It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:48 pm

Swordsmans of Alahan

• Author

skydancer

Re: Swordsmans of Alahan

PostTue Apr 15, 2014 1:39 am

Don't reallly understand you guys, lion are already almost broken, very hard to play against, swordsman are ok, I've played alhan pretty much and get bored of how they're broken now. ;)
~ work in progress ~

Dragon_Warrior

PostTue Apr 15, 2014 6:07 am

skydancer wrote:Don't reallly understand you guys, lion are already almost broken

Did you even noticed global Lions nerf 2 patchs ago?
Because you stopped playing before that - at least you are no longer visible in top 100.

at the time only two types of bands are in top - 5 archers or chimera

While i still can win vs both with my RAM company...
ign: Draconnor, Cynwall player, 23 years in computer games, 14 years in battle games, 8 years in Confrontation Universe, 4 years of making own battle games.

SoulCollector

PostTue Apr 15, 2014 4:29 pm

skydancer wrote:Don't reallly understand you guys, lion are already almost broken, very hard to play against, swordsman are ok, I've played alhan pretty much and get bored of how they're broken now. ;)

It is simple, Humans have been super nerfed in general, I agree they were too powerful before and even though they are still strong it has nothing to do with Swordmen, it is their Archers, their Mages, the Chimera and probably their underrated wonderful Lions of War but make no mistake the real tank Humans had before were called Knight of the Lion, now you hardly see people play them and when people play them you see them lose a lot. What humans have going for them right now, is great control but the key for this is the Archers, they make enough damage from so far away that they force the enemy to come to you. It is way harder to attack a solid front line when you are getting destroyed from afar than to just setup a defence line and wait for the enemy to move his units closer to you one by one and hurt what ever is in range.

For example just to give you and idea I was on a fight yesterday and my Swordmen got feared about 6 times on the same match vs Wolfs, in fact there was a point I had 2 Swordmen closing the path of a Guardian of the Runes and both of them began the turn Feared, both of them, twice!!! so, Serious Wounded -2 parry + Frightened -2 parry the Swordman at 2/4 of his health had parry 7 even with 2 of them the Guardian only missed 1 hit out of 6, They didn't won me the match, what won me the match was my positioning of units and the enemy wanting to kill the archers that were way behind my front line destroying his assault units, that's when you use Divine Favor to disengage and Double Shot to destroy what's in front of you. In that same fight I used my other Divine Favor to attack a Fang with a Swordman to avoid the repose damage and guess what? I was hit by a Fang when I had parry 21, Is this the first time this happens to me? Definitely not, it happens way to often. Parry just leaves everything to luck in a way, while Hard Boil will just negate 3 of that damage and the funny thing is... that even with the low parry Skeleton Warriors have when they have HB they reach the wounded point a lot slower than the Swordmen making their Accuracy always be high enough to hit the Swordman 8 times out of 10 (of course not sure of this number but it seems close enough to me).

This thread was never to discuss if Humans are strong or not, they have very good synergy, awesome long range attack, good enough healing, cheap units for better control of the map and the most destructive mage in game but Swordmen in general are not good enough compared to the other foot soldiers in game, they are good at what they do now and NO, thats not called tanking, to tank you need to absorbe damage and be good enough to take the fight on alone and survive enough time to let the rest of the company do their thing. What you should call the Swordman right now is meat shield and they are probably the best meat shield in game. :D

skydancer

PostTue Apr 15, 2014 4:57 pm

Divine favor is another bad devs error imo. Too strong right now.
Btw if you attack and not just defend with a Swordsman it's your fault.
Swordman is perfect right now, prob the best base unit of the game, that's my opinion.
~ work in progress ~

Dragon_Warrior

PostTue Apr 15, 2014 5:05 pm

skydancer wrote:Btw if you attack and not just defend with a Swordsman it's your fault.
Swordman is perfect right now, prob the best base unit of the game, that's my opinion.

You really need to come back and play some lions without bowmans...
ign: Draconnor, Cynwall player, 23 years in computer games, 14 years in battle games, 8 years in Confrontation Universe, 4 years of making own battle games.

SoulCollector

PostTue Apr 15, 2014 5:15 pm

Dragon_Warrior wrote:
skydancer wrote:Btw if you attack and not just defend with a Swordsman it's your fault.

You really need to come back and play some lions without bowmans...

Indeed. ;)

skydancer

PostTue Apr 15, 2014 6:11 pm

Who would play lion without bowman? :o
~ work in progress ~

p122ab0y

PostTue Apr 15, 2014 6:36 pm

If my opinion cout for anything, no not every decent lion list uses swordsman. I never use swordsman in my comp whenever I can help it. Plus war lions are much better "tanking" units. I hesitate to use "tank" because they're not really tanky but well placed lions near ur mage or archer will make any rusher think twice before engaging.

Dragon_Warrior

PostTue Apr 15, 2014 6:49 pm

skydancer wrote:Who would play lion without bowman? :o

Each tactical game must be build around diversity - if ANY Lion company MUST Start from 2-3 Bowmans than there is no point of giving free choice if you only can choose wrong :P

SoulCollector

PostTue Apr 15, 2014 6:51 pm

skydancer wrote:Who would play lion without bowman? :o

Hehehe very good point and of course the answer is some crazy people.

I have been testing some companies without archers, they do work but it depends a lot in what your enemy is using. To be honest you always want at least 1, doesn't even matter what level he is, they are just to good for you not to use them.

Thing is... this was all about the Swordman of Alahan, to be able to tell if they are the best base unit you need to compared them with other based units, try playing a Human company without Archers and then try the same with Wolfs without Crossbow and Undeads without Archers and see how the Swordmen do without the heavy damage from the archers compared with the other base units from other races, as far as I have notice the Humans without Archers are the ones that get hit the hardest and that's when Swordmen show their worth compared to the other base units.

The real value of Swordmen is inside the great synergy humans have when you combine their strength, outside that, Swordmen won't really shine all that much aside from being a unit to close paths with and use encirclement tactics.
PreviousNext

Return to Suggestions