions had 80 or 75% to dodge... it was nice but still random ;)
ign: Draconnor, Cynwall player, 23 years in computer games, 14 years in battle games, 8 years in Confrontation Universe, 4 years of making own battle games.

phil413ican

PostFri Apr 11, 2014 4:39 pm

It was before they boosted the Golem's ACC and added possessed. He was completely surrounded and the numbers NEVER reflected that in the rolls. I have noticed it more with the Golem, because that is a unit that you either have ferocious archers or your surround it.

Deep Blue

PostFri Apr 11, 2014 4:58 pm

keep in mind tha survival instinct can negate damages even at 100% hit chances (GG can have it as lion of war etc...)
Closed beta tester - Ram & Wolf player

Useful links:
AP army calculator (by Hod): http://dogsofwar.eu.pn/

phil413ican

PostSat Apr 12, 2014 1:32 am

It was in training mode... Not sure if it was against a war lion. If it was then survival would be the reason for it. I'll have to pay attention to which unit I'm attacking if it happens again. Thanks Deep.

Return to Suggestions